AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-02-28, 15:28   Link #101
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I know "Rossweisse" isn't Rossweisse's family name. I never said it is.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 15:33   Link #102
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I know. I was just referring to how "Rossweisse" is also one of the names of Valkyries in the myths (if I'm not mistaken?). If she didn't inherit that name from someone else, then that should explain a lot.
Old 2018-02-28, 16:29   Link #103
Crimson406

Volume 25 Cover.

https://imgur.com/a/jwyj9
Crimson406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 16:40   Link #104
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I love that cover. Thanks for posting it here.

And yes, I'm glad it's Rose. She looks beautiful in that dress. But this also goes to show that this situation is similar to the one where Rias was engaged to Riser when she lost in the match against him. Hopefully Ise will win against Vidar, since whether Rose has to marry Vidar or not depends on that rather than on whether Ise's team wins the match or not. Unless Ise's team does have to win, in which case it's hopeless unless Ise does win the match. Though it could be similar to the case with Rias in Volume 2, where Ise was able to take Rias back (but it doesn't seem like he'll be able to do that here, sadly - so he probably has to settle it in that match and stop the engagement from happening in the first place).

I don't get why the same engagement plot has to come up again, though. We already know Ise will marry Rose in the end anyway, too, so they aren't fooling anyone.
Old 2018-02-28, 16:43   Link #105
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I also absolute love it as well.
Old 2018-02-28, 16:45   Link #106
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Enough that you made it your avatar pic, huh? Nice. Looks good.
Old 2018-02-28, 16:51   Link #107
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Thank you. To quote Thanos from the Infinity War trailer about how I feel about the cover:

Quote:
But this... does put a smile on my face.
Old 2018-02-28, 17:08   Link #108
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
Thank you. To quote Thanos from the Infinity War trailer about how I feel about the cover:
I see that you are a man of culture as well
Old 2018-02-28, 17:47   Link #109
Lucidrago

Anyone notice now that Rossweisse has the same number of single covers as Rias and Xenovia. And she has more single covers than Asia and Akeno. Weird right?

Ishibumi needs a relevant plot for the girl who the volume is about. Most fit perfectly like Rias' dilemma in Volume 2. And a few are just Ishibumi trying to find something to make said girl relevant to their own volume that makes almost no sense. I'm mainly talking about Volume 14 and the fake Phenex Tears. Made no sense whatsoever but Ishibumi just needed something to connect Ravel to Volume 14.

Again with this volume. Vidar trying to make Rossweisse his bride. Ishibumi's just scrambling for stuff now.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 18:01   Link #110
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post

And yes, I'm glad it's Rose. She looks beautiful in that dress. But this also goes to show that this situation is similar to the one where Rias was engaged to Riser when she lost in the match against him. Hopefully Ise will win against Vidar, since whether Rose has to marry Vidar or not depends on that rather than on whether Ise's team wins the match or not. Unless Ise's team does have to win, in which case it's hopeless unless Ise does win the match. Though it could be similar to the case with Rias in Volume 2, where Ise was able to take Rias back (but it doesn't seem like he'll be able to do that here, sadly - so he probably has to settle it in that match and stop the engagement from happening in the first place).

I don't get why the same engagement plot has to come up again, though. We already know Ise will marry Rose in the end anyway, too, so they aren't fooling anyone.
No it's not mention that Rose marrying Vidar has to do with Ise winning or losing. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's all a ruse just to have Ise and Rose's relationship progress. The timing IMO is too coincidence, they're facing Ise next and Vidar pulls this action.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 18:15   Link #111
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Are you going to say that Vidar being told by the people in the Norse world that he needs to choose a wife is my own head canon now? Because I could've sworn that's what led to this. Vidar said he'd marry Rose, and Gondul accepted under the condition that he defeat Ise.
Old 2018-02-28, 18:20   Link #112
Royalknightftw

Quote:

If you think about it, each girl has recurring theme with one another or more

1. Both Rias and Ross are the only girls who have other male characters who want to, well ,have a relationship with them (Riser and Euclid). I wouldn't count Vidar since his agenda to marry ross remains to be seen.
2. Both Akeno and Koneko have the same problem which is, strained family relationships. I would put Irina in this category but she doesn't have any issues with her father, yet Issei had to save her father first in order to deepen his relationship with her, so it's kinda similar with Akeno
3. Both Ravel and Elmenhilde have "pride cometh before fall"kind of setting. At first Ravel thought that her brother was unbeatable, just like Elmen thought the vampires was more superior than other races.
4. Both Asia and Xenovia were born as an orphan, unlike Koneko and kuroka, they(asia and xenovia) simply have no "family history" and they were also raised by church and had no basic understanding how the outside world works(at first). The only difference between them is Asia had to be saved a lot while Xenovia is one of few characters who is immune of "damsel in distress " setting.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 18:27   Link #113
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, you're right. That's true.

But what setting would Kuroka fall into, then?

And yeah, I do want to know why Vidar chose Rose when he was told that he has to choose someone to marry.
Old 2018-02-28, 19:03   Link #114
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. That's true.

But what setting would Kuroka fall into, then?

And yeah, I do want to know why Vidar chose Rose when he was told that he has to choose someone to marry.
I would say under "family problem " category just like Koneko, although she is quite unique. Unlike her sister, Kuroka doesn't fall into "damsel in distress " category and she is also similar to Asia in a way, since Issei gives them home to go to.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 19:39   Link #115
B214

Quote:
Are you going to say that Vidar being told by the people in the Norse world that he needs to choose a wife is my own head canon now? Because I could've sworn that's what led to this. Vidar said he'd marry Rose, and Gondul accepted under the condition that he defeat Ise.
No I don't recall that Gondul set any terns about Vidar needing to beat Ise. You can check with n0m@n since I haven't read the volume yet.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 20:58   Link #116
Lucidrago

Rias can be considered a 'damsel in distress' when Issei had to defeat Riser to break off their engagement. Asia has only been kidnapped and rescued like two times. People act like she's Princess Peach. Or worse like Eren Yeager.

And there's nothing wrong with pride. Pride that blinds you is a problem.

And Euclid wanted to make Rossweisse his new sister because of his sister complex and how Rossweisse looked very similar to Grayfia. He wasn't courting her.

Well Asia and Xenovia were abandoned by the Church after giving everything to God and found new meaning in their lives upon being reincarnated as devils. And yet they held on to their faith in God while embracing their new lives. Largely through Issei.

I was merely saying that the fake Phenex Tears plot didn't make any sense at all. Ishibumi just needed something to make Ravel relevant.

At least with Volume 26, he can have Issei have his match against Ruval Phenex since it's most likely going to be Ravel's volume.
Old 2018-02-28, 21:19   Link #117
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

For Ravel's volume, I hope we finally learn the name of the last Phenex child and possibly the names of her parents.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 22:30   Link #118
Lucidrago

Unless it's important to the plot or Ishibumi feels like it, their names might remain unknown.
Old 2018-02-28, 22:36   Link #119
godz

we must remember that volume 20, which was very familiar, did not tell us anything about the names of Issei's father
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 22:43   Link #120
Raptor178

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDarkness406 View Post
Volume 25 Cover.

https://imgur.com/a/jwyj9
It's too beautiful... I can't go on. I NEED A HIGHER RES IMAGE!!!!

Anyway, so this image really supports the idea that Rose's and Vidar's wedding ceremony will be interrupted. Every time someone is on the cover, they will be wearing that in the volume at least once.
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote