AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-05, 11:00   Link #21
grecefar

It was funny that after saving seren now belgrive is making a family on the side now without angeline knowing, imagine when she finds out.

I hope by the title of the next chapter she manage to get home, I won't like it if this keeps going until the final chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 12:17   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That village is going to become a huge tourist spot if Ange keeps spreading legends of her father . Though maybe that's the ticket for her getting to go back home? Attention keeps building on that village and something happens that requires her to go back to deal with it.

Ange really will be left befuddled if that one sister manages to score her objective . All the more so with the middle sister already treating Belgrieve as her mentor!

Honestly Bel really underestimates himself. Obviously it made sense to retire when he did. Especially after finding Ange. But he's more than adapted to that leg and he's a crazy imposing figure with the rest of him that's still there. Ange isn't wrong to be hyping up her father wherever she goes. He warrants it.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2023-10-05 at 12:33.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 14:41   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I have complaints. Didn't like how some things were done in this episode

Spoiler for rant comparing to manga:

At least, going by the title of next episode, Ange might make it home this time(well maybe, if it isn't another cop-out ).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 15:41   Link #24
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Oh shit are father and daughter finally reuniting?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-12, 10:26   Link #25
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I'm guessing this is the conclusion of LN vol 1, though I was kind of expecting the reunion to drag at least another episode. Still not sure how I feel about the series as a whole though... its sweet but also kind of boring. There's not much else on Thursday though so I'll probably stick with it for now.
Old 2023-10-12, 12:03   Link #26
grecefar

that was a bizarre and scary creature that ange faced. I knew it wasn't a demon king but still it was scary.

finally she is back home and for the looks of it she will stay at least a chapter. I'm glad it wasn't dragged until the last chapter.
Old 2023-10-12, 14:17   Link #27
magnuskn

Yeah, phew. In general, good show, but the "she can't ever get to her father thing" was annoying, fast. Good that they dispensed with it. At least for now.
Old 2023-10-12, 17:07   Link #28
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I knew it wasn't a demon king but still it was scary.
I'm pretty sure that's how a demon king looks like in this story. In one of the previous episodes they said demon kings are homunculus created by a mage called Solomon if I remember correctly. And this thing looked just like that.
Old 2023-10-12, 22:10   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Good for her. Nice that she finally got to visit her dad.

Odds seem strong that she's the reincarnation of a demon lord or something. That thing did have a weird reaction to her before she finished it off after all.

Regardless, this was fun.
Old 2023-10-19, 11:44   Link #30
magnuskn

Oh, the mage is a catgirl. Well, that makes her instantly more interesting to me. Anyway, good for Ange to finally return home and get some quality time with her dad.
Old 2023-10-19, 15:38   Link #31
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ugh... this is not doing it for me. The minor details being skipped/moved around and quality of animation is making me quite disappointed in this series. I'll probably peek back in this thread, but with exception of seeing the last ep or something, I'm out.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-19, 19:00   Link #32
grecefar

it was a cute chapter but it's sad that belgrive doesn't believe in himself. His career was cut short before he managed to do something amazing.

I do understand why he doesn't want rumors to spread since it will create misunderstandings like with the bordeoux that we will see in the next chapter.

I wonder if belgrive will go with them?
Old 2023-10-19, 21:17   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I feel a bit mixed on this one. It does make me think that Belgrieve should have more faith in himself. Even with the loss of his leg he's still extremely strong. If he honestly wanted to, there's no reason he couldn't be an active adventurer. Would just have to be careful for missions/environments where his balance would be problematic. He's not as weak as he thinks he is.

Though I feel like his opinions are valid. Problematic to have her spreading hype and drawing too much attention to a small village. And honestly I'm not sure how serious or powerful Ange is while fighting her father, though I can't believe that's her best. Feels more like she's exceptionally sloppy when fighting her father since she can't take it seriously and is living in the past when he was absolutely leagues ahead of her. Subconsciously pulling her punches so not to shatter the ideal image she has of him.

The hardliner approach is important here. I can understand him being scared for her future since she hasn't shown any S-rank ability to him. While it's cute to have Ange cheerfully talking about her father or working hard so she can visit him....it's a bit concerning seeing her devolve to a toddler when actually seeing him. Goes beyond cute to worrying there is something wrong with her. What's endearing as a 10 year old is a bit less so from a 17 year old.

And honestly there might be something wrong with Ange. He did find her off in the woods in the first place and there was that weird connection with the "demon lord".
Old 2023-10-20, 04:27   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Comfy ep, it's nice that Ange has good adventuring pals for the time she was away. Now she's momentarily back with dad after over half a decade and she refuses to grow up, which is to be expected.
Old 2023-10-26, 21:28   Link #35
grecefar

it's nice to see belgrive traveling with his daughter. I was suprised that ange it's open mind with him having a wife.
Old 2023-10-26, 21:38   Link #36
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I kinda want to like this series more than I do, but its quickly approaching drop territory. Not sure if I'll last another episode at this point.
Old 2023-10-26, 21:59   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This Ash guy is a bit rude, but I do kind of like that he's not instantly "oh my god, the Red Ogre" like literally everyone else in the show. Of course with him set to spar with Belgrieve he's bound to lose, but I kind of like having someone in the show that isn't instantly psyching themselves out and losing to someone that doesn't even think they are that good.

But yeah, the show is kind of losing steam. The more time Ange spends with her father the less cool she becomes. She was at her peak struggling to get to her father and getting caught up in crazy scenarios in the process.

I'm sure an attack on the manor will help spice things up a bit, but how much remains to be seen.
Old 2023-11-02, 15:21   Link #38
zztop

S-Rank Daughter will only be 13 episodes long, to be released in 1 Blu-ray box next year February.
https://s-rank-musume.com/blu-ray/box/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-02, 16:22   Link #39
magnuskn

Sadly it is so far only pretty middle of the pack overall. Not bad, but not really good, either. I had hoped for more from this one.
Old 2023-11-02, 18:49   Link #40
grecefar

you don't have to be smart just to see how bad the acting and the timing was, it was so obvious.

I hope it just end quickly in the next chapter.