AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2024-01-24, 16:58   Link #1001
GDB

Either Ruby or Kana. Especially if everyone's praising her rising ability/power to bring the best out of others and such.

Or Akane, since he's already made contact with her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 18:56   Link #1002
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
not surprising Kamiki already knew, since it looked like Nino was leaking info to him a few chapters ago anyway.

I suppose at some point they're going to try to make a real attempt on Ruby's life. Anything less would be a disappointment with all this slow buildup.
What's surprising is that Kaburagi apparently knew who the father of the twins was all along. The very first person he asked for information fucking knew everything and sent him on a wild goose chase.

Unless Aqua told him recently, which I doubt.
Old 2024-01-24, 18:58   Link #1003
GDB

I'd assume he has access to the full script, and likely talked things over with Aqua in regards to who they might need permission from to use the names of. And even if he didn't talk things over, the script alone, and knowing when/where Ai met him, would easily single him out with just a little research.
Old 2024-01-24, 19:05   Link #1004
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd assume he has access to the full script, and likely talked things over with Aqua in regards to who they might need permission from to use the names of. And even if he didn't talk things over, the script alone, and knowing when/where Ai met him, would easily single him out with just a little research.
Kamiki said he was indebted to Kaburagi. Kaburagi was completely relaxed while having a one on one conversation with a person he knows or at least strongly suspects is a serial killer.

He knew.
Old 2024-01-24, 19:43   Link #1005
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Making conspiracy theories about Oshi no Ko is not very rewarding. Aka likes to troll with cliffhangers that lead nowhere.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 21:46   Link #1006
Wandering Soul

RIP Himekawa's car. Only lasted about 6 pages and taken before its time. The secret came out rather casually, even if Memcho completely misunderstood it.
Old 2024-02-07, 11:37   Link #1007
Twi

New chapter is out. Acting time. We see Aqua slip into his father's shoes and Ruby has a brocon moment. Got real creepy at the end with Frill going full Shota Eater mode.
Old 2024-02-07, 12:16   Link #1008
Shadow5YA

I suppose the angle we're seeing here is that Himekawa's mother took advantage of Kamiki first, but she failed to kill him and died instead, which led Kamiki to do the same thing to Ai and other victims?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-02-07 at 12:41.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-07, 19:00   Link #1009
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ruby is hopeless

Quote:
I suppose the angle we're seeing here is that Himekawa's mother took advantage of Kamiki first, but she failed to kill him and died instead, which led Kamiki to do the same thing to Ai and other victims?
Everything we're seeing here is Aqua's conjecture, which might as well be fanfiction. He could be right, or he could be completely wrong.

I'm a firm believer Kamiki is a reincarnator, in which case there's a strong likelihood he was the one who seduced the mother. Obviously, that doesn't make her any less of a pedo, but in this scenario it means Kamiki was not the victim Aqua is portraying him as. One piece of evidence Aqua is wrong is that Kamiki had black stars when he met Ai in real life, whereas Aqua portrays him with white stars.

To be honest I'm very surprised Aqua is choosing to portray him that way, since he appears very sympathetic here. We'll have to see how he handles the killings.
Old 2024-02-11, 03:46   Link #1010
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So called it, Kamiki is a red herring.
Old 2024-02-11, 05:55   Link #1011
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

He is not as we saw him killing the actress a bunch of chapters ago. But we may get a more elaborate explanation why he is doing it.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 10:28   Link #1012
Twi

We're still talking Chapter 139, right?

All that did was show the interpretation of how he was sexually abused by the Himekawa's mother being a creeper. He still willingly killed a woman several chapters ago.
Old 2024-02-11, 12:50   Link #1013
GDB

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything in this chapter that changes my perception of Kamiki as a character. The most I can see happening is it'll show that he only "accidentally" gets Taiki's parents killed by telling the husband out of guilt, and it awakening something inside of him that sets him on a path of constantly murdering other up and coming entertainers.

But then I'm sure it'll end up that he was twisted all along and Aqua was being too generous in his portrayal.
Old 2024-02-12, 19:41   Link #1014
Shadow5YA

Raws for ch140 have been out for a while, so they could have been talking about that.

All I will say without relating anything to the chapter is that a red herring is technically possible since it was never proven that Kamiki was responsible for Ai's murder yet.
However, even if he didn't, it still wouldn't change that he killed other female entertainers so he'd still be a murderer regardless.
Old 2024-02-14, 11:06   Link #1015
Kazu-kun

Well, chapter 140 is out, and I've no clue why some people think Kamiki is not a murderer. The chapter doesn't say anything about that. All it does is setting up the relationship between Ai and Kamiki. We knew they had a relationship and Aqua's movie is setting that up and justifying it. It does so by providing a common ground between the too. They bonded over the fact that both were putting up a facade (a lie) to everyone else.

But that's all the chapter is doing. In no way does the chapter imply Kamiki wasn't a murderer.
Old 2024-02-14, 19:07   Link #1016
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, chapter 140 is out, and I've no clue why some people think Kamiki is not a murderer. The chapter doesn't say anything about that. All it does is setting up the relationship between Ai and Kamiki. We knew they had a relationship and Aqua's movie is setting that up and justifying it. It does so by providing a common ground between the too. They bonded over the fact that both were putting up a facade (a lie) to everyone else.

But that's all the chapter is doing. In no way does the chapter imply Kamiki wasn't a murderer.
Yeah, I have no clue where that came from.

And, again, what we're seeing right now is just Aqua's fanfiction. He has no way to know how Kamiki actually felt or what his relationships with Ai and Airi were like. The point is to mislead people into thinking he was a victim and it's apparently working.

I said he was a reincarnator before, but now I think it's more likely he's like Tsukuyomi and is a God who chose to be reborn as a human to enjoy his twisted games.
Old 2024-02-14, 19:37   Link #1017
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And, again, what we're seeing right now is just Aqua's fanfiction. He has no way to know how Kamiki actually felt or what his relationships with Ai and Airi were like.
Ai talked about Kamiki in the videos she left behind for Aqua in chapter 130.

They also mentioned on multiple occasions that Gotanda fixed up Aqua's script, so you could argue this is as much of his fanfiction as Aqua's.
In chapter 135, we see that he was responsible for adding real events that happened but left the emotional reaction/interpretation to said events up to the actors.

If assuming that all the actions/events are true, then Airi still had an illicit relationship with a minor, regardless of how Kamiki reacted to it.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-02-14 at 22:55.
Old 2024-02-15, 07:23   Link #1018
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
If assuming that all the actions/events are true, then Airi still had an illicit relationship with a minor, regardless of how Kamiki reacted to it.
I'm not arguing against that. I just don't think Kamiki was an innocent boy who got traumatized/corrupted by Airi.
Old 2024-02-15, 08:49   Link #1019
Kazu-kun

Ultimately, the only relevant question is whether Kamiki became a murderer due to Airi's abuse or was already a nut case from the get go.

But to be honest, I don't think the answer would make a huge difference. Because, even if Kamiki did become a murderer due to Airi's abuse, that would not absolve him of his crimes. He would still be the same murdering psycho we know.

He might be a reincarnator or a god, but I don't think that would add anything interesting to the story.
Old 2024-02-15, 14:20   Link #1020
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not arguing against that. I just don't think Kamiki was an innocent boy who got traumatized/corrupted by Airi.
Not arguing against that either.

But if Ai was smart enough to see through him that far back, then that brings into question why she would willingly tell him her address and leave herself open to being hunted down like that.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy