AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-13, 10:55   Link #1281
Lucidrago

Saji is worth 5 pawns.

Issei's not replacing Ravel, Asia, Xenovia, Roygun, or Bina. I don't see him replacing Ouryuu or Rossweisse either.

King - Issei Hyoudou

Queen- Bina Lessthan(Grayfia)

Rook- Ouryuu Nakiri

Rook- Roygun Belphegor

Knight- Xenovia Quarta

Knight- Irina Shidou

Bishop- Asia Argento

Bishop- Rossweisse

Pawn (x5)- Genshirou Saji

Pawn(x2)- Ravel Phenex

Pawn (x1)- One of Roygun's servants

Or

King- Issei Hyoudou

Queen- Bina Less than

Rook- Ouryuu Nakiri

Rook- Roygun Belphegor

Knight- Xenovia Quarts

Knight- Genshirou Saji

Bishop- Asia Argento

Bishop- Rossweisse

Pawn (x3)- Bova Tannin

Pawn (x2)- Ravel Phenex

Pawn(x2)- Elmenhilde Karnstein

Pawn (x1)?- Irina Shidou

Now people are going to complain about Irina being worth only one pawn piece.

Issei might feel like his team is already complete. Plus 4 dragons is a crowd.

I know team members can be moved around but Issei and Sairaorg might feel that their teams are complete. Plus I don't see any of Issei's rivals wanting to compete on his team.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 11:15   Link #1282
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Saji is worth 5 pawns.

Issei's not replacing Ravel, Asia, Xenovia, Roygun, or Bina. I don't see him replacing Ouryuu or Rossweisse either.

King - Issei Hyoudou

Rook- Ouryuu Nakiri

Rook- Roygun Belphegor

Knight- Xenovia Quarta

Knight- Irina Shidou

Bishop- Asia Argento

Bishop- Rossweisse

Pawn(x2)- Ravel Phenex

Or

King- Issei Hyoudou

Queen- Bina Less than

Rook- Ouryuu Nakiri

Rook- Roygun Belphegor

Knight- Xenovia Quarts

Knight- Genshirou Saji

Bishop- Asia Argento

Bishop- Rossweisse

Pawn (x3)- Bova Tannin

Pawn (x2)- Ravel Phenex

Pawn (x1)?- Irina Shidou

I know team members can be moved around but Issei and Sairaorg might feel that their teams are complete. Plus I don't see any of Issei's rivals wanting to compete on his team.
This, this past arc has had all of the rivals pretty much being all “come at me bro” at him, joining with him at this point would be a bit OOC, Saji included
Old 2018-04-13, 11:16   Link #1283
Sauron12561

is it still possible to move members around during the next stage of the tournament? i vaguely remember something being said about that only being possible during the preliminaries and that a team needs to have fixed members for the final stage. but i could be wrong on this though
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 11:23   Link #1284
Lucidrago

Teams can switch around their members. They can submit their team line-up before their upcoming match and it's most likely final after a certain time period. Like no changing at the last minute right before the match upon seeing your opponent's line-up.

A person can't be registered on two different teams. If discovered, the said person will be disqualified and the teams that registered said players will receive a penalty.

Trades can take place as well. Although the number is limited.
Old 2018-04-13, 11:39   Link #1285
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

If Saji joined Sairaorg's team I would envision him as a Rook.

King - Sairaorg Bael

Queen- Kuisha Abaddon

Rook- Sectaas Barbatos

Rook- Genshirou Saji

Knight- Liban Crocell

Knight- Beruka Furcas

Bishop- Veves Furfur

Bishop- Misteeta Sabnock

Pawn - Regulus

Pawn- Gandoma Balam

Pawn - Coriana Andrealphus

I doubt that Saji would join Indra as Vritra has more reason to hate him since Indra did kill him. Mahabali has more of a change of recruiting him.
Are there any more Vritra Sacred Gears? If so maybe the Grigori could give them to Saji as an upgrade?
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 12:48   Link #1286
Lucidrago

Well Vritra is an Evil Dragon so technically he deserved it. The Evil Dragons weren't just Colossi who were minding their own business. The fact that you have to put classify them as 'evil when the regular dragons were bad enough just proves there was something wrong with them.

Ddraig and Albion don't hate God and the leaders of the Three Factions for defeating them.

Indra's not a bad or evil character despite some people want to believe so.

I doubt that Sairaorg would replace his servant who has the ability to turn into a giant dragon.
Old 2018-04-13, 13:06   Link #1287
Sauron12561

Thank you for clearing that up Lucidrago
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 13:54   Link #1288
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Saji is worth 5 pawns.

King - Issei Hyoudou

Rook- Ouryuu Nakiri

Rook- Roygun Belphegor

Knight- Xenovia Quarta

Knight- Irina Shidou

Bishop- Asia Argento

Bishop- Rossweisse

Pawn(x2)- Ravel Phenex

Or

King- Issei Hyoudou

Queen- Bina Less than

Rook- Ouryuu Nakiri

Rook- Roygun Belphegor

Knight- Xenovia Quarts

Knight- Genshirou Saji

Bishop- Asia Argento

Bishop- Rossweisse

Pawn (x3)- Bova Tannin

Pawn (x2)- Ravel Phenex

Pawn (x1)?- Irina Shidou

Your second line up can't happen because Saji couldn't be a knight. A knight is worth only 3 pawn pieces. I could see your first choice as a possibility. Also since Sona is out I wonder if she would join a team. I wonder if Rias could pick her up. Sona's knowledge and tactics could help Rias a big deal.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 14:30   Link #1289
cyberdemon

Quote:
Sairaorg is already recruiting Seekvaira to his team. And due to Saji's worth as a pawn in this tournament, it'll kind of be hard to put him on the team.

Same case with Issei. He would have to remove one of his team members just to squeeze Saji in.

Either Team Asura or Team Vajra (Indra's team).

I'm guessing it can cut and shoot through anything.
They removed the pawn value of the pieces for normal devils. So Saji is only considered 1 piece.

From Vol 22 Life 4
Quote:
Secondly, the concept of a pawn piece’s value had been invalidated in this tournament. Even if a servant originally possessed multiple pieces, it would become equivalent to having one unless they were a God-class being.
Old 2018-04-13, 14:34   Link #1290
Lucidrago

How many pawn pieces a person is worth in this tournament doesn't apply to the other pieces. As long as you're not god-class you'll be worth 1 knight, bishop, or rook piece. They only attached the value to the pawn because they don't want everyone registering their strongest team members as pawns and all of them promoting to queen. Only god-class beings are worth two pieces(knight, bishop, rook) or 8 pawn pieces in this tournament. If you're not a god-class then you're just worth 1 piece unless you're a pawn.

EDIT: Saji is worth 5 pawn pieces. Got that from spoilers for DX4. And that was a typo. I noted that in the past. That statement only applies for rooks, knights, and bishops. Not pawns. Even for someone who's originally a pawn.
Old 2018-04-13, 19:53   Link #1291
B214

Well the tournament itself allows people to swap members (except the King) into different positions, so i don't see why Saji joining Ise's team should be an issue. Think about it, Sona and Rias are rivals but do you think it's impossible for Sona to join Rias' team?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 22:10   Link #1292
Lucidrago

I just doubt it. Let someone else get those guys. Cao Cao and Dulio have a bunch of worthless pawns. Besides Lavinia, Samejima, and Natsume, we have no idea who's on his team. Barakiel might join his team. Vali has 3 pawns left open according to his current line-up. Rias and Issei already have dream teams. I don't see why they need to add on anyone else.
Old 2018-04-13, 22:46   Link #1293
Femt0

@Lucidrago if i recall Vali has 5 pawn pieces left.

Well the named teams that had lost are Riser,Sona,Seekvaira,Zatouji and Barakiel.
And out of those the ones that have potential in joining another are Sona,Tsubaki,Saji,Bennia,Garou,Barakiel. Riser is already joining his brothers team same for Seekvaira joining Sairaorg team.

I can see maybe Garou joining Vali's team he can make a really good combo with Fenrir doggy squad .
Femt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 23:03   Link #1294
cyberdemon

what if Sona joined Issei's team because of her rivalry with Rias? Would create some conflict with Ravel who is Issei's strategist and potentially give her some development as she struggles to come up with better strategies than Sona.
Old 2018-04-13, 23:21   Link #1295
thefreakmike

I could see Sona being an advisor for Issei´s team, making her still clash with Ravel; tho her joining his team is whole different matter, like someone already said Issei´s team is pretty much complete
Old 2018-04-13, 23:43   Link #1296
cyberdemon

The more on the team the better. It gives more variety for battles. Not everyone will be able to join at once but having more than the maximum means everyone will just try that much harder to make sure that they get a spot.

I could just see how it plays out. Issei is hesitant because he already has a strategist in Ravel but Ravel actually pushes him to let her join. However as Sona show more of her tactical mind, Ravel starts to lose confidence in her skills as Sona's plans just keep working out that much better. Of course she gets better with Issei's help and stops seeking only total domination in her tactics. Perhaps Ravels mom tries to take her back as well because she feels Issei isn't making use of her abilities the right way and we learn why she ended up dropping the Phenex name by EX.
Old 2018-04-14, 04:24   Link #1297
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The more on the team the better. It gives more variety for battles. Not everyone will be able to join at once but having more than the maximum means everyone will just try that much harder to make sure that they get a spot.

I could just see how it plays out. Issei is hesitant because he already has a strategist in Ravel but Ravel actually pushes him to let her join. However as Sona show more of her tactical mind, Ravel starts to lose confidence in her skills as Sona's plans just keep working out that much better. Of course she gets better with Issei's help and stops seeking only total domination in her tactics. Perhaps Ravels mom tries to take her back as well because she feels Issei isn't making use of her abilities the right way and we learn why she ended up dropping the Phenex name by EX.
I doubt it would happen. Ravel already resolved herself to improve and change her tactics ever since that defeat in Vol 23 and Issei made it clear in Vol 24 that he would have no one else other than Ravel to be his strategist. Having Sona in to usurp Ravel would kill it. Issei already has Roygun who is the former 2nd rank and with her experience and knowledge helping Ravel, his team is set so they don't need Sona. Rias on the other hand has no experience players in the rating games and her tactics are decent at best. Let Sona join her team to help Rias come up with better tactics. Rias has done well so far because all of her matches were against weak teams except for Vali's team. Now since they are in the top 16 her future matches would be very challenging. Especially if she go against Diehauser.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 06:43   Link #1298
Lucidrago

Well that's kind of been the entire point with Rias' peerage and team. They're so OP they don't really need tactics or strategy. And she has Strada and Crom Cruach. While they aren't experienced Rating Game players, they're still experienced.

That could prove the most interesting challenge. Could Rias overcome the man who dominated the Rating Games. This guy just beat several god-class teams. That's to be expected since how are they going to beat the Champion at his own game? Would be the perfect match for Rias. More than the god teams or one of the Longinus possessors. Because she's definitely not defeating Indra or Zeno. And is probably not defeating Typhon (who wants Issei's sloppy seconds?), Mahabali, Surtr, or any of the other Longinus possessors. I just see her facing Diehauser and then Issei.

Cao Cao vs Dulio because a match of tactics and strategy. And a battle between the two most powerful Longinus. Strongest human vs strongest exorcist. An epic match indeed.

Vali vs Sun Wukong. Just to see how Vali's training with Sun Wukong went. And the first generation Journey to the West vs current generation Journey to the West.

Zeno vs Typhon. Again who wants Issei's sloppy seconds? They're most likely getting curbstomped.

Sairaorg vs Mahabali. Just seems to me like an epic match.

Tobio vs Shooting Star. Let Tobio be the first one to taste the power of this new Longinus possessor. Or we could just easily switch him out with Sairaorg. Either way Shooting Star 's win.

Indra vs Surtr. Just because.

And does anyone know what teams the possessors of Nereis Kyrie and Alphecca Tyrant are on?
Old 2018-04-14, 07:04   Link #1299
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Its unknown if the possessors of Nereis Kyrie and Alphecca Tyrant are on a team.

In my opinion I don't think its a good idea for the possessors to be on a team for the Azazel Cup because think about how many Longinus users are in it right now there 13/18 Longinus currently in the tournament.

Last edited by CCPDarkraiRules; 2018-04-14 at 07:17.
CCPDarkraiRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 08:30   Link #1300
Lucidrago

Issei, Vali, Sairaorg, Dulio, Tobio, Cao Cao, Lavinia, Georg, Lint, Valerie, Gasper, Shooting Star, possessor of Unknown Dictator.

That's 13 right there. 14 if Leonardo ends up competing. And plus how would we know that there were new Longinus if the possessors weren't competing in the tournament?