AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-03, 04:20   Link #1061
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz View Post
Who has more demonic power? Rias or Vali?
Vali no doubt.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 04:23   Link #1062
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
Vali no doubt.
Yeah no doubt. I realised how dumb I was after I wrote that question. Oh well, what's done is done.
Old 2018-04-03, 06:36   Link #1063
Blazor 98

I dunno. It really depends. Rias was stated have more demonic power than the average high class devil from the start and Vali is a Lucifer so obviously his demonic power is ridiculous.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 08:34   Link #1064
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They are both far above average. Azazel also said that Rias can become a top-class (read: Ultimate-class) Devil even if she doesn't train.
Old 2018-04-03, 09:25   Link #1065
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
They are both far above average. Azazel also said that Rias can become a top-class (read: Ultimate-class) Devil even if she doesn't train.
Azazel was just describing Rias talent. The same can be said about Vali.

Blazor 98@ There's no question Vali has more demonic power than Rias. The guy was able to survive Samael curse and could handle Juggernaut Drive because of his massive amount of demonic power he is.
Old 2018-04-03, 09:39   Link #1066
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I know it's about talent. That's the point. Rias and Vali enormous talent and potential.
Old 2018-04-03, 10:26   Link #1067
Lord Kai

Quote:
I know it's about talent. That's the point. Rias and Vali enormous talent and potential.
But the question is who has more demonic power between them? Going by feats Vali has more demonic power than Rias.
Old 2018-04-03, 10:44   Link #1068
Jedsada

Ok guys, let go back to topics relating with Vol.25. According to the spoiler, Indra gave something called "the amrita" for Issei to drink. Does "the amrita" has any other effects beside Chichigami stuff and being poisonous?
Jedsada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 10:47   Link #1069
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedsada View Post
Ok guys, let go back to topics relating with Vol.25. According to the spoiler, Indra gave something called "the amrita" for Issei to drink. Does "the amrita" has any other effects beside Chichigami stuff and being poisonous?
It help increase Issei's time duration for Psuedo DxD and also allows Issei to summon Ddraig.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 11:14   Link #1070
EternalDragonGod Ise

Its the Drink of Gods.
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 11:20   Link #1071
Jedsada

Funny that, I google about "The Amrita" and I found Japan's naked restaurant named "The Amrita" instead. The only possibly useful info is that "Amrita" is sanskrit for "nectar of immortality" (still wonder how it work. Talking with Chichigami, being poisonous or summoning Ddraig are also unrelated with the immortality).

Last edited by Jedsada; 2018-04-03 at 11:27. Reason: editing
Old 2018-04-03, 11:21   Link #1072
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's also the Elixir of Immortality, but what Ise drank was a weakened version so it won't really make him immortal. It does almost kill him, but Cao Cao also said that Ise woke up earlier than expected. And it also says that it affected Ddraig too much. That's why he can come out. And Indra said it's to help Ise get to the next stage (I'm assuming this is about his body's powers).

Edit: One post late.
@Jedsada: You know you aren't supposed to put the "The" in there? Just Google "Amrita". Also, please keep in mind that Ishibumi doesn't really have to follow the myths to a T and he also said he isn't planning to since DxD is his own take on the known myths as he's already said in an Afterword.
Old 2018-04-03, 11:45   Link #1073
Jedsada

@EternalDragonGod Ise, @Blazor 98: thanks for infos.

@DragonOsman: ah, it appears that I included 'the" by accident. thanks for reminding me.
Old 2018-04-03, 12:52   Link #1074
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

What do you guys would think would happen if Issei drank Greek Nectar &/or ate the Golden Apples of Idunn from the Norse mythology.

I wonder if Vali could get a power up that is tied to the Norse mythlogy.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 14:09   Link #1075
syzorst
syzorst

While Issei is not a God but he does have the power of Infinity flowing through his body so that might be the cause of how he survived. Vali is Vidar's adopted brother so Vali might actually receive a power up from Norse mythology that helps him improve his DxD L so he don't have to keep paying his life force to use it.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 14:25   Link #1076
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

We don't know what he meant by his lifeforce being shaved off. Maybe just obtaining his DxD L caused him him to lose a couple years of his lifespan. Maybe Kuroka can treat it with senjutsu like how Koneko treat Issei with senjutsu after Juggernaut Drive.

Maybe Vali's DxD L get enhanced with Norse Runes or alchemy with increases it magical potential. Vali is stated to be an archmage in the future.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 16:52   Link #1077
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@syzorst: If you're talking about Cao Cao's surprise, that was only about Ise waking up so soon and not necessarily about him surviving at all. Indra and Cao Cao already expected him to survive, or else they wouldn't have made him drink that stuff. Though you're probably right about the power of infinity playing a part in why he survived.

I'll say this here, too, since it was mentioned in the High School D×D Universe Discord by Bennia Lover and someone who's read Volume 25:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover
Hades and his conspirators work behind the Azazel Cup in order to become the "guardians of the world"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku Phantom (one of the people who've read the book)
That is the point behind his war, he, the devils, and the Gods of Hell will kill Ise and protect the world from the UL
What do you guys think about this?
Old 2018-04-03, 17:24   Link #1078
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
@syzorst: If you're talking about Cao Cao's surprise, that was only about Ise waking up so soon and not necessarily about him surviving at all. Indra and Cao Cao already expected him to survive, or else they wouldn't have made him drink that stuff. Though you're probably right about the power of infinity playing a part in why he survived.

I'll say this here, too, since it was mentioned in the High School D×D Universe Discord by Bennia Lover and someone who's read Volume 25:

What do you guys think about this?
Why do they see Issei as a threat?
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 18:19   Link #1079
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's because he's the one responsible for all of the irregularities and miracles that have been happening recently, and the reason Rizevim was able to contact Melvazoa's side in the ExE world is also because of his contact with Chichigami. Hades believes he can save the world from further irregularities and the UL by killing Ise.

Ajuka is also afraid of letting Ise interact with Kanzaki since he can use Innovate Clear and Telos Karma (they aren't his originally, but he has terminals that let him use them), since it's true that there could be more irregularities if Ise met another Longinus possessor, but he thinks it'll be more dangerous to let Kanzaki ally himself with Hades so he asked him to help Ise.
Old 2018-04-03, 18:23   Link #1080
godz

hades has a point, issei is the guy who started without knowing anything and a year became a high class demon and defeated a god, two descendants of maou and as icing on the cake defeated a top10 (apophis)
Anyone with that record is considered a common sense threat.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote