AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-11-01, 03:22   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

High School DxD Light Novel - Speculation/Theories on Future Plot after Volume 18

The purpose of this thread is to discuss your speculation and theories on the future direction of the plot of the High School DxD Light Novel after Volume 18. So, to participate in this thread, you are expected to already be familiar with Volume 18 and everything before it, so there is no need for spoiler tags. However, please do not post actual teasers/spoilers about future content in this thread; this should only be for your own speculation and theories, not spoilers.

Once the next set of content is released, please discuss what happens in the appropriate thread for that content. A new thread can be created for speculation on what happens after that. You can, however, post again in this thread if you want to report in on what aspects of your speculation came true (and perhaps where you went horribly wrong!).

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or source illustrations
  • No posting translations of the source itself
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.
Old 2014-11-01, 12:18   Link #2
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Speculation after volume 18? Alright, let's kick off this thread with some volume 19 speculation then!

What sort of power-up do you think Xenovia will gain if she gets Ex-Durandal stolen from her? Obviously she can't fight until she gets another weapon or gets it back.

On another topic, once Miyama-Zero is back to her usual self, what would you like to see illustrations of?

Spoiler for My list:
Old 2014-11-01, 12:21   Link #3
jopjopjop

The question is, will Ex-Durandal be stolen in the first place? I know it's quite obvious to see that it being stolen would be how the story will go but with the quotes, I don't see any indication that Ex-Durandal was stolen or used against them by the previous wielder.

Only thing said is that Xenovia doesn't know how to use it and is using it in the wrong way.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 12:56   Link #4
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Speculation after volume 18? Alright, let's kick off this thread with some volume 19 speculation then!

What sort of power-up do you think Xenovia will gain if she gets Ex-Durandal stolen from her? Obviously she can't fight until she gets another weapon or gets it back.

On another topic, once Miyama-Zero is back to her usual self, what would you like to see illustrations of?

Spoiler for My list:
maybe she will regretting about she only using it's power and then she get the way to use ex-durandal efficiently

and about the illustration i wanted

Spoiler for my list:

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 13:15   Link #5
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post

Spoiler for My list:
Wait, does this mean that Volume 19 will have the regular 6-10 illustrations? Because if it does Ill be so happy
Spoiler for Illustrations:
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 13:21   Link #6
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Wait, does this mean that Volume 19 will have the regular 6-10 illustrations? Because if it does Ill be so happy
Spoiler for Illustrations:
Of course not. We can even have only the cover.
Old 2014-11-01, 13:24   Link #7
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Of course not. We can even have only the cover.
Y U must crush my hopes and dreams to pieces? T_____T
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 13:35   Link #8
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Y U must crush my hopes and dreams to pieces? T_____T
don't give your hopes up. there are possibilities

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 15:29   Link #9
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I just want to see Gabriel . And CCQ . And EJOD . I really want to see them . And i want to see vali getting a true power up to crush lilin
Old 2014-11-01, 20:37   Link #10
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsuSister View Post
don't give your hopes up. there are possibilities
The recent Oda Nobuna Volume says otherwise. Miyama only gave 1 illustration the cover. ( ._.)
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 21:14   Link #11
Always86

Any chance we might see an Infinite Stratos situation and have another artist take over. I enjoy the DxD story a lot but part of the fun is sexy/cool drawings.
Always86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 21:59   Link #12
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
If only art styles could be inherited. It would be nice if there were other artists that could take over without a noticeable change in the designs. In this case, it would be like going from Miyama-Zero to Miyama-One, totally different person, but same art style and quality.
Old 2014-11-01, 22:16   Link #13
jopjopjop

After rereading details about Volume 19, the previous wielder must be someone really powerful for Kokabiel, an enemy, to even praise him by saying he's a person with unrivaled strength.

And if he was regarded that high, then that raises Dulio's status much higher as he's known as the strongest exorcist even with a person like the previous wielder amongst their ranks.
Old 2014-11-03, 16:27   Link #14
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

But even if he was the previous user, is he capable of wield the sword without problems, or even using it?, because only the current user(if im not wrong) is capable of bringing the sword back from it dimension, so Xenovia can just hide it there and job done...or the previous users still have the authority to use it?

I would like to see Tosh as the illustrator if Miyama leave the job
Old 2014-11-03, 16:32   Link #15
jopjopjop

That's why I said in my earlier post here that there's no indication that the previous wielder was able to take hold of Durandal in the first place.

My previous post just highlights the previous wielder's strength.

~By the way, I kinda called it. Ishibumi included that part in the preview.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2014-11-03 at 16:51.
Old 2014-11-03, 21:33   Link #16
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
I would like to see Tosh as the illustrator if Miyama leave the job
Who's this Tosh guy? Link to an example, please?
Old 2014-11-03, 21:47   Link #17
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Who's this Tosh guy? Link to an example, please?
Shokugeki no Soma, Menkui!, Harem Time....mostly H mangas

Spoiler for big img:

Spoiler for big img:

Got the feeling that Crom Cruach gonna help DxD in the upcoming volumes, maybe training issei in a secret dragon art, mixing his heavenly trait with the evil one, making a heavenly evil dragon or something like that

Last edited by DOmus; 2014-11-03 at 22:57.
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 04:48   Link #18
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
After rereading details about Volume 19, the previous wielder must be someone really powerful for Kokabiel, an enemy, to even praise him by saying he's a person with unrivaled strength.

And if he was regarded that high, then that raises Dulio's status much higher as he's known as the strongest exorcist even with a person like the previous wielder amongst their ranks.
If the author follows the mythology in the "Song of Roland" a French poem, durandal was a sword given by an angel to Charlemagne, who gives it to Roland a paladin who is said to have driven back an army of 1000 men single handedly with durandal
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 04:56   Link #19
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
If the author follows the mythology in the "Song of Roland" a French poem, durandal was a sword given by an angel to Charlemagne, who gives it to Roland a paladin who is said to have driven back an army of 1000 men single handedly with durandal
Yes, Roland is strong, although in this case, the previous wielder is stronger.

Reasons are:
  • Kokabiel who was present in the war and lived all those days should have known both Roland and the PW (I'll just call the previous wielder as PW ), but the one that he praised as having unrivaled strength is PW not the original wielder, Roland.
  • From my interpreted quotes, when Arthur challenged PW to a fight, PW was said to be the strongest of all the wielders.
Old 2014-11-04, 07:31   Link #20
jopjopjop

Speculation time :

Trying to find out what's the purpose of Kunou's reappearance, I reread Worship☆Dragon-God Girl.

In that SS, Kunou was there to help build a temple for Ophis. I wonder if her purpose this Volume is close to this objective again? Trying to build something .. or maybe even reforging Kusanagi no Tsurugi?!