AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-26, 14:33   Link #1
-HyugaNeji-

Can you please recommend some anime?

Hi there, i haven't been looking animes for quite some time, but i'm still interested in finding new ones. I like movies more then series, which doesn't mean i don't like to watch series too. I prefer more mature animes, without the typical childish style. I don't really like that most of the protagonists of anime are teenagers or kids, aren't there more series/movies with a more mature theme and adult charakters? (For example, i liked black lagoon very much, even thouth i prefer animes with an ongoing storyline) Other animes i liked very much are Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell or Vampire Hunter D bloodlust.

It would be cool if you could recommend me some new ones

Thank you.
Old 2006-11-26, 15:13   Link #2
jedinat

Mature theme and adult characters...
Hellsing/2006
Mushishi
Noir
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin - Tsuiokuhen
Gungrave
Old 2006-11-26, 16:15   Link #3
MamoruUsagi

Ceres Celestial Legend (Manga is a lot longer and better and more romantic)

Fushigi Yugi (Manga is a lot longer, goes farther, lots of romantic kissing scenes)

Bokura ga Ita

His and Her Circumstances

Marmalade Boy (76 episodes)

Mars (Serious, romance manga series, couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series)

Kare First Love

Paradise Kiss

I can recomend a lot of romance series where the couple is boyfriend/girlfriend, dating and in a relationship during the beginning of the series.
Old 2006-11-26, 16:25   Link #4
Levski
Banned

Elfen Lied <=== extremely sad, gory, very mature

Death Note <=== high school kid who is smarter than you in every way. Extremely cunning characters, profound logic and just a superb mature theme to be honest.

Paradise Kiss <==== am not sure exactly how mature you would view this anime as, but it doesn't seem to have tge immature theme to it. I think it is good.

Hellsing <=== bad ass sums it up completely

Juuni Kokuki <=== never watched it, but i think it MIGHT fit.

Akira <=== watch it that is all i have to say

Grave of the Fireflies <=== sob

If i had to go for the really mature out of that anime i would say Grave of the Fireflies and Death Note. On the lesser scale (because they involve like sci-fi elements) Elfen Lied, Hellsing, and Akira.
Old 2006-11-27, 20:27   Link #5
jigoku...ramen
You know you want to...

Jigoku Shoujo: Sorta repetitive; reccomend Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori

Kaleido Star: Yeah, really looks childish, but it's good and not so pure that you want to throw up while or after watching it.

Avenger/Noir/Madlax: All three are pretty similar, and you won't be disappointed in the maturity and seriousness of these anime.

She The Ultimate Weapon (Saikano): So serious and human, you'll forget that it's got teenagers and dating involved. You'll be too busy crying.

Noein: Good series, not a lot of people have heard or watched it but it's worth it.

I MAY have similar tastes to you if you think that harem (guy + usually house/school/something full of pretty girls that like him) anime are EXTREMELY CORNY and that you prefer something refreshing from the usual.
Closed Thread