AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-26, 17:00   Link #1
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
(mac)Panoramic? What the hell?

Yes. you heard me. My movies play in a panoramic view (video squished between two blocks of black screen that take up about 1/4 of the screen.) I use Mplayer since it can play most anything at animesuki with ease, and I haven't had problems with it until now. It seems to be mistaking my files for something they aren't(Dimensions-wise)

Anyone else have this problem? and if so...got a solution?

Edit: Never mind. Solved the problem. I love it when that happens XD.

Case/Thread Closed!
*click*

Last edited by Deralti; 2004-01-26 at 17:11.
Old 2004-01-26, 22:50   Link #2
Ookla The Mok

It would have been nice to say how you solved your problem so that others can avoid the same thing in the future. I was going to suggest changing the apect ratio menu in the mplayer settings, but I don't know if that was what was causing your problem or not.

With me, I have another problem with mplayer. I have a powerbook 17" widescreen, and whenever I play a video that is supposed to be 4:3 ratio like a normal computer screen, in fullscreen mode, it gets squished too much. There are huge black bars on the side, and the visible screen area is square instead of rectangular, or maybe even a little narrower than it is tall, so it's close to a 1:1 ratio instead of a 4:3 ratio. I haven't figured out any way to fix this.

Vlc will play things at the correct size, but I think mplayer's playback looks better...something about postprocessing...anyway...