AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 18:43   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

High School DxD Light Novel - Favourite Character/Plot Moments

This is a thread to discuss Favourite Character/Plot Moments in the High School DxD Light Novel.

Any particularly memorable moments or scenes that you really like, whether it's related to the plot or the characters in High School DxD? Post them here! Please don't type out or copy/paste the entire script of a scene or episode; just summarize it and post the key line(s) if needed. Also remember that high-res illustrations can't be posted; only post a small image if it's absolutely necessary to illustrate your point. If a scene is NSFW, please ensure to use our [ nsfw ] tag.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or source illustrations
  • No posting translations of the source itself
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.
Old 2014-04-02, 19:13   Link #2
Tbolt

Favourite Character hmmmmm for me has to be Ddraig, and favorite plot moment when Ddraig tells Ise
Quote:
Even in this state, your basic physical abilities have improved a bit from before. ……Well you were originally crap to begin with, so it only improved that much……
I’m sorry for originally being crap! I was just an ordinary high school boy!
But can you really have a favorite plot moment there are soooooo many that I love.
Old 2014-04-02, 23:32   Link #3
jopjopjop

Ddraig, I choose you! For my fave moment. It's when he first communicated with Issei in Volume 2.
Quote:
[You will know soon enough. Get stronger for that coming day. I will give you my power any time you want. However, keep it in your mind that it will come with a sacrifice of something great. I will give you something that is worth the sacrifice. You can show it to those who laughed at you. The existence of a “Dragon” that is.]
And oh, how can I forget, the moment I think everyone will agree as the most badass moment in DxD

Quote:
[Rias Gremory, leave this place at once. If you don't want to die, then it would be better to leave here immediately.]
Ddraig's voice. He emitted a sound, so even we can hear him. Leave? What does he mean? Buchou also put on a puzzled face like me. Ddraig then directed his voice to Shalba.
[The devil over there. Shalba was your name, right?]
Ise-kun pushes Buchou away, and stands up.
[-You…]
Ise-kun heads towards Shalba, while walking like a ghoul. When he went underneath Shalba, Ddraig's voice comes out from Ise-kun's mouth! His sound doesn't have a slight emotion that it gives chills to my body.
[Made the wrong choice.]

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2014-04-02 at 23:55.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 23:49   Link #4
II Maestro

My favorite character is definitely Ddraig from a prideful Heavenly Dragon to Chichiryuutei Oppai Dragon. Favorite moment is vol.9 when Ddraig cried.

Quote:
Are you ready, Ddraig?

[ Ooooooh! Oooaaaaaaah! Oooooooh! ]

Ddraig began to sob loudly. There was nothing left to do but cry.
Old 2014-04-03, 00:20   Link #5
lived_1714

Quote:
[I, who is about to awaken…]
<It started.> <Looks like it will start.>
[Am the Heavenly dragon that has stolen the principles of domination from God….]
<It was always like that, no matter what.> <That's not right; it was like that every time.>
[I laugh at the “infinite”, and I grieve at the “dream”….]
<The one the World seeks….> <The one the World rejects....>
[I shall become the Red Dragon of Domination…]
<It was always power.> <It was always love.>

<<You guys choose destruction no matter how many times!>>
Ise-kun's armour starts to change…. It became more sharp, and it grew large wings. From both hands and feet, claw-like things appeared. On the helm, many horn-like things appeared.
-That appearance is a dragon itself.
And then, from all the jewels in its body, a mixed scream like voice of the old, the young, man, and woman is emitted!
“ “ “ “ “ “ “ And I shall sink you to the depths of crimson purgatory!” ” ” ” ” ” ”

[Juggernaut Drive!!!!!!!!!!]
This is my favorite part, the chant itself contains so many feeling. Love is so powerful that it makes you into a monster of hatred.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:27   Link #6
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

there's just too many good moments in this i could fill up dozens of pages but here's 2 i liked.

Volume 12 life 1
after issei returns from the dimensional gap.

Quote:
“……I’m glad you're back.”

I can feel her warmth from her hand. Aaah, this is it. This is the warmth of the woman I fell in love with. …….I’m glad my body has returned. Not touching the body of a woman is absolutely a no no! More than that, Rias’s oppai have returned to their normal size! I was worried because they shrank as a result of the bust-power that is able to heal my aura. I’m so glad! I really feel relieved!

“Of course. The place where I belong is next to you and my comrades.”
Volume 12 New Life
rias reminds issei of his promise wich just made me awww and then laugh as everyone voiced their wanting a date as well.
(didn't copy paste the whole thing since that would've taken too much space)
Quote:
“By the way Ise. Do you remember what you promised me before the test? That’s the last thing that I need to take care off.”

-! Rias’s cheeks are a bit red. Yeah, I remember that promise very well.

“Rias, lets go on a date next weekend.”

She shows a big smile to my words.

“Yes, I will be looking forward to it my lovely Ise.”
Old 2014-04-03, 00:38   Link #7
teejmo

My favorite's the Juggernaut Drive, berserk Ise just busting the crap out of someone who "killed" Asia for no reason, and not even caring what the other guy does. The only other time Ise comes even remotely close to being this badass is when he has the rematch against Shalba. Though I wonder if he maybe gets close when he faces Euclid in volume 17.

As for favorite funny moment - Goristie. The Yukionna tennis match was gold.
The Maou Power Rangers was also hilarious. I didn't realize Rias could be that dumb.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 00:40   Link #8
jopjopjop

Oh. If we're talking about funny moments. Asia healing Issei's head and Ddraig in Volume 7 when they talked about a certain "seirei" is very funny
Old 2014-04-03, 00:41   Link #9
Poodicus
The One and Only

My favorite two moments are right here:

Volume 7, Life 4:
Quote:
“O..Old-man!”

Old-man Tannin who is in the middle of fighting Loki! I thought I should ask the former Dragon-king at a time like this!

“What! Did something happen again!? Is it another breast!?”

During his battle, he gives the time to look at my direction after hearing my panicked voice.

“Which mythology God does Chichigami-sama come from!?”

It seems like the old-man can’t close his opened jaws at my question.

I don’t know why, but when I looked around, both enemy and ally stopped their battle and looked at me.

After a pause, old-man shouts towards Buchou!

“…………! Rias-ojouuuuuuuu! Can you heal that guys heaaaaaad!? It’s criticaaaaaal!”
and

Volume 12, Life 1
When issei comes back from the dead and the group doesn't recognize him at first, at least, not until he yells out "Umm, Oppai! I have returned while riding on Great-Red!"
Poodicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:41   Link #10
Chichiryuushintei

Volume 7 was the most hilarious shit I ever read, seriously, when it gets animated I will probably die from laughter.
There're too many badass moments to compare, especially because Issei is the only character in any anime that can sounds awesome and badass while talking about the wonderfulness of Oppai.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:54   Link #11
jopjopjop

Spoiler for Volume 17:
Old 2014-04-05, 23:58   Link #12
itisp

This is hard, because when I thought about my favourite moments there was simply too many.

So to do things differently, I will list moments I can't wait to see animated next season.

So assuming next season only covers Volumes 5 & 6, plus perhaps some of Volume 8 & 13 in the form of OVA's.
  • Junior Asia and Rias from the "Hell Teacher Azazel" chapter from Volume 8 - my prediction for an OVA between seasons 2 & 3.
  • Ravel asking Issei to tea
  • Facing off against Kuroka
  • Issei V Saji
  • Akeno getting angry after Issei's retirement
  • Koneko claiming Issei's lap
  • Xenovia, Asia and Issei in the gymnasium storage room
  • Asia slapping Diodora across the face
  • Issei tasting Ravel's cake
  • Xenovia shouting "Give me the power to save my friend!"
  • Akeno powering up after being promised a date
  • Juggernaut Drive
  • Ophis pointing her finger-gun at Big Red
  • Asia and Issei behind the gym
  • The entire "A Tokusatsu Devil" chapter from Volume 13 - OVA after season 3

Last edited by itisp; 2014-04-11 at 06:16. Reason: More Xenovia love
itisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 02:35   Link #13
aw454wtr

Hoping that these scenes get animated someday

Vol 15 Ophis with rasse in her head sitting on fafnir - how cute is that
SS hell teacher azazel where Ise is fighting off the "matsusaka beefs"
SS 300 Ise, using all the "great fallen angel technology" to capture Ise clones
Vol 15 SS the curch trio going to akihabara
The entire SS of Ise helping Kiyome Abe to break off her engagement, esp the mermaid
The SS That Ise takes Raiser to train in the mountains
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 02:33   Link #14
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Vol. 16

Balor Gasper Moments:
Quote:
  • 《Fufufu......fufufufufufufufufufufufu......rubbish ......this is too ridiculous......》
  • 《Show me the power of the so-called superior beings all of you are speaking about—》
  • 《—Do it, eat them.》
  • 《—You are the only one I can’t allow to have even a fraction of your body left in this world. Have your soul devoured as well and die.》
  • 《All of you from the Occult Research Club, I am an existence that will taint everything in darkness. However, I promise that I won’t hurt all of you at all cost. I did watch over all of you through my other self.》
Normal Gasper Moment:
Quote:
  • “I will become stronger than anyone and take the Holy Grail back......I will definitely save Valerie......and I want to start everything with Valerie from the beginning...... I will definitely save Valerie......I definitely will......!” “I will save Valerie!”
Old 2014-04-09, 00:15   Link #15
DocBernax2814

Spoiler for Vali Aim:

The first appearance of Great Red!!!!
(That's the moment I say "this is going to be awesome!!)

Also the battle with Jabberwocky and the first use of Longinus Smasher.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 00:27   Link #16
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Spoiler for Vali Aim:

The first appearance of Great Red!!!!
(That's the moment I say "this is going to be awesome!!)

Also the battle with Jabberwocky and the first use of Longinus Smasher.
When you say first, do you mean when he is in Juggernaut Drive? Or, as you were mentioning, his Longinus Smasher against the Jabberwocky?
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 03:26   Link #17
jopjopjop

He said "also".
Old 2014-04-09, 11:37   Link #18
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
When you say first, do you mean when he is in Juggernaut Drive? Or, as you were mentioning, his Longinus Smasher against the Jabberwocky?
The first time Issei use it consciously.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 18:59   Link #19
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Volume 7 was hilarious. Juggernaut Drive, specifically the quote jop posted in his first post, is the most badass and spine-chilling moment in DxD to date. Trying to think of my favorite moments, there are way too many to fit in a single post. One line from volume 9 always makes me laugh:

Quote:
"...What the heck was that?"
Cao Cao and his group were stupefied. What happened has exceeded their comprehension! Of course! They wanted to summon Great Red but got Buchou instead!
After witnessing the craziness of Rias' appearance, you can just imagine their faces.

Last edited by Gary29; 2014-04-12 at 11:36.
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:03   Link #20
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I think the one where Ise was about to slaughter Sairaorg's queen for how she gave Akeno a humiliating defeat was pretty awesome.