AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-13, 17:31   Link #21
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
because his kick went significantly faster it counter acts the weight issuse..example get a truck to go 30mph hit a wall

now have a honda civic hit it @100+ and see how much more damage the civic does
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 17:31   Link #22
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
I still cant se how a punch gets faster by removing weight from the legs...

and the sand is not lying there on the ground ^_^

it looks creepy, and moves around 15 cm above the ground or something...>_>
Well If we put in a phisyc prespective (yeah rigth like wen Kishi is inventing alll of this wacky things he have in mind the laws of phisics and not breaking them)

Lee took weight of hes legs...only his legs...so his body, and this is only from the waist down, moves faster, now because of this.... Lee punches cant keep up with the speed of his body (he did not have weights in his arms) so in order to his punches to have a degree of damaged he canot punch wile in movement, otherwise the punch wont have any power..(try to trow a stone while youre in a moving car in the direction the car is going....the stone practically lose power)

so i think lee took this in consideration and he have to stop his body and then punch.....but all of this Logicals solutions we are trying to get are silly because this is a world were comom laws of phisics are broken by the most simple character....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion
because his kick went significantly faster it counter acts the weight issuse..example get a truck to go 30mph hit a wall

i dont think because wen the car moves and certain speed its acumulates energy al over its mass, when the car crashes with the wall its trasport the enrgy to wall beacuse the wall cant move because is set ataches to the floor it breaks...this is one of the laws of Energy preservation and Passing...

in order to aply this to lee..basically lle have to crash his whole body against the enemy.
Old 2004-10-13, 18:01   Link #23
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
Im a baka.

I just got a conclusion myself.

When he trains, he trains his arms more, so they are more powerful then his legs, or atleast faster, so the diffrence wont be too big when he removes the weights.

>_> or yeah...

I looked through anime laws...and found this:

#1 - Law of Metaphysical Irregularity
The normal laws of physics do not apply.

That would explain it pretty good.

>_> <_<
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 08:31   Link #24
Deth moad ue

i'm not even gonna try the physics end of this...the truck vs. civic thing sounds good to me.

As for neji closing the tenkenetsus, it'd be effective on anyone...Chakra, from what i gather, is like life force/spiritual energy. It can be used toward taijutsu, genjutsu, or ninjutsu -- the latter two taking more, as they make fire, illusions, ice mirrors, etc.

Lee having his chakra pores closed would essentially cripple him as he'd be pretty much unable to move (kinda like naruto before he used kyuubi power vs neji). At that point, nin/gen jutsu would be out of the question, and even regular movement or fighting would be rather difficult. If you did 64 strikes on someone already very low on chakra....you might even kill then, as they'd be even further deprived of energy.

I think......
Deth moad ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 08:35   Link #25
Unit01

People trying to apply the laws of physics into Naruto.
People must be bored
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 10:01   Link #26
Kinjo

I think I remember the formula as "speed x technique + strenght = power" not "heavy legs are da bomb"
Kinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 10:41   Link #27
Nubixkube

Applying weights to sticks and applying weights to human limbs, thats like comparing apples and oranges. It doesn't mean you're going to hit for more damage, you still make contact with your fists and feet if anything. If anyone truely thinks they'd hit someone harder with their FISTS if they had a cinderblock tied to their wrist, thats just stupid. Now if they were hitting them with the cinderblock itself, that might be a different story.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 10:56   Link #28
DJ*

Putting a weight onto a stick might make it hit something harder, but only if you swing the heavier end into something. Hold onto the heavier end and swing the end without a weight on it and it's a different story. Which is the situation Lee would have. He would have problems generating the speed needed to make the extra weight effective.

Sure driving a 10tonne truck at 30mph into a wall is gonna cause damage, but would a 30tonne truck cause more damage if the extra weight limited it to 10mph?
Old 2004-10-14, 11:40   Link #29
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubixkube
If anyone truely thinks they'd hit someone harder with their FISTS if they had a cinderblock tied to their wrist, thats just stupid. Now if they were hitting them with the cinderblock itself, that might be a different story.
If your hand moves at the same velocity as it would if you did not have a cinderblock tied to your wrist, then the combined inertia of your arm/hand and the cinderblock would cause you to apply more force over the same area (because it would take more energy/resistance to stop your hand), i.e., you would do more damage.

However, if you move your arm/hand much faster without the cinderblock, then you could still do more damage.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 12:47   Link #30
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
He should have used guns...

I wonder why no one uses guns...i mean, its televisions and communication things, so guns would probably exist....and im sure some guys would go low enough to use them...

Chakra super fire bullets....>_>
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 13:06   Link #31
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

err actually hitting someone with a cinderblock tied to your hand isn't such a good idea.. maybe hitting someone with the cinderblock (I'm not even sure what a cinderblock is but I'm going to assume it's something like a brick or a weight), otherwise you're just absorbing all the force of the impact with your own hand..

Oh and it doesn't matter if you can punch harder with the cinderblock tied to your hand if you can't hit whatever it is you're punching at.. The reason Lee dropped the weights wasn't because he'd hit harder without them, it was because he couldn't hit Gaara at all with the weights on.
And about his punches not being effective.. It has nothing to do whith how fast his fist is. Fact is, he's already pretty fast, so even if his arms aren't as fast as his legs he can still time a punch long before he reaches his target ('long before' in this case would be several milliseconds before impact considering the speeds he's moving at), he doesn't have to stop to take a swing, that should be pretty obvious...
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:29   Link #32
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion

Aqallion are you related to Aquillon. Anyway I'll be agreeing with you both for now. Hah!
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:51   Link #33
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
Aqallion are you related to Aquillon. Anyway I'll be agreeing with you both for now. Hah!

bah no i didnt even know he was here when i signed up..Agallion is a name i got from a elvish name generator using my last name
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 22:09   Link #34
Zek
Eyebrows...

I don't know where some of you got the impression that his punches were faster or stronger, but they weren't. The only difference is that he was able to move around Gaara(with his legs) so much faster that he created openings for himself, and was able to get past the sand.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 22:29   Link #35
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I don't know where some of you got the impression that his punches were faster or stronger, but they weren't. The only difference is that he was able to move around Gaara(with his legs) so much faster that he created openings for himself, and was able to get past the sand.
If your post was directed at me, I wasn't saying they where faster.. I was just pointing out that just because Lee's lowe body is faster than his upper body doesn't mean he can't throw a punch.
Another thing.. Why hasn't anyone pointed out that Lee handled the weights with his hand, even hoisted one with each hadn to shoulder level without too much effort.. It could be that his upper body is just as fast as his lower body only that he still needed the extra burst of speed from his legs to get past the sand barrier.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 01:05   Link #36
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Increased momentum from the legs can significantly add to the power behind a punch.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 11:49   Link #37
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

There is nothing inaccurate about the observations I read in recent replies here, I'm inclined to agree with it.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote