AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-08, 21:52   Link #2021
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
I hope we see Indra battle in a rating game. Curious to see how OP he is.
Indra will face Ise in the first round and beat Ise decisively. That would be an awesome scenario if you ask me. Start Shin DxD with Ise dropping out of the tournament. XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 22:13   Link #2022
Lucidrago

@B214 Unfortunately Issei is facing Ruval next. Now that might be just my headcanon. I think I remember it being in a spoiler but It's most likely something I came up with since Ravel's volume is next. So it makes sense.

But [Star Buster Star Blaster] can probably extend and lengthen the blade of the sword and the longer it gets the more powerful it becomes(Gin Ichimaru's Shinso from Bleach). While the gun can fire bullets that can shoot any target at any distance and the power of the shot increases the further the distance it goes.

That's just my guess.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 23:47   Link #2023
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
For some reason I read that as demonetize and wondered why Vali of all people was the one losing ad revenue instead of Ise
Vali butt slipped out of his new pants.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 00:07   Link #2024
Lucidrago

If Brynhildr became Issei's knight what would you guys think? Double Valkyries for the win. But taking the leader of the Valkyries is most likely a no-no.

Issei needs some kind of powerful youkai (not Kunou or Yasaka), a very powerful Sacred Gear possessor (not a Longinus), and some kind of being from Hindu mythology. And he needs a servant who has a parent that is a mythological figure (not Bennia or Akeno). That's just my view on who his servants are going to be.
Old 2018-05-09, 01:45   Link #2025
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Vali butt slipped out of his new pants.
Darn, not another wardrobe malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
If Brynhildr became Issei's knight what would you guys think? Double Valkyries for the win. But taking the leader of the Valkyries is most likely a no-no.

Issei needs some kind of powerful youkai (not Kunou or Yasaka), a very powerful Sacred Gear possessor (not a Longinus), and some kind of being from Hindu mythology. And he needs a servant who has a parent that is a mythological figure (not Bennia or Akeno). That's just my view on who his servants are going to be.
Maybe he'll get Karna or Arjuna's descendant. I want an archer character. Also laser eye beams (which hilariously are in fact part of the original mythology).
Old 2018-05-09, 03:22   Link #2026
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Ddraig's speculation that Ophis might be trying to make Ise and Vali Dragon God-class beings. In Volume 24 during the fight against Thanatos. It's in spoilers only so far, though. It means that they're each going to get Dragon God-class forms at some point. For Ise I think it's going to be AxA.

@Lucidrago: Hades' strongest Devil is a male, but he did also create a female Super Devil. Verrine. But yeah, females are largely weaker than the males in this series, though we do have ones like Yasaka (the Kyuubi Clan Head, leader of the Kyoto Youkai, and I'm pretty sure that even in this series as well, aside from dragons, the Kyuubi are the strongest monsters), Xenovia, Grayfia and Lint who are pretty strong. And while as you said, Lavinia isn't one of the strongest humans, she's still pretty strong. And how many Maou-class people are there? For some reason, the Maou Leviathan is always a woman, and Serafall herself is also really strong. Even if Rias can't become a Super Devil, she's at least going to be Maou-class at her peak and that's already good enough since Maou-class Devils are very rare. And in EX, Ise's strongest child is a girl (Airi). Also look at Koneko and Kuroka. And Magiri. Nekomata are all women and they have some really powerful ones in their clan. Magiri is the strongest and she has seven tails which is the highest number of tails a Nekomata can have in this series.

DxD Volumes are also sold in women's sections in Japanese bookstores (as well as male, hopefully), so you'd think Ishibumi would have some more powerful female characters. I wonder what the female fans have to say about this.
We should add Tiamat is a woman and is the strongest Dragon King. Even Ddraig one of the two heavenly dragons fears her. Venelana is the strongest female of Bael Clan.

Gabriel was one of the strongest angels(the strongest female in the heaven) and now the strongest person in the heaven that controls the Holy System now.. Even that Mirana, I think that I heard that her light was enough strong to hurt Ultimate Class devils.

Maybe there are not women in the TOP 10, but maybe in the TOP20, there are women. However, THERE ARE MANY EXAMPLE OF STRONG WOMEN IN THIS SERIE.

Last edited by AzazelDxD; 2018-05-09 at 03:45.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 06:59   Link #2027
Lucidrago

Never said there weren't but I was just mentioning how the 'strongest' criteria in a group goes to the male more times than not. Like how Sairaorg is the strongest king of the Rookie Four. The only females who have the 'strongest' criteria that's not solely female are Grayfia and Tiamat. And I mean 'strongest' not one of the strongest. Like the absolute 'strongest' or 'ultimate' or whatever you want to call it. They just have to be the #1 in strength in a certain area(species, faction, etc.) that isn't limited to one gender.

I mentioned Tiamat and Grayfia becoming the absolute strongest in their fields.

I'm largely mentioning the fact that despite there being so many powerful female's in this series, the males tend to be the absolute strongest in those categories. It can't be a category that is gender-specific like strongest female______ or strongest male___________. They have to be the absolute #1 in the category when it comes to strength/power level.

So far we have these:

Grayfia- Ultimate Queen

Tiamat- Strongest Dragon King

Gabriel- Strongest Seraph(as Michael, Raphael, and Uriel are sealed)

Maybe we have the trend because Issei's the MC and all his rivals have to be males as basically no female stands a chance against him (even if It's a goddess).

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-05-09 at 07:19.
Old 2018-05-09, 07:36   Link #2028
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yasaka says hi. Again, she's the leader of the Kyoto Youkai and the Kyuubi is also the strongest Youkai. And like I said before, there's also Airi in EX who is the strongest out of Ise's children. His other kids are even scared of her (and the only other person out of Ise's group they're scared of is Future Gasper).
Old 2018-05-09, 07:38   Link #2029
syzorst
syzorst

No females among the Top 10 strongest either.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 07:42   Link #2030
B214

Well Ise just invades breasts and strips girl, so i don't see how he can have any female rivals.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 10:38   Link #2031
Royalknightftw

Well, that means genderless is the way to go then, since both Ophis and Trihexa are genderless. I am not sure about GR though, could be genderless as well
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 11:17   Link #2032
kiiro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelDxD View Post
We should add Tiamat is a woman and is the strongest Dragon King. Even Ddraig one of the two heavenly dragons fears her. Venelana is the strongest female of Bael Clan.

Gabriel was one of the strongest angels(the strongest female in the heaven) and now the strongest person in the heaven that controls the Holy System now.. Even that Mirana, I think that I heard that her light was enough strong to hurt Ultimate Class devils.

Maybe there are not women in the TOP 10, but maybe in the TOP20, there are women. However, THERE ARE MANY EXAMPLE OF STRONG WOMEN IN THIS SERIE.

He might fear her, but not because she is strong or could be a threat for him. Tiamat is Satan Class Devil, Ddraig is like 4 times or more that level. He can rape her (not literally)

And in the top 20? Sirzechs was not even in the top 100 in his human form and he is stronger than the old Lucifer, so they are not in the top 20. There should be females in the top 20 but they would be like God Level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
The only females who have the 'strongest' criteria that's not solely female are Grayfia and Tiamat. And I mean 'strongest' not one of the strongest. Like the absolute 'strongest' or 'ultimate' or whatever you want to call it. They just have to be the #1 in strength in a certain area(species, faction, etc.) that isn't limited to one gender.

I mentioned Tiamat and Grayfia becoming the absolute strongest in their fields.

They have to be the absolute #1 in the category when it comes to strength/power level.

So far we have these:

Grayfia- Ultimate Queen

Tiamat- Strongest Dragon King

Gabriel- Strongest Seraph(as Michael, Raphael, and Uriel are sealed)

Maybe we have the trend because Issei's the MC and all his rivals have to be males as basically no female stands a chance against him (even if It's a goddess).
Well then Grayfia wont also be in that top. Since you are being specific. Then Roygun is the strongest female of rating game.

If we are talking about supreme titles, then it would be Serafall as the strongest female devil. We can have categories from there, like strongest queen, strongest female of RT, etc.

Tiamat is different, she is the strongest of all Dragons besides Heavenly Dragons.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 11:50   Link #2033
Lucidrago

You do know that being a queen isn't just limited to females (ex. Seekvaira's queen, Alivian, and Mephisto Pheles' queen, Tannin.

And how does Sirzechs have a human form considering that he's a pureblood devil?
Old 2018-05-09, 12:37   Link #2034
Heroman Jr.

Sirzech's normal appearance is his sealed/unawakened state, while his true form is actually pure Power of Destruction in humanoid form. It's been argued that, because of Sirzech's true form, it's hard to categorize him as a devil already. So when they mention Sirzech's human form, it's probably referring to his unawakened state.
Heroman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 12:45   Link #2035
kiiro94

With human form I mean his human shape. Of course he is not a human but they look like one. I refer as his form where he only is satan class.

And yes, in that state his power is sealed, his form in PoD humanoid shape is his true form.

@lucidrago I know queen piece can be male and females but it is still like a sub category, strongest devil female is Serafall.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 13:07   Link #2036
Lucidrago

And the strongest queen is Grayfia.
Old 2018-05-09, 13:52   Link #2037
syzorst
syzorst

After thinking about it, if Rias team face Diehauser in her next match then she might lose. I just don't see Rias beating Diehauser without her actual peerage members. She will either lose to him.or face a different team and beat them before she face Issei.
Old 2018-05-09, 14:29   Link #2038
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The preliminaries already ended. Any team that loses in the main tournament even once can't participate anymore, so if Rias lost before she gets to face Ise, she'll never face him in the tournament.

@Lucidrago: He's talking about Sirzechs' base form. And yeah, Sirzechs is only Maou-class in base, so of course he wouldn't be Top 10-level in base. Not sure about Top 20, though.

@Kiiro: All of Airi's siblings are afraid of her. Not just one. All of Ise's kids were said to be more powerful than their parents were at the time when the EX events happened, and Airi is the strongest out of all of them (and tied with Ex, where both of them are the aces of the vanguard).

Quote:
Zen floated a broad grin.

"Airi nee-san, among us siblings she stands alongside Ex as an ace of a vanguard."

Shin continued.

"At any rate, among the children of the Sekiryuutei Hyoudou Issei, Ex and Airi, the two of them are tied as the strongest in combat. And the one whose battle skills were influenced the most by father is Airi nee-san."

——! I found these words astonishing as well. ……How could this be. For that Asia's child, and moreover for her daughter, to be the type fighting alongside those on the front lines!
Airi was implied to have been taught by Sairaorg. She's really skilled at using at Touki and she also has an artificial Longinus powered by Fafnir (she inherited the contract with him through Asia). And she also learned a unique magic style developed by Asia (not martial arts style - that was me remembering wrong I guess).

Quote:
Fenrir tries to rush sharply in order to outmaneuver Ise, but it was prevented by a direct hit from the front by… Airi, wearing her armor.

“That… was not me Sekiryuutei-san! I’m sorry I show you a pathetic figure several minutes ago!"

“Ei! Don’t say that! A girl wearing armor like me and fighting on the front line with taijutsu like Sairaorg-san is something you cannot see everyday, I’m so glad you’re so reliable!”

“Because the person that I honor the most is a fighter and master of this style!”

“I also wanted to be honored that way!”

With those words, Ise and Airi emits energy at the same time to give a direct blow to Fenrir’s nose.
For the Artificial Longinus part:
Quote:
You could tell it was Fafnir from the golden brilliance that was exuded from him.

"Fafnir-chan, I know you only just arrived here, but I have good news. ——We have met up with the companions of the one who placed the curse on Okaa-san."

Turning into light, Fafnir proceeded to wrap around Airi completely covering her.

——That figure of Airi's now appeared to be wearing a heavenly raiment.

"My artificial Longinus——'Gigantis Maiden Robe[6]'."

——An artificial Longinus!! So Airi was also carrying one! Moreover……this one used Fafnir as a core. I had also made use of Fafnir's borrowed power but this seemed to be the successor.
She borrows Fafnir's power like Azazel used to, but like mentioned earlier she's also tied with Ex as the strongest of Ise's children. And she uses an Artificial Longinus powered by Fafnir.

Airi also says that the front-lines are her stage, and that she wouldn't be a woman if she didn't dance flashily.
Old 2018-05-09, 14:52   Link #2039
syzorst
syzorst

@DragonOsman yes I know which is why I was saying that she might face someone besides Diehauser before she face Issei.
Old 2018-05-09, 15:43   Link #2040
bashkim1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
what new form? he already has DxD-L
Well if Ise is going to get two new Form AxA and ExE Vali will need an equvalance . Ise not even his true DxD mode right Now.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote