AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   (CR) Bartender: Glass of God (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=158645)

Stark700 2022-10-21 08:14

Bartender: Glass of God

Manga series Bartender has a new anime project in the works

Source (official site)

https://bartender-anime.com

Tenzen12 2022-10-21 08:15

Bartender is great, no doubt about that, but if someone asked me about top 10 good animes that doesn't need remake/sequel, this one would be up there.

Probably still watch.:heh:

Kanon 2022-10-21 12:15

That's another one on the list of sequels I never expected to see.

Last Sinner 2022-10-21 21:32

I liked it the first time round. I will gladly check out more of this.

Stark700 2023-04-24 08:36

Coming April 2024

https://twitter.com/bartender_anime/...24351869599744

Last Sinner 2023-04-24 19:35

It's happening and that's what matters.

Last Sinner 2023-05-29 07:05

Came across this tonight. Made me think of this title.

grecefar 2024-04-03 20:11

a really good first chapter, this may be my favorite of the season.

I can see both of them trying to hire him all season and him refusing.

Cloudedmind 2024-04-03 22:52

Hmm, so is this just a remake?

Dop 2024-04-04 14:15

When the episode started with the guy asking the potential bartenders to make a drink, I recognised that as pretty much how the first episode of the original series went.

But then the focus shifted. They've changed things up a bit and I thought for the better. They've lost that kind of stagey theatrical feel I often got with the original and moved to a more naturalistic style.

So (judging by the first episode) it's the same, but it's also different. I liked it.
Looking forward to seeing where they go with future episodes.

Cloudedmind 2024-04-04 19:40

I read in the CR comments section that this is supposed to be closer to the manga, compared to the first anime.

Alchemist007 2024-04-05 01:52

Initially it appeared to be starting off way too modernized. Whereas the original anime was pretty much in the charm zone right away, in the last third this first ep also came around to it. Hopefully it lives up to what made the first anime interesting.

magnumcyclonex 2024-04-05 03:37

I never knew there was a prior Bartender series, but I'm here for this one in 2024. Main guy looks a bit like the guy from Stein's Gate. I liked his explanation of what a bartender is. I hope the overall story is good. The two girls add some nice comedic value and I'm glad to see this has lots of modern and contemporary scenes and companies mentioned here.

Anh_Minh 2024-04-05 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudedmind (Post 6575705)
I read in the CR comments section that this is supposed to be closer to the manga, compared to the first anime.

It doesn't look like it is. It's been a long time, but I remember I was surprised by all the differences when I read the manga. But it seems the remake made the same changes as the first anime.

Tactics 2024-04-06 20:46

Interesting. It more comfy, unlike original's dramatic style.
Seems to prioritizes the build up as well, instead of presenting the bar as a main stage.

Decel 2024-04-07 09:24

Never seen the first series either. So far I like this, I just hope they won't focus too much on the main guy's cluelessness outside of work; that was cringy.

magnumcyclonex 2024-04-10 19:16

Episode 2 was great. I could get on board with this. The bartender has a calming presence, even in the face of someone else's wisdom/experience. The two girls are still at it again, and another girl shows up which honestly made the last part of the episode very wholesome to watch.

grecefar 2024-04-10 20:03

I find annoying their insistence to hire him, while I do understand why, when someone says no that's the end of it no matter what are you offering. I do believe he is afraid of heights.

nice chapter, I didn't expect to meet the owner of the hotel so soon.

magnumcyclonex 2024-04-19 03:54

Episode 3:

Well well well...Sasakura for once lost his poise and his cool, after apparently "losing" to Mr. Perfect. But...he quickly regained his composure after the grand daughter chased after to console him.

Also, it was interesting to see that he provoked, or rather, gave a friendly nudge to bartender Kawakami Kyoko to light a fire under her so that she wouldn't quit her job.

Back to the Manhatten drink, I do agree with his style of pleasing the customer and tailoring drinks to their conditions and personalities. I'm sure mixologists would argue that chasing the perfect consistent taste would be the top priority, but his intuition and read of customers is unparalleled in this storyline.

Dop 2024-05-01 15:21

This week's episode brought to you by the Suntory Yamazaki Distillery.

I guess some of the head staff had a nice fact-finding research trip for that!

There was a bit of a story as well, but yeah, very much about Yamazaki whisky.