Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-12, 19:13   Link #1
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
About Lee...

Yeah. I put it all in spoilers, just in case...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Neophos; 2004-10-12 at 19:24.
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 19:33   Link #2
Kylar

on your first spoiler, you have a point that his kick would be more powerful. Though you can also think of it this was too. As he increased his speed he was able to hit more, meaning that maybe one kick would do some much with the weight, but without it he could kick so many more times than that one making it seem that each hit came as one huge hit. If you get what im saying, either way it could balance out in the end.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 20:20   Link #3
Urashima-Sempai

Spoiler:

Last edited by Urashima-Sempai; 2004-10-12 at 20:20. Reason: typo
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 20:48   Link #4
Kovash
Why am I still here!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
From my small understanding of physics, I would say that the amount his speed is amplified without the weights would allow him to pack more hitting power than several ton weights.

Like, for example - A small projectile (rock) thrown at a large metal wall would barely scratch it, make the rock 30 times bigger and it probably makes a small dent; use the original size and make it 30 times faster, the area of damage is small, but do direct that you could imbed the rock into the wall.

In this case, applying a medium amount of damage to a large area is not as effective as a large amount of damage to a very small area.

Spoiler for For Episode '048 Crush Gaara!! Youthfulness! Power! Explosion!':

(not sure if this acctually NEEDS spoiler tags, we are already FAR past this point in the Anime...??? if it does, I'll edit.)

Last edited by Kovash; 2004-10-12 at 21:01.
Kovash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 20:48   Link #5
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-12, 21:39   Link #6
Struggler

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Struggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 21:57   Link #7
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, I guess with weights could mean a more powerful downward kick... but without the weights, the kicks are much faster. Speed is more important than weight. E = M (weight) C (speed)^2. Double the speed makes it four times the power.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 22:00   Link #8
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 22:17   Link #9
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

I just thought of something else...

How come Lee punches faster when he removes weight from the legs?? I mean, sure, his whole body would gain from such a removal of weight, but its not like his arms get faster/stronger by removing weights from the legs, or??

Because his punches go through the sheild of sand, means his arms much have gone over X speed to penetrate the sheild. I mean, the sheild uses some kind of "sense", not eyes to se the attacks, so him running around it wouldnt make it easier for his punches to get through...

or am i missing something??

EXAMPLE: Episode 48, 13:51 and some seconds forward, IIRC. He jsut comes, punches, and somehow his punch is much faster then before.

and yeah, i suck at physics...i never spent time learning the formulas, i just had fun with testing gravity and such ^_^
Old 2004-10-12, 23:27   Link #10
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:

How come Lee punches faster when he removes weight from the legs?? I mean, sure, his whole body would gain from such a removal of weight, but its not like his arms get faster/stronger by removing weights from the legs, or??

Because his punches go through the sheild of sand, means his arms much have gone over X speed to penetrate the sheild. I mean, the sheild uses some kind of "sense", not eyes to se the attacks, so him running around it wouldnt make it easier for his punches to get through...

EXAMPLE: Episode 48, 13:51 and some seconds forward, IIRC. He jsut comes, punches, and somehow his punch is much faster then before.

and yeah, i suck at physics...i never spent time learning the formulas, i just had fun with testing gravity and such ^_^
He used the gained speed from the removal of the weights to position himself such that no sand was in the way between his strike and his opponent. The speed of this punches didn't change too much if anything.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 01:03   Link #11
Kovash
Why am I still here!?

Quote:

This is just assumption with no acctual evidence to back it up, but it helps things make sense;

I get the distinct impression that Lee's speed and strength are attributed to his high Chakra capacity; with more chakra to channel around his body (and none of it gets 'wasted' or reserved for Ninjutsu or Genjutsu) he can MAKE himself that fast.

This is also seen in Naruto when he goes all Kyuubi-fied against Neji and both his Strength and speed are IMMENSELY increased.

Anyway; The wieghts are meant to train his body but doesn't restrict just his strength and speed, because they are SO heavy he needs to channel a lot of chakra to his legs just to keep moving (but even then he is seen as faster than average... interesting huh?).

So by removing the wieghts his chakra goes further than before so he is able to move MUCH faster and so on.

Spoiler for In the anime, but just incase someone hasn't seen this far yet...:
Kovash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 08:06   Link #12
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Kayess: Still, the sheild dony have eyes. It shouldnt matter if he came up behind it and hits, because it should still protect. Even though Gaara couldnt see him, the sheild should act outside his knowledge, meaning it should shield such a weak blow. Later on i understand, if he hits on multiple places at nearly the same time that the shield cant block them all...

Kovash: Yeah. Good explanation...it seems that high chakra gives you a frikkin damn good power..(Naruto Jump Festa DVD 2004..>_> <_<) But still, can you really have such a great chakra without any training on it?? I mean, most ninjas that train nin jutsu would probably gain bigger chakra reserve....but Lee has to convert his pretty good stamina into chakra all the time, since i guess his chakra pool is small...

meh. It was still a good fight ^_^ I like all fights with Gaara...>_> and Lee..<_<
Old 2004-10-13, 08:24   Link #13
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Kayess: Still, the sheild dony have eyes. It shouldnt matter if he came up behind it and hits, because it should still protect. Even though Gaara couldnt see him, the sheild should act outside his knowledge, meaning it should shield such a weak blow. Later on i understand, if he hits on multiple places at nearly the same time that the shield cant block them all...

Kovash: Yeah. Good explanation...it seems that high chakra gives you a frikkin damn good power..(Naruto Jump Festa DVD 2004..>_> <_<) But still, can you really have such a great chakra without any training on it?? I mean, most ninjas that train nin jutsu would probably gain bigger chakra reserve....but Lee has to convert his pretty good stamina into chakra all the time, since i guess his chakra pool is small...

meh. It was still a good fight ^_^ I like all fights with Gaara...>_> and Lee..<_<
Does it matter how the sand senses the movement? The sand does have a speed. Which means it takes time to reach a portion of his body. If Lee is quicker than the sand's speed, he can attack areas which have not been protected yet.
Old 2004-10-13, 08:28   Link #14
lotus_lee

Well, this is Naruto after all so if they want to defy the laws of nature, then let them. I was just happy to see Lee beat the crap out of Gaara (even though he lost) because it was time something good happened to Lee and that he got the respect he deserved.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 08:30   Link #15
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Here's what Kayess meant:

Lee is in front of Gaara. The sand is in front of Gaara.
Lee runs...
Lee is now behind Gaara. The sand is merely on it's way.
Lee punches. The sand was too late to catch the punch.

Another interesting fact:
Lee is not a squid that punches with several arms at several places. He runs/jumps around and throws out punches directed at the enemy when he sees an opening.

Edit: Oh, Kayess already replied.
Old 2004-10-13, 08:36   Link #16
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:

Does it matter how the sand senses the movement? The sand does have a speed. Which means it takes time to reach a portion of his body. If Lee is quicker than the sand's speed, he can attack areas which have not been protected yet.
Old 2004-10-13, 08:45   Link #17
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

But then gaara uses armour of sand, so all Lee's movements were for nothing, not a single sratch on gaara.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 08:57   Link #18
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Lee runs...

Heres what its more like:

Lee is in front of Gaara. The sand is in all around of Gaara.
Lee runs...
Lee is now behind Gaara. The sand is already there, its been lying there the whole fight.

and it still fails to block the punch....

-___- he should have used
Spoiler:

Old 2004-10-13, 16:55   Link #19
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Lee runs...

Heres what its more like:

Lee is in front of Gaara. The sand is in all around of Gaara.
Lee runs...
Lee is now behind Gaara. The sand is already there, its been lying there the whole fight.

and it still fails to block the punch....

-___- he should have used
Spoiler:

In order to deflect the power of the punch, alot of sand has to be concentrated in that area else the sand will just blow into Gaara's face as he recieves the blow. Another thing, even if the sand is completely emcompassing Gaara, it is ON the ground. It is not floating up in the air when it is not deflecting attacks. Which means THERE IS STILL A DISTANCE TO TRAVEL OVER A TIME, meaning Lee being faster allows him to hit Gaara.

It is a combination of both things.
Old 2004-10-13, 17:06   Link #20
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

I still cant se how a punch gets faster by removing weight from the legs...

and the sand is not lying there on the ground ^_^

it looks creepy, and moves around 15 cm above the ground or something...>_>