AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-17, 10:23   Link #61
HandofFate

Amusing that the secretary is a historical building otaku? or something.

Not a fan of the honeytrap girl. The client suspects cheating, and they can't find proof, so she makes him cheat and that's now the proof? Sounds scummy.
Old 2024-05-17, 13:38   Link #62
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Not a fan of the honeytrap girl. The client suspects cheating, and they can't find proof, so she makes him cheat and that's now the proof? Sounds scummy.
The client doesn't suspect cheating.

She wants Divorce for unknown reasons and probably also wants to get a good chunk of Alimony as well.

But her case isn't that strong, as the husband has completely clean background checks, and probably doesn't want to divorce the client.
So, she rather than trying to dig-up dirt, she decided to create some dirt on her husband, to have the upper hand on the divorce.

Which is actually pretty realistic, as most of the time Marriage Scammers do similar stuff.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-17, 13:50   Link #63
grecefar

that's waaay more scummy, sadly like you say it's pretty realistic.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-17, 22:44   Link #64
HandofFate

yea, not a fan of that at all.
Old 2024-05-17, 23:24   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze it's way more messed up than I thought. Was kind of hoping that she was at least going after people that were doing something wrong but it just wasn't easy to prove. But I guess it makes sense. If the person was actually cheating they'd send a type more like Sosuke.

In some ways it's impressive that the kouhai is lost on why Sosuke wouldn't look her way . She's pretty much the embodiment of what he wanted to get away from as a detective! Someone that outright creates infidelity. Not unrealistic but...rather distasteful.

Well the show isn't unwilling to look at the uglier side of things. We've already dealt with cults and such.
Old 2024-05-19, 22:47   Link #66
Strahan

I agree it's a shitty thing to do, but on the other hand, it's not like the honeytrap chick is forcing the guy. If she had slipped something in his drink then when he passes out, takes him to a room and stages a scene and takes pics she can go to hell. But from what we saw, she's just flirting and offering herself; the person already in a relationship made the choice to take her up on it. So it's more a case of everyone sucks here heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-20, 10:28   Link #67
HandofFate

yea, from the scummy lawyer angle, it works for them on a technicality. There's a lot of shitty things to do that are legal.

And as seen, it was an extended con, she isn't just coming up to him for a one-night stand, she actually inserts herself into interactions for him over a period of time. And given his wife is after divorce anyway, his current relationship is rocky.

Like on the reverse side, a dude wants to divorce his wife, but he doesn't want to pay alimony or pay less. He hires the agency, and they can't find anything. So they hire a hot guy to run into her by chance and build up a connection and seduce her and get the pictures of them going into a love hotel. And since talks of divorce is already up, she's that more likely to fall for it because she's looking for something after the marriage falls. And of course the hot guy she thinks she formed a connection with ghosts her and she loses alimony.
Old 2024-05-20, 11:43   Link #68
grecefar

just remember, if you are getting a divorce and suddenly a hot woman/hot guy approach you, just run away.
Old 2024-05-23, 17:46   Link #69
Huh...?

So the Dad learns the truth and probably even the Junior (who works as Honey Trap) as well.

And Sara accidentally destroys Yuna.

Old 2024-05-23, 20:56   Link #70
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
So the Dad learns the truth and probably even the Junior (who works as Honey Trap) as well.

And Sara accidentally destroys Yuna.
Since they both like historical drama, a little bit of Historie won't be hurt. Nevertheless, the humor is hard to comprehend.

https://www.japanesewithanime.com/2019/02/yokumo.html
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-23, 23:08   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I get why Sosuke has a problem with his dad. If he was a scumbag it'd be easier to just cut ties and go his own way. But he knows his dad does love him and is capable of being a good guy. So it just further hurts seeing his dad work in a way that just doesn't mesh with Sosuke's morals. His dad can call it a rebellious phase, but it's simply a difference in where they draw the line. I can't see Sosuke ever going back.

Which I suppose is why his father settled for just asking his son to call him "dad" instead of something like Sosuke coming back to work for him. He's a good enough to know how far he can push. Sosuke either would have turned him down or would have only done it with extreme reluctance and wouldn't be too effective at work anyways.

Certainly gave Detective Seductress a heart attack by the way he was updating her about Sosuke's situation . Plus she calls her boss an idiot, but she's no better!

The friendship with Sara and Yuna is (was?) sweet. The transfer was almost good result too! While bullying isn't happening any longer, the isolation certainly wouldn't be all that much fun. Poor Yuna though! Went through all the effort to transfer and was so excited only to have her hopes crushed! That honestly sucks for Yuna. I mean technically she's not worse off since she still has no friends to go to school with, but still... Sara's going to have quite the time mending that fence!

As for Livia...well that part happened . I totally respect the band girl dumping as many grasshoppers onto the other plate as possible! I'm sure it's perfectly fine when cooked. But...there's just some lines I don't want to ever cross during my life!
Old 2024-05-24, 13:03   Link #72
grecefar

well, after this chapter is safe to say that haruka has absolute 0 chance to be sosuke wife, she is everything he hates.

anyway, too bad at the end for yuna, I mean if they were doing all the process they could've add another year to sara, it's not big deal and she is really mature and a genius. Or let her skip year quickly so she can be with her in middle school.
Old 2024-05-24, 21:35   Link #73
Strahan

I don't think I could do the grasshoppers either, hehe. I don't care how great they taste; the psychological aspect would keep me from eating them. I don't like my food to still have all its body parts, yuck lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I mean if they were doing all the process they could've add another year to sara
That was my thought too. You're faking a birth certificate in the first place; it's not like you're actually beholden to any specific date. Should've just made her the age she thought she was so she'd be with her friend.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-25, 00:33   Link #74
scififan

I just realized the first name and the middle name Sara D Odin (サラ・ダ・オディン) means "salad"(サラダ).
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-25, 10:02   Link #75
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
That was my thought too. You're faking a birth certificate in the first place; it's not like you're actually beholden to any specific date. Should've just made her the age she thought she was so she'd be with her friend.
A lot of times, when someone who doesn't usually fake stuff, end up faking something.
They tend to unconsciously give every info true/accurate, other than the point they are faking.

Old 2024-05-26, 03:26   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I get why Sosuke has a problem with his dad. If he was a scumbag it'd be easier to just cut ties and go his own way. But he knows his dad does love him and is capable of being a good guy. So it just further hurts seeing his dad work in a way that just doesn't mesh with Sosuke's morals. His dad can call it a rebellious phase, but it's simply a difference in where they draw the line. I can't see Sosuke ever going back.

Which I suppose is why his father settled for just asking his son to call him "dad" instead of something like Sosuke coming back to work for him. He's a good enough to know how far he can push. Sosuke either would have turned him down or would have only done it with extreme reluctance and wouldn't be too effective at work anyways.

Certainly gave Detective Seductress a heart attack by the way he was updating her about Sosuke's situation . Plus she calls her boss an idiot, but she's no better!

The friendship with Sara and Yuna is (was?) sweet. The transfer was almost good result too! While bullying isn't happening any longer, the isolation certainly wouldn't be all that much fun. Poor Yuna though! Went through all the effort to transfer and was so excited only to have her hopes crushed! That honestly sucks for Yuna. I mean technically she's not worse off since she still has no friends to go to school with, but still... Sara's going to have quite the time mending that fence!
On the upside, Yuna can insist Sara call her "senpai" or even better: "onee-sama".

Quote:
As for Livia...well that part happened . I totally respect the band girl dumping as many grasshoppers onto the other plate as possible! I'm sure it's perfectly fine when cooked. But...there's just some lines I don't want to ever cross during my life!
I've eaten crickets. I probably wouldn't have a problem with grasshopper tempura, even if the legs look rather unappetizing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-30, 14:18   Link #77
Huh...?

Another good episode.

And next week we again focus on our resident eye-candy.

Old 2024-05-30, 16:27   Link #78
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-05-30, 17:54   Link #79
grecefar

the question why they lied about sara's age and why she broke her promise was answered in this chapter and was BS. In the end sara didn't even apologized and it was sousuke who had to clear the air between them. Well, sara is oblivious about relationship and the most she had livia that was her retaineer, yuna is actually her first friend. She was bound to make a mistake like breaking that promise.

anyway at least yuna found her calling and maybe sousuke found and future pupil.
Old 2024-05-30, 19:12   Link #80
HandofFate

oh god the grasshopper tempura.
i guess anything tastes good fried in tempura..
and I know of grasshopper flour..but feel like the legs would hard to chew but looks like Livia just eats everything whole with no prep.