AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-01, 18:07   Link #21
Dextro
He Without a Title

So did I just get tricked into watching a 20min whiskey ad and it still left me teary eyed at the end? Well done Suntory!
Old 2024-05-01, 19:35   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I live about 15 minutes from Yamazaki Distillery now and it used to be a great place to visit. But Japan is so over-touristed now that you can’t get a reservation even for a self-guided visit. And the demand for J-whisky is such that the tasting bar - which used to be a tremendous place to sample older Suntory whisky at a reasonable price - is a total ripoff.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 19:41   Link #23
grecefar

I hope chen reunites with chitose in the future.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-02, 15:59   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So did I just get tricked into watching a 20min whiskey ad and it still left me teary eyed at the end? Well done Suntory!
I think it was anime original. I wonder if they paid the production to make it happen?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-02, 18:27   Link #25
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think it was anime original. I wonder if they paid the production to make it happen?
If it's Anime original than that's a given but it's been pretty obvious that Suntory is sponsoring the show right from the off. I've noticed the several background placements of Yamazaki whiskey as well as the call out to stuff like Beefeater (which is licensed in Japan by Suntory). Not that I'm complaining, it's the same vibe you get when playing a Like a Dragon game
Old 2024-05-03, 04:16   Link #26
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Wow...to carry that burden and memory for 12 years (and longer moving forward) weighed heavily on Chen (who doesn't look Asian at all, but takes after his father more). I too hope that he can run into Chitose someday.

Sasakura and Miwa played a key role in listening and consoling Chen throughout this trip. He once had a personality but became stoic in fear of being in defiance to his father. It is unfortunate the inn Chitose was working at went out of business, so perhaps it's a sign that she ultimately did not follow her mother's wishes.

By the way, until Chen showed up, I thought Sasakura was going to have a harem trip all to himself (minus Miwa's coworker who I'm somewhat surprised, but understand, was not on this trip).

Too bad for Kyouko and Yuri they missed the last train back.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-03, 04:20   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Why is a guy named Chen with a Japanese mother a dead ringer for an American football player from Kansas?
Old 2024-05-03, 07:46   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Why is a guy named Chen with a Japanese mother a dead ringer for an American football player from Kansas?
I also noticed that. Chalked it up to the "Foreigners are Blonde" cliché in anime/manga. The japanese mother is just to justify not having to deal with language barrier I guess.
Old 2024-05-08, 18:25   Link #29
grecefar

I was sure that hayase was going to be yukari's fiancee but the twist was that it wasn't.

the alexander looked good, I would love to try one someday.
Old 2024-05-09, 12:39   Link #30
HandofFate

aww, quite liked this little story between the two 'smokers'
I liked they kept showing up in the background the rest of the episodes. The doctor girl is moving though, would have liked to see them occasionally in the background, only the cigars are now gone showing that they're still meeting up. The guy asked her for a date, but Sendai is quite a long way from Ginza.
Old 2024-05-10, 01:03   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Looks like a 2h train ride, not too terrible if it's once a week, or if you meet halfway.
Old 2024-05-10, 04:43   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Looks like a 2h train ride, not too terrible if it's once a week, or if you meet halfway.
Taking the Shinkansen that often would get pretty expensive.

Note - mid-boss man was totally in the wrong on the cigar thing. No way she owed him any sort of apology. If he pulled that shit on some people he'd be getting a lot more than he bargained for.
Old 2024-05-11, 05:13   Link #33
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Strange they mentioned Yukari's upcoming wedding but didn't show who the fiance was. I felt that plot point was rather weak, even if it served to have both her and Miwa come to the bar separate from each other to talk to Sasakura.

Regarding the manager and doctor, I agree that she did not need to apologize. Maybe she provoked him too much but his demand was way more intrusive. She should have been mad at him for breaking the cigar in half. I also felt this plot point was rather weak and only served to bring those two together, only to find out that she is moving away and he now asks her on a date.

This was the weakest episode of the series by far. Perhaps the only saving grace was Sasakura showing the manager the other side of the bar and explaining the doctor's position, as well as saying the right things to Yukari as she was crying (and her boss being a little sad that he doesn't get to perform his speech).
Old 2024-05-11, 21:02   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Taking the Shinkansen that often would get pretty expensive.
I assume it stays in business because of clientele the ilk of which can go to fancy bars like this.

The guy was in the wrong for the cigar incident, but I simply hate smokers so it was satisfying to see anyways, at least until it was explained what it was really about.
Old 2024-05-11, 23:09   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Don't lump cigars in with cigarette smokers. Chalk and cheese.
Old 2024-05-15, 16:40   Link #36
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Episode 7 had quite the full cast!

Sasakura is recruited to make the "Welcome Drink" and Chen goes through his struggle with his father.

Just when things were looking up...well we are left with a classic cliffhanger.
Old 2024-05-15, 18:11   Link #37
grecefar

sasakura is great when he is tending the person in front of him because he notices but when it comes to drinks for people who he can't see he goes by the book, not bad but not amazing like he is.
Old Yesterday, 01:03   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

The 'winning' move is to not take the flight. The risk is disinheritance.

Tags
bartending, slice of life