AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-30, 11:46   Link #1961
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, with Nanoha having access to both loli and non-loli moe due to Season 3 approaching, I don't see how she can possibly lose Ok, there's always Mikuru, Haruhi's idea of the ultimate moe alive.
Old 2006-09-30, 11:47   Link #1962
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I'm sorry to say, but I have to lock this thread for now. Some of you have taken this too far and it's a bit out of hand.

The post quality in this thread is abysmal. Some posts are images only which is useless and unwanted. Many of the posts are poor quality campaign posts that lack any useful discussion substance and a few of you have taken this tournament to other threads and have hijacked those threads with campaign crap.

Be advised that if we find posts related to this tournament in other threads, they will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned.

All current threads related to the Anime Saimoe Tournament will be closed and any future threads will be closed or deleted. Please don't start a new thread.

Since I allowed these threads in the first place, I take responsibility for closing them.

I'm sorry to have to close this thread. I know a lot of you were having clean harmless fun, but to be honest, most of what's going on in this thread is much of what we didn't want to see repeated (fan-clubbing, campaigning, image only posts, trolling, etc...). Taking this tournament to other threads and hijacking them is annoying not only to us, but other forum members that are reading those threads for the original information.

Some suggestions for other Admins/Mods: restrict your campaigning to your signatures in future and if the threads re-open, that you should tone it down and provide some justification with your campaigning... not just bunches of images and over sized "VOTE ABCD" text. We are not 2ch or 4chan... we're not an image board... we're a discussion board.

My suggestion: since there is about a month left in the tournament, I would take all of this energy to a Blog or another forum. The only way I could see this thread re-opening is under very strict rules.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message. Thanks.

/Edit: added a bit more.
Old 2006-09-30, 14:53   Link #1963
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Just an update to my post above: we're going to open up a new Anime Saimoe Tournament thread with some posting rules attached to the first post. We'll try to get the new thread up for everyone as soon as possible. Please read the first post and follow the rules to the best of your ability.

This Tournament has one more month to go and Kinny Riddle and ando have put a lot of time and effort to bring it to everyone for discussion. Please do your best to increase the level of discussion beyond mindless campaigning and images.

Thanks. Cheers.
Old 2006-10-01, 05:34   Link #1964
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

In the meantime there are other places you can use... I've been told by rei (albiet a few hours ago now) that a thread welcoming AnimeSuki members has appeared on 2ch ~ Be aware that some of the text-art is not intended for younger viewers...
Closed Thread