AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-11-12, 17:33   Link #41
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

How do you cut through ideals? I can understand Hauteclaire being able to purify hatred, but I can't figure out how Durandal can cut ideals.

Tsubaki's BB could be similar to what Gasper Balor can do (in the sense of summoning monsters), but I doubt it. She might be able to summon multiple mirrors at once though.

I don't think its sharpness is related to Durandal's true nature that way; I think it's more of "There's so much more to Durandal's true nature than just power" sort of thing.
Old 2014-11-12, 17:38   Link #42
jopjopjop

@Gary She can do that already in Volume 17.

What I envision Tsubaki's BB would be something like Kuisha's hole. Where he can either reflect (original ability) or absorb the attack with a mirror then fire it using another one.

She can also use it to teleport people using the same method. This is the basic concept. Enter a mirror, exit from another.

This ability coincides with her SG's name, Mirror Alice, which Alice used as a gateway to go to another world.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 18:04   Link #43
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

^ Damn. If that happens Rizevim's definitely gonna have to take Tsubaki.
Old 2014-11-12, 18:33   Link #44
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
^ Damn. If that happens Rizevim's definitely gonna have to take Tsubaki.
Not literally to another world. The reference I gave was from Lewis Caroll's Through the Looking Glass. Alice (the girl in Alice in Wonderland) used a mirror to go to another world.

What I had in mind is Tsubaki can use her mirrors to either use them offensively/defensively (redirect attacks / reflect them) or use the mirrors for strategic and tactical purposes, another weapon for Sona to use.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 18:56   Link #45
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
How do you cut through ideals? I can understand Hauteclaire being able to purify hatred, but I can't figure out how Durandal can cut ideals.

Tsubaki's BB could be similar to what Gasper Balor can do (in the sense of summoning monsters), but I doubt it. She might be able to summon multiple mirrors at once though.

I don't think its sharpness is related to Durandal's true nature that way; I think it's more of "There's so much more to Durandal's true nature than just power" sort of thing.
Something similar to purifying hatred, cutting/erasing a person's ideals, ex.) using the ability makes a person lose their objectives for whatever they're doing like if you use the ability on a person trying to murder you, they lose the will to do so and leave you alone.

Of course, I was joking around when I said it, so don't take it so seriously. It's just fun speculation.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 14:43   Link #46
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Looking back at the preview of volume 19, we're most likely going to get another training section like volume 17 had:
  • Tobio's quote mentions a sparring match with Vali.
  • We need more info on [Penetrate].
  • From volume 17's Afterword, we're probably gonna get details on the abilities of Saji's BB.

So, that's gonna be fun.

~3 more days until its release!