AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 10:13   Link #21
Im Otaku
Siscon 愛

It'd have to be koneko toujou, I love the hate she shows towards Issei. My favorite scene with her is when Issei used his new special ability to remove clothes with the snap of his fingers and she absolutely hated him for it. I like how they made her the one girl that wouldn't ever want to be touched by him.
Im Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:34   Link #22
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
And these days that's exactly what she wants. But he won't as she couldn't handle the far future results physically.
Old 2014-04-12, 22:40   Link #23
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Otaku View Post
It'd have to be koneko toujou, I love the hate she shows towards Issei. My favorite scene with her is when Issei used his new special ability to remove clothes with the snap of his fingers and she absolutely hated him for it. I like how they made her the one girl that wouldn't ever want to be touched by him.
I take it you aren't a novel reader.

Koneko is as of writing the most aggressive of the girls towards Ise. And she proposed to him, right in front of Rias and the others.
Old 2014-04-12, 22:53   Link #24
jopjopjop

And she directly proposed to be his bride. Unlike the others where they said it ambiguously like "We'll be together forever" (Asia) or "I'll be your manager forever" (Ravel).
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:16   Link #25
teejmo

Not to mention she is actively trying to make her chest bigger so that Ise can't say no, and she was so proud when she was able to show her future self to him. That was one of the most adorable scenes I can think of.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 15:05   Link #26
DocBernax2814

Other great moment was when the gang try to bring back Issei from the collapsing dimension using the dragon gate and only the evil pieces appear.

That has to be the lowest point of the story. It's heartbreaking.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 10:05   Link #27
itisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Other great moment was when the gang try to bring back Issei from the collapsing dimension using the dragon gate and only the evil pieces appear.

That has to be the lowest point of the story. It's heartbreaking.
Issei is all like "I'm dying here, but screw that, now that I understand her I want to make friends"

Now, assuming the Anime continues at 2 volumes per season, and skipping volume 8, this scene would be the final scene of season 5. Everyone will flip their sh!t over in the anime threads.

Ddraig and Ophis talk about Issei > end credits > summoning scene > fade to black...
itisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 10:34   Link #28
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

^That's exactly how I predict season 5's final scene will go. Placing the ending credits before the summoning scene would make it even better, so it doesn't end on a cheerful note like the end of the Rating Game against Raiser (oh how wrong it sounds to not want it to sound cheerful...). Of course, with a season 6 announcement at the very end so the anime-only fans won't rage as hard. As for volume 8, they'd need to add the Rias & Ise engagement short story, but skip the rest.

Oh, and on a different topic... Koneko's first senjutsu/ki treatment session with Ise in volume 7 was such an adorable scene.
Old 2014-04-14, 10:57   Link #29
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisp View Post
Issei is all like "I'm dying here, but screw that, now that I understand her I want to make friends"

Now, assuming the Anime continues at 2 volumes per season, and skipping volume 8, this scene would be the final scene of season 5. Everyone will flip their sh!t over in the anime threads.

Ddraig and Ophis talk about Issei > end credits > summoning scene > fade to black...
Hahaha, you think we'll get that far?
Old 2014-04-14, 12:00   Link #30
aw454wtr

Quote:

Just imagine how novel readers felt before vol 12 was released, cliffhangers can induce a lot of fan rage
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 12:33   Link #31
jopjopjop

Vol.11 did had a lot of reactions from the fans. Others even thought that Issei dying is just someone trolling.

Especially since, I think (not sure), at that time it's a long way before Vol. 11 will be translated.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 12:41   Link #32
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Vol.11 did had a lot of reactions from the fans. Others even thought that Issei dying is just someone trolling.

Especially since, I think (not sure), at that time it's a long way before Vol. 11 will be translated.
Yeah, there was a hella lot of drama in the thread when Issei kicked the bucket. And then n0m@n did us the wonderful service of translating his death scene before anything else in the novel. Trololololol.

*cries in the corner*
Old 2014-04-14, 18:07   Link #33
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Yeah, there was a hella lot of drama in the thread when Issei kicked the bucket. And then n0m@n did us the wonderful service of translating his death scene before anything else in the novel. Trololololol.

*cries in the corner*
On the other side of the coin is, of course, Issei triumphant return as a "son" of Great Red and Ophis to ingeniously defeat Cao Cao.

Now that's drama. (I cried in the part were Issei see the dreams of the children of the underworld while in the dimensional gap)
Old 2014-04-15, 15:13   Link #34
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

I doubt they can put volume 5 AND 6 in 12 episodes, unless they make a couple of 20+ episode seasons it'll take a while before we see that scene.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 15:36   Link #35
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I doubt they can put volume 5 AND 6 in 12 episodes, unless they make a couple of 20+ episode seasons it'll take a while before we see that scene.
Did they left anything out in the previous seasons?

If not, then I agree that they have to make the next seasons longer. (If there are going to be next seasons)
Old 2014-04-15, 17:06   Link #36
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Well, volume 4 was rushed in season 2, but aside from that nothing was really left out (and what was left out was added in the Blu-Rays). Starting with season 3 every season will need to be at least 24 episodes to handle all the content properly.
Old 2014-04-15, 20:01   Link #37
G147

TNK doesn't do 2-cour the longest they've done are 13 episodes. ( ._.)
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 20:31   Link #38
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
. . . . . anyway

Another great moment was the battle against Loki and the realization that there are gods in other dimensions (I really wish I could see how mjolnir looked)
Old 2014-04-15, 23:54   Link #39
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Then perhaps TNK should do only one volume per season if they can't handle 2 cour seasons. Granted, the progression through the volumes would be slower, but it will ensure all bases are covered before the climax.
Old 2014-04-16, 01:13   Link #40
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Hardly any studio's do 20+ eps, seems 10-13 eps seem to be the norm for anime based on light novels nowdays
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote