AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-11, 09:10   Link #321
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Of course if Sakura was commiting domestic violence against Naruto, that would just be "played for laughs".

2 words: double standards.

I can see though why Konohamaru was so angry at Bolt. He saw his embarrassing younger self in him.
Kushina nailed Naruto in the head as well when they met
Old 2014-11-11, 09:20   Link #322
Romanticide

That's the tsundere type, done when a dude is being a dumbass. What Sasuke did was not tsundere.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 09:34   Link #323
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
That's the tsundere type, done when a dude is being a dumbass. What Sasuke did was not tsundere.
So when "it's an archtype" then it's OK. I get it.
Old 2014-11-11, 09:36   Link #324
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

If I were to change things in Naruto, my changes would need to be pretty drastic.

Spoiler for 1st:

Spoiler for 2nd:

Spoiler for 3rd and 4th:

Smaller tidbits:
-Naruto befriends Kurama at the Pain fight when Hinata is thought dead. Achieving the 1st chakra mode there.
-Orochimaru would have stayed dead after the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight.
-Sasuke would be on the opposing side of the war during it's final stages.
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 09:45   Link #325
lordstarkiller

If I could change anything hmm
Spoiler:
lordstarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 10:52   Link #326
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So when "it's an archtype" then it's OK. I get it.
No, you just don't understand. Tsundere's are for comic relief and almost always women. Sasuke acted nothing like a tsundere, he actually tried to hurt and kill people.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 11:01   Link #327
cyberdemon

Quote:
No, you just don't understand. Tsundere's are for comic relief and almost always women. Sasuke acted nothing like a tsundere, he actually tried to hurt and kill people.
abuse is abuse. It doesn't matter if it is for comedy or not. That you would make a distinction is sad
Old 2014-11-11, 11:05   Link #328
Akashin

Quote:
...I thought we were talking about Naruto and Bolt... What does anything Sasuke did have in common with tsundere abuse, and why are we comparing them?

Am I completely missing something here?

Edit: Regardless of who we're talking about, though, let me get your stance on this straight: If a guy is being a dumbass and a girl violently disciplines him for it, that's comic relief and a-okay. If a guy is being a dumbass and another guy violently disciplines him for it, that's child abuse. Do I have it more or less?

Last edited by Akashin; 2014-11-11 at 11:13. Reason: Edit
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 13:10   Link #329
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
So kushina can knock Naruto across the head but Naruto can't knock his own kid across the head. that really double standard.
Old 2014-11-12, 00:40   Link #330
kagato3

So people are up in arms about Naruto hitting his kid fairly lighty who was planning on atacking him with a weapon yet no one has a problem with the fact that all the parents are sending their children to a school to become child soldiers?
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 00:44   Link #331
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
So people are up in arms about Naruto hitting his kid fairly lighty who was planning on atacking him with a weapon yet no one has a problem with the fact that all the parents are sending their children to a school to become child soldiers?
Now that is a perspective I had not looked at it from yet. THIS!!!
Old 2014-11-12, 01:38   Link #332
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
That is a very good point
Old 2014-11-13, 08:22   Link #333
RBomber

@kagato3: As someone on TVTropes pointed out, ninja school is less military academy and more like Xavier's School For The Gifted. Especially with (supposedly) long-standing peace between all villages. And if you think hard enough, almost every jutsu can be modified for peacetime purpose.

(Maybe) the only thing that I would change is everyone's hairstyle. Maybe by making everyone sport conservative hairstyle, if only just to make Gaara looks less ridiculous.
RBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 12:36   Link #334
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBomber View Post
@kagato3: As someone on TVTropes pointed out, ninja school is less military academy and more like Xavier's School For The Gifted. Especially with (supposedly) long-standing peace between all villages. And if you think hard enough, almost every jutsu can be modified for peacetime purpose.

(Maybe) the only thing that I would change is everyone's hairstyle. Maybe by making everyone sport conservative hairstyle, if only just to make Gaara looks less ridiculous.
My point is it is wholesale child endangerment if looked at from a real world prospective, and dear god so is Xavier's, but it isn't the real world, so it is pointless and hypocritical to try to try to apply real world ethics to only one part of the story.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 18:55   Link #335
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:

I think that's a bad comparison Naruto part 1 was set in a relatively "peaceful" time but there were always dangerous missions and situations e.g Zabuza and Haku. Most of the kids at Xaviers place are orphans and outscasts, the academy is place where parents actually send their kids to be "soldiers" heck even the chunnin exams are deadly are we forgetting people died during those things. Even in these peaceful times there will always be guys like Zabuza and such that's why the academy stayed open.( In case we are forgeting something ninjas actually KILL people e.g Kakashi and Itachi who were killing people when they were just KIDS.) So I don't know why they would be converting their justus for peace purposes even in the real world most countries aren't at war at the moment but its not like they are converting their armies for peace they just continue training preparing for the worst. Plus I don't know how you could convert rasengan for peacful times? Maybe he could use it for entertainment or power a chakrae genertor

Last edited by Shinagami; 2014-11-15 at 19:08.
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 21:49   Link #336
zeorme

I always thought Anime or Cartoon violence can either be comedic or serious depending on the tone of the situation.

So does that mean all the cartoon violence over the years is just a large form of serious physical abuse.

Wow I have to take a hard look at FLCL, excel saga, and definitely gintama
zeorme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 15:50   Link #337
kitten320

I would kill off Sasuke, he totally deserved that.

I would give Sakura some actual brains where she tells Sasuke "Fuck you asshole" and give her some actual development and proper action scenes.

Would not have everyone giving birth in same year. I would have children of different age. Actually would not pair everyone up anyway.

Would give NaruHina an actual development that made sense. Or forget altogether about it and move onto NaruSaku since it was far better developed than NaruHina, less work to do.

Would not bring everyone back to life in Pain arc. Neither would I drag out the final war to such extremes.

Did I say that Sasuke would die?

Quote:
Does not change a fact that they get freaking murdered at a simple promotion exam.