AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-09-10, 15:24   Link #1
cyberdemon

Assassins Creed Shadows

It’s finally here folks, feudal Japan. It’s on of the next mainline project after Mirage with Hex

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-09-10 at 15:37.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-10, 21:20   Link #2
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Welp. This may bring me back to the AC universe.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-13, 16:25   Link #3
cyberdemon

The thread name needs an update. It is now Assassins Creed Shadows.

Trailer in 2 days
Old 2024-05-14, 13:18   Link #4
CIRQUAN

Not really an AC fan, but might try this one.
Loved Black Flag. Have Odyssey on Steam but file size is ridiculous. -_-

set by myself
CIRQUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 15:31   Link #5
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIRQUAN View Post
Not really an AC fan, but might try this one.
Loved Black Flag. Have Odyssey on Steam but file size is ridiculous. -_-
Odyssey is, by and large, the largest (in terms of traversable surface area, including the sea) and biggest (in terms of scope) Assassin's Creed ever made. I mean, I've been replaying it from scratch for a week already and even now after completing the main campaign, I still find the sheer amount of content crammed in...just staggering. The problem is that many of the smaller locations (camps, forts) are pretty much copy-and-paste (though nowhere near as bad as Hogwarts: Legacy's locations), but the unique areas like Olympia, Athens, Sparta, Argos, Mykonos and Korinthia are an absolute work of art and add their own regional spice and brand of uniqueness. The writing and mission designs are nowhere near the level of Witcher 3: the Wild Hunt's (the AC "RPG saga", which started with Origins and ended with Valhalla and introduced many changes in game mechanics, is said to have been made in response to W3TWH), though.

So, yeah, big filesize due to big stomping grounds...and that's not counting the final DLC (The Fate of Atlantis), which add three different mythological worlds/maps. There is also an education add-on called the Guided Tour, by the way.

Odyssey still ranks very high on the list of AAA games that take a heck of a long time to complete (another grave offender in this category is Ghost Recon: Wildlands, also by Ubisoft). It was so big that Ubisoft had to come forward and reassure players that Valhalla wouldn't be as long as its predecessor, the map wouldn't be as big, but would be more dense and diverse in terms of content.

Last edited by Renegade334; Yesterday at 05:41.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:12   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Set in the late Sengoku period, with two characters: Naoe the Shinobi and Yasuke the Samurai. Both have their distinctive playstyle. (Kinda reminiscent of Jacob and Evie from Syndicate)
Apparently, you also get to create, train and kit your own...Shinobi league? (callback to AC2B?)
Out November 15.

P.S. Yasuke is all but guaranteed to be this actual historical figure (an actual Afro Samurai!). If so, we might get to see Oda Nobunaga's campaign all the way to his suicide after the Honno-ji incident. Bonus characters would be Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Akechi Mitsuhide and Tokugawa Ieyasu...for starters.

Last edited by Renegade334; Yesterday at 13:34.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:44   Link #7
cyberdemon

Wow they actually went with him. I saw talks but wasn’t sure. Guess they needed some diversity to set this apart from Ghost of Tsushima. Glad they at least have set characters though. Odyssey and Valhallas indecisiveness annoyed me. Just hope they learned from Syndicate and do better with 2 protags. Maybe go Pokémon on it and create 2 games but they interlap at times
Old Yesterday, 20:43   Link #8
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Argghhh....... they're really gonna bring me back to AC with this, aren't they. A playable shinobi basically means I have to.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote