AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-01-20, 12:07   Link #2061
Chichiryuushintei

I remember Ariel confirming it, but I don't recall it being said in the actual summaries.
Old 2016-01-20, 12:11   Link #2062
Hakai

I only remember having a very negative reaction to it
l was a newbie in those days
Old 2016-01-21, 09:10   Link #2063
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Chichi and Carrrot: it's in Jop's summary. Not explicitly stated, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop with revisions View Post
"The Evil God that came from the other world is called Melvazoa.
Melvazoa has seven brutally matchless servants and we call them The Collective Seven Magnificent Hunters.
The Seven Hunters are each accompanied by powerful beings called Invade Fanatic".
Galvaldan is one of the four.
If Melvazoa can govern all the Seven Hunters (which each levels equally to an active Chief God of mythologies) and their respective Invade Fanatics (as stated that they range from Azazel with Fafnir's armor to incomplete Juggernaut Drive), this means that it must have the strength equaled only by Great Red himself (this guy may surpass Ophis, but I'm not sure how much).

My speculation: GR may win when he fight this mecha Evil God alone, but not without some serious effect to him (with the worst possible being vanished from existence) if other beings like Ophis, Ise, and Vali cannot interfere. For comparison, Shiva and Ajuka assumed that Trihexa can only be defeated by both GR and full-power Ophis (GR alone can defeat it, but it will end in a tie with him vanishing and Trihexa just "destroyed" and it will rebuilt itself), so I suspect that this Evil God guy is basically a tier-below 666.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2016-01-21 at 09:21.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 10:10   Link #2064
Chichiryuushintei

Okay, first: Him being above some Chief Gods is in no way enough to state he's GR-tier. Like, not even close. Chief-Gods are basically as strong as Hades, and he's weaker than Sakra, who's "only" as strong as 4 Maou-Class beings.

Second: Shiva said that only Great Red OR Full Powered Ophis could destroy Trihexa. Not that it'd need both of them.
Old 2016-01-21, 10:41   Link #2065
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What if he's above some of the most powerful of the Chief-Gods, though? Wouldn't that make him Great Red-tier?

You're probably right about that second point, but I'm not sure.
Old 2016-01-21, 11:13   Link #2066
Chichiryuushintei

There's way too big of a gap to just assume he's at GR's level. Whenever Azazel mentions Chief Gods, he usually talks about Odin or Zeus who're not even in the Top10. I'm giving Zeus the benefit of the doubt since it could be he's not a fighter, so he could be roughly equal to Hades, but even then it's nowhere near enough GR to make assumptions like that. Shiva can't even be compared to the guy and he's way stronger than any Chief God.
Old 2016-01-21, 13:01   Link #2067
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Well, recent development in the main series show that, to measure a being in DxD can be a serious challenge or not is to see if Shiva cannot kill it (I'm snarking here, but really, it's a fact as of volume 20).

Quote:
"For the time being.
But…… this is unexpected.
──It may be impossible, even for me.
If that beast cannot be sealed, the world will collapse."
Trihexa's already obvious. However, Melvazoa's a bit jarring since it's Kurenai who said that, vaguely, and cannot confirm it further to Azazel how far this big bad stretches. My best assumption is that this colossal mecha god did fought evenly with GR, but stays in stalemate while giving significant damages to the surroundings.

By the way, the Chief God measurement of the Seven Hunters is said by Kurenai, not Azazel, so the standard is possibly different (while Azazel uses Zeus and Odin for measurement, Kurenai possibly uses someone else).

As a matter of fact, Zeus did led the fight to subdue Typhon and landed the final blow (as a bonus point, in the original myths they were arch-enemies, very much like Odin with Fenrir did).

@Osman being above several levels to the Chief Gods does not make a being the capability of toppling GR. Its power must be at least a few tier above the Hindu Trinity combined if it really wants to "scratch" GR.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2016-01-21 at 13:26.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 13:06   Link #2068
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If it's just fighting evenly with Great Red, though, doesn't it only need to be "about as strong as Great Red"?
Old 2016-01-21, 13:16   Link #2069
Chichiryuushintei

Not really. Rizevim was a major threat even while being exhausted from not sleeping. He wouldn't be a threat to the bigger players by himself, but he definitely would still be enough to the main characters be actually be in very major danger.

Shiva made it pretty clear that he wouldn't have stepped in if it wasn't for Trihexa, so he can't be counted as support in most cases.

I didn't say Azazel compared them to Chief Gods. I said that when Azazel says "Chief Gods", he mostly (if not al ltimes) refers to Odin and Zeus. If the term used to describe those guys is also Chief Gods, this is the only stick we have to compare them to.

@OSman: You say it in a way that makes it look simple. We're talking about a tier that comprises of (until actually confirmed) 3 beings. Fucking 3. In a world with about a dozen mythologies, each with hundreds of thousands of beings.
Old 2016-01-21, 13:47   Link #2070
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Agree about Rizevim and power levels in general. After all, in-universe power levels measurement is very subjective for the characters gauging it (again, as Carrot quoted from Vegeta in DBZ Abridged ).

As for Shiva, I do reread that he was only in it for Trihexa, and I don't expect him to be on the frontline for most of the battle very much, especially after he said what I quoted above.

Odin and Zeus are the only ones present in the Alliance (they are the most popular, after all). But yeah, as long as other Chief Gods are not introduced (I was hoping the likes of Aten [by extension, Ra] and Lugh (other than the part that he defeated Balor) gets mentioned in a story or something), we cannot measure how far and powerful a combat-active Chief God can go.

Quote:
We're talking about a tier that comprises of (until actually confirmed) 3 beings. Fucking 3. In a world with about a dozen mythologies, each with hundreds of thousands of beings.
+1
EDIT:If it's that simple, Ise would be several tier strong below GR in the future timeline since he does the most fighting in the war (and winning!).
Old 2016-01-21, 14:03   Link #2071
Chichiryuushintei

Well, that' obvious. Just because X>Z doesn't mean Z<Y.

It's not like that. They are the only ones who are mentioned at all, so they are the only ones that can be used as a comparison.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it took all 12 Olympians to take down Typhoon. Zeus definitely isn't comparable to him.
Old 2016-01-21, 14:08   Link #2072
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Ise masters DxD mode and Cardinal Crimson Queen, he could be as strong as complete Ophis. So that would mean Ise in the future is near the top of the Top 10 strongest (if he's mastered those two modes).

But yeah, unless we see more of the Chief Gods, we can't really measure Melvazoa's actual power.
Old 2016-01-21, 19:51   Link #2073
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

I have a question a little departure from the theme would issei in the future will be more powerful against the beast Trihexa or were the same? While that real power of Melvazoa is still unknown whether the I could get beat gods of other mythologies, but I suppose that if not beat them them will give a good fight to whom he takes which in my opinion is very strong
Old 2016-01-21, 19:55   Link #2074
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't want to think about Ise being able to beat Trihexa in the future, since even if he could do it, actually fighting that thing would be a bad idea. If Ise were strong enough to fight it, the world be in danger of being destroyed if he did fight it. And if he isn't strong enough to fight it, then doing so would be suicidal.
Old 2016-01-21, 20:06   Link #2075
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

If you're right but not I would like to see this fight for diverting 2 things happen an issei does not have enough power to beat the Thihexa the beast that caused the death of the God of the Bible since issei may have much power but not enough to beat him or even kill her and two the made this fight for my is a little weird and I would not see it

Last edited by beast 666; 2016-01-21 at 20:27.
beast 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 20:18   Link #2076
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Sacred Beast? Trihexa is no Sacred Beast - the thing's said to be an abomination, which is the exact opposite of being sacred. Please learn how to use words correctly.

And do we know that God in this series died after sealing Trihexa? I don't remember it being confirmed anywhere.
Old 2016-01-21, 21:37   Link #2077
Chichiryuushintei

God died in the War. He was a bit drained to some unknown degree (couldn't have been that much since noone noticed) from sealing Trihexa, but that's it.

As for Ise beating Trihexa, if we're talking just by comparing their strenght, I could buy it, but an actual fight would be bullshit. Unless someone is strong enough to shitstomp it, the universe would be fucked up. At minimum.
Old 2016-01-21, 23:37   Link #2078
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Ise got strong enough to completely destroy it without any chance for regeneration at all, then we'd have something, yeah. Ise could just completely destroy it in an instant and the world also wouldn't have to be destroyed (hopefully).
Old 2016-01-22, 07:48   Link #2079
Hakai

Universe will collapse under normal circumstances
But if all mythology and factions join forces in taking defensive measures with a good strategy they could potentially survive

Or the fight could take place in the otherworld
We still don't know the structure of that world
It might be able to survive a fight between two Trihexa tier
Old 2016-01-22, 14:26   Link #2080
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^True. But can Ise really get that strong, even if this is a Shounen?

But if he does manage it, and Trihexa got unsealed again someday, it'd be good if they can make preparations to make sure that the world says intact even if they fight.