AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-24, 08:31   Link #121
Chichiryuushintei

Even now the anime sales are quite good. I'd even say they're great. But each season, especially when there's a long time of wait in-between, will sell less than the previous in most of the cases. If the sales keep like they are now, yeah, we'll keep getting more seasons, but if they drop like it's the norm, then we won't.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 08:58   Link #122
Biohazardous

They have the material for plenty more yes and they would need to keep the break short to help keep sales up. The thing is after season 5 it will be hard to animate and have a good ending point. They might have to go to 2-cour or take liberties we won't like. We already hated how they did that in season 3.
Old 2015-09-24, 09:23   Link #123
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
obligatory "see, this is why I hate series that set their ending in stone publicly before the thing even begins cooking. It eliminates any and all sense of tension and makes its readers set themselves on their fellow readers' throats."
The ending is not set in stone. All we know is that there will be no children in the ending itself, those will come many years after. Some time later Azazel will die and 3 of the current Maous will retire. Aside from that it's implied that there will be a major reform in the upper ranks of high class devils, with Diehauser becoming a Maou.
Old 2015-09-25, 00:03   Link #124
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
They have the material for plenty more yes and they would need to keep the break short to help keep sales up. The thing is after season 5 it will be hard to animate and have a good ending point. They might have to go to 2-cour or take liberties we won't like. We already hated how they did that in season 3.
But you also have to take into account that a show is advertising for the light novel as well. In those scenarios where the light novel does well even mediocre sales don't matter and they can make more anime.

DxD is a case where both the sales are good and the light novel sells well. So its not walking the same tight rope that other shows do, who have poor sales and the light novel or manga is not improving in sales and ending. For DxD sales are not as critical as say something that is anime original or a work that has ended.

Then again you have Mahouka where both sales are great and no anime, so sometimes its so random there is no way to gauge it. Only time will tell.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 12:42   Link #125
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Chichi: It's true that Asia should have a kid as well, I agree with you on that, plus I also think it'd suck if she turns out to not have a kid even after EX has ended (not even a mention whatsoever). But I disagree with you on EX being mainly about Ise's kids. I think that the war against the Evil Gods from the world and their underlings (those bio-robotic lifeforms and the ULs), is also important. The main point of EX is probably to let us know about that and Ise's kids, as well as other changes that will be come up in 30 years' time. And it's also to tell us that the stuff wrong with the future might be fixed.
Old 2015-09-26, 14:15   Link #126
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Chichi: It's true that Asia should have a kid as well, I agree with you on that, plus I also think it'd suck if she turns out to not have a kid even after EX has ended (not even a mention whatsoever). But I disagree with you on EX being mainly about Ise's kids. I think that the war against the Evil Gods from the world and their underlings (those bio-robotic lifeforms and the ULs), is also important. The main point of EX is probably to let us know about that and Ise's kids, as well as other changes that will be come up in 30 years' time. And it's also to tell us that the stuff wrong with the future might be fixed.
It's hard to consider those guys important when they just appeared for this. Like Loki being the most unimportant and irrelevant villain of the series and Yaegaki being the worst... anything, of the series.

At least the kids are related to characters I know and care about.

Well, at least one of them is a Cyborg-Dragon-thing. That's kinda cool.

Again, it's time travel in an ecchi/battle shonen series. Everything WILL be fixed.
Old 2015-09-26, 19:55   Link #127
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Like Loki being the most unimportant and irrelevant villain of the series
Loki was sacrificed to the plot for the purpose of adding Rose to the team after all. But at least he had a purpose in aiding to the addition of Rose unlike Yaegaki..
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 22:56   Link #128
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Loki was sacrificed to the plot for the purpose of adding Rose to the team after all. But at least he had a purpose in aiding to the addition of Rose unlike Yaegaki..
He technically wasn't a villain, there was that "clever" twist of him being actually a tragic anti-hero in search of revenge bull crap.
Old 2015-09-27, 09:15   Link #129
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, we can't call Yaegaki a villain.

And Loki may have kind of irrelevant other than adding Rose to the good guys' team, but the war in the future is still important. One of the main reasons that the kids came back from the future was to prevent the war from happening.
Old 2015-09-27, 11:48   Link #130
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Yeah, we can't call Yaegaki a villain.

And Loki may have kind of irrelevant other than adding Rose to the good guys' team, but the war in the future is still important. One of the main reasons that the kids came back from the future was to prevent the war from happening.
That's the point. It'll all return to square one. It'll be the same as if he never did anything at all.
Old 2015-09-27, 14:11   Link #131
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But the fact that the kids came from the future to prevent the war does make it important. Do remember that we don't really even need to read EX. We can continue the main story without having to worry about EX at all. So if EX itself doesn't matter, why does its main plot-point have to matter? It doesn't. And that main plot-points are the war and Asia's curse, and the fact that the kids want to prevent them from happening. Once those things have been fixed, EX will seem like it never happened. Hence us not having to worry about it.
Old 2015-09-27, 16:44   Link #132
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
But the fact that the kids came from the future to prevent the war does make it important. Do remember that we don't really even need to read EX. We can continue the main story without having to worry about EX at all. So if EX itself doesn't matter, why does its main plot-point have to matter? It doesn't. And that main plot-points are the war and Asia's curse, and the fact that the kids want to prevent them from happening. Once those things have been fixed, EX will seem like it never happened. Hence us not having to worry about it.
... But that's what I said.
Old 2015-09-27, 17:46   Link #133
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You're making it seem like the kids are the only main plot point. That's what I'm disagreeing with here.
Old 2015-09-27, 18:37   Link #134
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
You're making it seem like the kids are the only main plot point. That's what I'm disagreeing with here.
That's because they are. The main plot of EX is the kids coming to the present and doing their thing. None of the enemies did anything remotely interesting. They just seems to be evil for the sake of being evil. And Ishibumi is clearly focusing on developing the kids and not the villains so they will just be a handful of Lokis 2.0 by the end of this.

And before anyone says he still can do it in the last 4 parts, one single volume isn't enough to develop a character decently. Yaegaki and Loki are proof of this.
Old 2015-09-27, 18:50   Link #135
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We still don't have all of EX yet, and also, what Jopjopjop is giving us, while quite descriptive (thankfully), are still just summaries. Maybe the enemies in future parts of EX will do more interesting things, who knows? And besides, even if they don't do anything interesting, at least they're actual villains that truly mean harm to the good guys and are at all-out war against them in the future, unlike Strada and Cristaldi in Volume 19 who were only "rebelling" against the Church just to help the Alliance of the Three Great Powers and give them advice and other useful stuff and whatnot.
Old 2015-09-27, 21:35   Link #136
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
We still don't have all of EX yet, and also, what Jopjopjop is giving us, while quite descriptive (thankfully), are still just summaries. Maybe the enemies in future parts of EX will do more interesting things, who knows? And besides, even if they don't do anything interesting, at least they're actual villains that truly mean harm to the good guys and are at all-out war against them in the future, unlike Strada and Cristaldi in Volume 19 who were only "rebelling" against the Church just to help the Alliance of the Three Great Powers and give them advice and other useful stuff and whatnot.
Do you know who else was an actual villain that meant harm to the good guys? Loki and Shalba. And they were crap.

Did you read the part where I said that a character can't be properly developed in a single volume?

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-09-27 at 21:50.
Old 2015-10-25, 17:24   Link #137
amtro
Distro

Old 2015-10-27, 04:51   Link #138
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Do you know who else was an actual villain that meant harm to the good guys? Loki and Shalba. And they were crap.

Did you read the part where I said that a character can't be properly developed in a single volume?
I think the only villian who legitimately managed to kill any of the protagonists was raynare, shalba came close in vol 11, he managed to destroy ise's body but could not get to his soul
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 10:59   Link #139
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Raynare's "kills" didn't really count, either. She killed Ise when he was just a normal human, after which Rias made him into her Servant Devil by reincarnating him. Then she killed Asia, but she was also revived by reincarnating into a Devil like Ise. And IIRC, those were her only kills.
Old 2015-10-27, 13:07   Link #140
Bigmac

I disagree. Issei has been killed twice, once by Raynare and once by Shalba. Just because his soul survived and was reincarnated doesn't mean he wasn't killed.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote