AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-09-15, 23:23   Link #1
El Burro

"Copy Control CD" = DRM?

I'm looking to buy CD's from Every Little Thing from CDJapan... however, I looked around and they seem to be copy controlled? The site usually lists if the CD's are copy controlled or not, don't they? I usually rip CD's to my computer the moment I buy them and then store them safely away from harm only to touch them when absolutely needed so they don't get damaged. So, naturally if I buy a copy controlled CD I can't do that. So does anyone know if these ELT CD's are copy controlled?
El Burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 02:39   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

dont worry about it, all modern players will not have any trouble playing them and you will be able to save them on your harddrive. windows media player can usually do it, takes a minute sometimes though.
pretty much every CD from japan is a copy control CD.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 03:37   Link #3
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Actually, AVEX went through a phase where every CD produced by them (by their artists) was released as a CCCD, and it lasted from sometime in 2002 to around late 2004 or early 2005.

They then realized that it was futile and stopped. As have most other publishers in Japan. For instance, Pony Canyon released aiko's album "Akatsuki no Love Letter" in 2003 as a CCCD but "Yume no Naka no Massugu na Michi" in 2005 without any such controls whatsoever (not that the CCCD prevented me from ripping it. And CD Japan's release dates for the albums are screwed up. I know this cause I bought Akatsuki no Love Letter on release date in Tokyo in November 2003 )

Last edited by microlith; 2006-09-16 at 03:48.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote