AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-10-31, 05:42   Link #201
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, so that's what you meant. My bad for misunderstanding, then. Sorry about that.

Yeah. But if the second kid is hers, which would be preferable, then I don't really think they need to be twins. Even if the second kid was born from the second attempt with her, it'd still serve the purpose of making her feel better in this case, no?
Old 2015-10-31, 06:41   Link #202
amtro
Distro

I forwarded the raws when I said I would, an hour after the post was made. Give or take a few mins. I cannot tell if they ever reached their destination because sent posts aren't automatically archived. Just so that is out of the way.
Old 2015-10-31, 06:53   Link #203
Perentie Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah. But if the second kid is hers, which would be preferable, then I don't really think they need to be twins. Even if the second kid was born from the second attempt with her, it'd still serve the purpose of making her feel better in this case, no?
But that assumes Rias cares about who had the first child. I know in real polygamous marriages historically this has been an issue, but Rias knows full well how hard it is for any devil to have a child.
Perentie Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 07:34   Link #204
amtro
Distro

Rias is extremely competitive, specially towards Akeno. Do not underestimate her jealousy. The fact that Akeno also called her own son, Issei's very first born child for Crimson is also bound to have rubbed her the wrong way. I suspect Airi's name had something to do with that.
Old 2015-10-31, 11:35   Link #205
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
There's no way in heck that Issei would ever cheat on his loved ones because he's faithful to them.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 12:25   Link #206
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
There's no way in heck that Issei would ever cheat on his loved ones because he's faithful to them.
Define cheating.

Because in this case it'd be hard not to just call it expanding the harem.
Old 2015-10-31, 12:32   Link #207
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
I don't see how having sex with his peerage would be cheating.
He's a polygamist after all, as long as Rias is aware of it and allows it, it's not cheating.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 12:41   Link #208
Hokoga

^ That's right it's not "Cheating", we harem enthusiast call it "Winning"
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 12:52   Link #209
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I don't see how having sex with his peerage would be cheating.
He's a polygamist after all, as long as Rias is aware of it and allows it, it's not cheating.
Yes, that's true. As long as it's with a girl Rias approves of, it's not cheating. Ise values and loves Rias the most, after all, so he'd also value her opinion and her feelings. But on the other hand, if he does it with a girl whom Rias doesn't approve of, and/or if he does it behind her back, then it's cheating and could also be a considered an affair.

@Perentie Fan: It's limited to pureblood Devils, apparently, but yeah. Rias should understand that, but as it's already been stated, she's also very competitive - especially Akeno.

Edit: One post late.
@Hokoga: No, but still. Ise is faithful to Rias, and I respect (and like) that. To him, it wouldn't "winning" - it'd be "being unfaithful," which is bad.
Old 2015-10-31, 15:35   Link #210
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
^ That's right it's not "Cheating", we harem enthusiast call it "Winning"
Just as I thought. Issei marries the other girls and approves it. Not to mention she's confident that Rias turned out to be Issei's first wife. I'm happy for Issei and his harem as they have a happy ending. And he finally become a harem king.
Old 2015-10-31, 16:48   Link #211
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

yeah.
Cheater = Makoto from school days (that sweet ending)
Winner = Issei, have kid from all of his harem

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 17:21   Link #212
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCholesterol View Post
yeah.
Cheater = Makoto from school days (that sweet ending)
Winner = Issei, have kid from all of his harem
Once again, Issei have proven to be one of the greatest harem protagonists by marry,and having babies with his harem including Rias and Asia. Thus making the girls very happy that they got to be with him forever. Getting ahead of the rest of the other harem leads.
Old 2015-10-31, 17:27   Link #213
Chichiryuushintei

Culd we please not compare Makoto to Ise? It sounds like heresy and makes my eye twitch.
Old 2015-10-31, 17:56   Link #214
Perentie Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Perentie Fan: It's limited to pureblood Devils, apparently, but yeah.
This confuses me. Has that been confirmed? If so then why have that scene I heard about with Xenovia trying to figure out how long it would take to get pregnant?

Further, if reborn devils (i.e. ones made from humans and such) have much higher birthrates, then why keep transforming other races as a matter of course? They would only have needed to do so until enough devils were reborn that they could rebuild their numbers via their high reproductive rate.

Its my understanding that devils still depend mainly on humans for increasing their numbers, and none in Rias' peerage started out as devils. Yes special humans are sought out, but the fact remains the main reason for transforming humans was stated to be to increase demon numbers as reproduction isn't enough.

Not to mention the problems it would cause if humans reborn into devils retained a human's reproductive output. That is they have the same lifespan as a natural born devil, and that lifespan is the whole reason devils don't have children often to begin with. Overpopulation would become a problem instead of there being too few.
Old 2015-10-31, 18:01   Link #215
Chichiryuushintei

Ressurected Devils have suposedly (Xenovia said it was only a possibility IIRC) higher birthrates than regular Devils but it's still very low.
Old 2015-10-31, 21:19   Link #216
Hokoga

@LowCholesterol
For me it was a bitter ending, it was sweet that he died in such a way(because he deserved it) but in the end I feel bad for the girls who fell in love with that bastard.
Quote:
Culd we please not compare Makoto to Ise? It sounds like heresy and makes my eye twitch.
I don't like comparing them either but that was actually a pretty good example of a "Cheater" and a "Winner"
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 21:54   Link #217
Perentie Fan

Quote:
Ressurected Devils have suposedly (Xenovia said it was only a possibility IIRC) higher birthrates than regular Devils but it's still very low.
Ah, that makes sense. Higher but still very low. Many thanks.
Old 2015-11-01, 02:53   Link #218
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

well, i comparing Issei and him just for a jokes(the truth is, i miss that kind of anime which has depressing theme like that).

if a female human impregnated then turned into a devil, will the baby inside her womb disappear? if not, i guess it would help the devil population problem.

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-01, 05:10   Link #219
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCholesterol View Post
if a female human impregnated then turned into a devil, will the baby inside her womb disappear? if not, i guess it would help the devil population problem.
Well ... I think that the baby would survive something like that ... since iI don't think that the Evil Pieces transformation process has a negative effect on a human body.

although, it's unknown if the baby would be transformed into a Devil as well - after all something like that could require more Magical Power ... not to mention the Evil Pieces would need to contain all the development stages that Devil an Human babies undergo in other to properly convert a human baby into a Devil and not impede his growth / development in someway...

Basically ... I wouldn't be surprised if the Evil Pieces only after the recipient reached a n age, where all his / hers major body functions have already fully developed and the Evil Pieces won't work on someone that would be of a younger age then that...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-01, 09:07   Link #220
The 48th Ronin

A Harem King cheating? I call it harvesting.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote