3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.95%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-12, 00:36   Link #81
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I had a similar reaction. Rin has an agenda, and she hasn't pretended otherwise. Who knows what she can do with that thing? Probably a lot.

On the other hand, she may not have been entirely frank, but she did tell Shirou about her meeting with Shinji. Shirou said nothing about his meeting with Ilya to Rin (or Saber!). And probably for good reason. Imagine that conversation: "That's funny about you and Shinji, Rin. Coincidently, I met with Ilya this afternoon. We chatted and snuggled for a bit, shared some sweets, and then she ran home to feed her pet monster. She's really cute!"
I would have liked to have seen her response to that.
Old 2006-03-12, 03:22   Link #82
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

While we can only guess at what Rin's reaction would be I think I can acurately guess what someone from another anime would say about that scene...

Spoiler for <too lazy to come up with a heading>:
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 03:49   Link #83
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I may be alone here, but I interpreted the scene with Shirou and Ilya as a seduction. I think she seduced both Shirou and a whole lot of viewers. I don't pretend to have a complete grip on her motivations beyond the contest, but she seems amazingly crafty. I'm also amazed by the people who dismiss her merely as a stereotypical loli. Sure, she's pushing all the loli buttons, but I suspect she's more of a...
Spoiler for speculation about Ilya:
I hope I made sense there. I just finished the subtitled episode, and I'm doing the Internet version of thinking outloud.
Not alone there, I was thiking that a great deal of the time. Only in one scene where Ilya looked a little sad I thought she might of cared a little...

Well I think Ilya finished what she set out to do with Shirou, which was playing Shirou like a fool, trying to find out more about him and trying to get Shirou to relate to her and mabye care a little about her so he might even have hesitation, when next time fighting against her. Ilya to me didn't seem to of been seroius at all, (except mabye one scene) she really did have Shirou wrapped around her little finger.

Will be interesting to see what there next encounter will be like, they could! play Ilya character either evil or more of a good guy (but still having different intentions) next time, mabye she will even try to get under Rin and the rest of the gang from Shirou and exploit them... hmm...

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-03-12 at 04:00.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 04:23   Link #84
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

It would have been nice if Rin off'd Shinji at school. Why didn't they fight each other?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 05:36   Link #85
Knavinusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
While we can only guess at what Rin's reaction would be I think I can acurately guess what someone from another anime would say about that scene...

Spoiler for <too lazy to come up with a heading>:
That wins.

It's difficult to tell at this point if Ilya is planning to get close to Shirou just to make it easier to strike him and Rin down when they least expect it. She doesn't seem to be feigning her emotions. Then again, I could be completely wrong. >_>
Knavinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 05:50   Link #86
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

8/10

Elevate enjoyment but no story development once again. Apparently saving the goods for next episode. Wonderful character design as well as nicely done characters' interactions and voice acting. Overall cuteness and calm pace grant a +1.
Old 2006-03-12, 08:26   Link #87
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon
It would have been nice if Rin off'd Shinji at school. Why didn't they fight each other?
Probly because there are still people at school, if she attacked Shinji Rider will come out and she would have no choice except to counter with Archer. I doubt that their fight would and can be confined to that small rooftop.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 09:35   Link #88
Tabris

I'll post something later when I've seen the full episode.

But Ilya. How cute is she, especially when she was trying to say Shirou's name.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 09:39   Link #89
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Spoiler:

Nah, I don't think so. If the writer respected the intregity of the story, she should remain where she should be. Plus, judging from the ep 11-14 preview, ep 15 should be pretty revealing. Personally, I would find Rin and Ilya to be dangerous. At Shinji is more and less confirmed enemy, but these 2 females is too dangerous. Keep eye on your enemy, but keep your eye on your friends closer.

Saber is very straightforward and earnest in her desire. Just like Shirou. I do wonder if her previous Master is as straight laced as her, as I recall which is not. Her previous Master, a master of gun kata sorcery, is not really that honourable.
Old 2006-03-12, 10:21   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The look on Rin's face as she turned around to face Shinji.. it really does make you think. >_>

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-03-12 at 15:44.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 10:39   Link #91
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon
Well, maybe Archer was still injured , so Rin didn't want to start the fight ,but Shinji , who most probably is afraid of confronting a stronger master (such as Tohsaka) in an even battle , didn't know that . That's just my guess.
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 11:46   Link #92
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knavinusa
That wins.

It's difficult to tell at this point if Ilya is planning to get close to Shirou just to make it easier to strike him and Rin down when they least expect it. She doesn't seem to be feigning her emotions. Then again, I could be completely wrong. >_>
I have a certain manga section that is VERY spoilerific about a certain character's identity and how it relates to this scene(even though it doesn't mention this scene it does have connections...) If that made sense at all. Yes this encounter does have ramifications in many ways.
Old 2006-03-12, 12:01   Link #93
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

7/10, nothing really happened, but interaction between shirou, and ilya. Plus point for fanservice for Saber.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 13:19   Link #94
TheDisruptiveOne

It's hard to say what Ilya's motivation was for this meeting with Shirou. I think there definitely is a possibility that she simply wanted to plant a seed of doubt in his mind for future conflicts between them. I also think there is a possibility that she will do what she has to do to win the war, but she believes there is a time and place for everything and just because Shirou is her opponent is no reason the 2 of them can't be civil towards one another. Someone suggested she was trying to find out more about Shirou, I definitely don't think this was her motivation. All she learned about Shirou was his name. She talked more about herself than anything else. Shirou even asked her, "You want to ask about Saber?" She said no. Asking about Saber would have definitely been more advantageous than talking about how white her hair was and how much she dislikes the cold weather. I might be a little bit biased because I am an Ilya fan, but that is my interpretation of their meeting.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 13:24   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Before i seen the episode, i had the idea of 'Ilya just wants to get in Shirou's good books, 'cause we all know he wouldn't harm a lady.. or even worse a girl like Ilya.' But after seeing the episode, i believe that Ilya's feelings where in place, and she just wanted to chat with him.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-12, 14:11   Link #96
Boukenxha

I don't know how many agrees with me, but I thought the case for Rin's hidden agenda or ill intents would be thrown out of the window once we look at how the alliance is working. IMO it was the perfect excuse for Rin to convince herself that she hasn't abandon her family duty and in turn she get more opportunities to satiate her own whatever interest in Shirou. Judging from her recent conduct, we see she's got a good chemistry with Shirou going and she apparently enjoys hanging out with him and making fun of him. Well, no scheming eyes and no wicked smiles were flashed when Shirou's back is turned either, so I find it hard to believe Rin would mean any harm to him right now. In fact, I think any thought for a would-be confrontation with Shirou is buried at the back of her mind or at least she relishes pushing it till a later date.

As for Ilya, she's too much an enigma for me to speculate now, but her expressions at the park looks genuine to me though.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 14:34   Link #97
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
I can see why Shiro talked with Ilya after a while but he seemed to damn at ease with her at the end, He's peronality wouldn't allow him just to ignore her but would you normally share food with a person that almost sliced you in two. (I know its Berserker that did the slicing but Ilya order it so...)

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 14:39   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Berserker sleeping.. now thats a funny image. I like how probably only Ilya could hear him waking up.. though it would be a lil' funny if the whole town could hear. >_>
Old 2006-03-12, 15:38   Link #99
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu
I don't know how many agrees with me, but I thought the case for Rin's hidden agenda or ill intents would be thrown out of the window once we look at how the alliance is working. IMO it was the perfect excuse for Rin to convince herself that she hasn't abandon her family duty and in turn she get more opportunities to satiate her own whatever interest in Shirou. Judging from her recent conduct, we see she's got a good chemistry with Shirou going and she apparently enjoys hanging out with him and making fun of him. Well, no scheming eyes and no wicked smiles were flashed when Shirou's back is turned either, so I find it hard to believe Rin would mean any harm to him right now. In fact, I think any thought for a would-be confrontation with Shirou is buried at the back of her mind or at least she relishes pushing it till a later date.
I support what you said, remember ep.2 where
Spoiler:
So something must be going on with Rin that we don't know yet.
ZeRoGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 16:32   Link #100
justinstrife

She's more of an open book then most of you think. Rin really does have feelings for Shirou, and has alot of his best interest at heart.