AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-06, 05:24   Link #36441
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

20 tickets, 330 quartz. NP2 Shinpachi, Mori went from NP1 to NP5, no Kenshin.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-06, 12:09   Link #36442
Rizare

No Kenshin for me as well. I won't use everything and wait for Christmas. If that gacha isn't interesting, then new year.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-07, 07:16   Link #36443
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

20 tickets, 90SQs for Kama a few days ago.
27 tickets, 400SQs for Skadi today.

I have very little left but at least I got them. I have all the major support servants now. I'll do the GSSR and then back to full saving mode until Summer Skadi or Lady Avalon (whoever comes first). No clue which banner I'm going to choose for the GSSR though, as I don't have a particular target in mind.
Old 2023-12-08, 03:38   Link #36444
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Does this event have a part 2? 8 Days feels awfully short...

That being said... I want to see Santa Tell now.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 08:35   Link #36445
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Does this event have a part 2? 8 Days feels awfully short...

That being said... I want to see Santa Tell now.
Nope, the event duration is really that short. Because after this is Tunguska, a main interlude as long as CCC.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-08, 09:58   Link #36446
grecefar

Sigh... no skadi for me and like usual I'm going to sulk for a while and skip this event.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 04:48   Link #36447
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I wish they'd delay Tunguska and instead gave us more time on the event... Christmas is about peace not "hurry up already!"

At least it explains the main Servants. Putting Boudica and Santa Marta aside, each of the Servants in the farming team could easily Solo the event. Especially Percival.

E;: When you think you've seen everything, Percival arrives to loop farm sphinxes...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2023-12-10 at 09:14.
Old 2023-12-11, 01:05   Link #36448
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I wish they'd dropped Christmas a few days earlier. Not like there was that much going on in-game. But instead it's just a really tight finish to the year!

Instead it's just "go, go, go!"
Old 2023-12-11, 04:21   Link #36449
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Silhouette of new Servant in upcoming Xmas event. It's the last Servant for the year and also a welfare Servant. Still haven't finished Traum all this time though, I'm at chapter 11 I think. Gotta rush because you need to read the main story of the event to get the new Servant.

Guess I'll try one last time for Kenshin.
Old 2023-12-12, 14:03   Link #36450
Rizare

Ended up pulling Kenshin from bond 13 zerkerlot. With that, unless they bring back a nice SSR, I should be set for new year gacha.
Old 2023-12-12, 14:39   Link #36451
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I just realized... We got Sphinx milk... The middle part of a sphynx is a Lion... At this point I wonder if he Nasu actually wanted to give us fox (read: Cat) milk and someone stopped him.
That would at least explain why the entire sequence, including the aftermath, felt so out of place.

Old 2023-12-13, 19:03   Link #36452
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, with this event referencing Emiya's "alter ego" Santam, which was Fate/Extra content, does this mean Nameless and Emiya are the same person?

I remember it being a hot topic in the past (maybe FGO had already settled it), with people arguing that they weren't and Nameless' past is different. To me, Nameless was always meant to be Emiya post-UBW, the dialogue against the secret Rin/Archer boss seemed to make that pretty clear.

Oh, and is he in this third ascension for everyone in this event because they finally realized his first ascension pose made him look idiotic during normal conversations (dude was holding a sword at your throat the whole time), or does it depend on whether you have him?
Old 2023-12-13, 22:20   Link #36453
Rizare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, and is he in this third ascension for everyone in this event because they finally realized his first ascension pose made him look idiotic during normal conversations (dude was holding a sword at your throat the whole time), or does it depend on whether you have him?
I never heard of VN sprite being dependent on how reader's settings. And that point about weird sprite for viewer is just how the game works. We know Type-Moon has some awareness about because the Lion King has a different VN sprite from normal lancer Artoria or how Kuro both has a sprite with the swords in gameplay and a normal one without the swords. Otherwise, pretty much have to accept that as weird FGO quirk.
Old 2023-12-14, 00:57   Link #36454
XFire
150% done

Quote:
So, with this event referencing Emiya's "alter ego" Santam, which was Fate/Extra content, does this mean Nameless and Emiya are the same person?

I remember it being a hot topic in the past (maybe FGO had already settled it), with people arguing that they weren't and Nameless' past is different. To me, Nameless was always meant to be Emiya post-UBW, the dialogue against the secret Rin/Archer boss seemed to make that pretty clear.

Nameless is a version of EMIYA, the Heroic Spirit. His past seems to be somewhat different, but the two of them likely got folded into the same existence. Kinda like how some Heroic Spirits don't know their past because there are multiple versions of their story
Old 2023-12-14, 05:30   Link #36455
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

After scraping 30 quartz from strengthening quests I haven't done and bond quartz from farming to reach max points, I got Shinpachi to NP4 and no Kenshin at all.
Still need to finish the other quests for Saika's NP levels, plus need to go through Traum. Let's hope I can skip the New Year Servant. Then I remember I lucked out completely and got Kotomine earlier this year with 1 ticket so I didn't really skip him.
Old 2023-12-15, 13:24   Link #36456
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
I never heard of VN sprite being dependent on how reader's settings. And that point about weird sprite for viewer is just how the game works. We know Type-Moon has some awareness about because the Lion King has a different VN sprite from normal lancer Artoria or how Kuro both has a sprite with the swords in gameplay and a normal one without the swords. Otherwise, pretty much have to accept that as weird FGO quirk.
I guess it's just coincidence they changed his default sprite right after I got him then. Not sure why they didn't do it before, that pose is a lot better and it's not like it's a spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Nameless is a version of EMIYA, the Heroic Spirit. His past seems to be somewhat different, but the two of them likely got folded into the same existence. Kinda like how some Heroic Spirits don't know their past because there are multiple versions of their story
Makes sense.

I have a bit of hard time wrapping my head around it though. Can servants from the Throne access records from the Moon Cell? I know the Throne exists outside of time, but the Moon Cell only exists in the Extra-verse. Unless that was retconned since then.
Old 2023-12-15, 16:14   Link #36457
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I guess it's just coincidence they changed his default sprite right after I got him then. Not sure why they didn't do it before, that pose is a lot better and it's not like it's a spoiler.

Makes sense.

I have a bit of hard time wrapping my head around it though. Can servants from the Throne access records from the Moon Cell? I know the Throne exists outside of time, but the Moon Cell only exists in the Extra-verse. Unless that was retconned since then.
Extra and it's timelines are still part of the greater Nasuverse. As far as I know everything besides Prototype and Notes is part of the Pan-Human History thing. Prototype is another universe kinda like Servantverse, and Notes is a dead world line that got pruned.
Old 2023-12-15, 18:09   Link #36458
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Extra and it's timelines are still part of the greater Nasuverse. As far as I know everything besides Prototype and Notes is part of the Pan-Human History thing. Prototype is another universe kinda like Servantverse, and Notes is a dead world line that got pruned.
That's not what I was asking. I was wondering if the Throne and the Moon Cell could basically communicate. But now that I think about it, it may not be necessary for Emiya and Nameless to get folded into one. Nameless being recorded in the Moon Cell doesn't mean the Throne couldn't record him as well. But in that case, he and the other Extra servants shouldn't have any memories of Extra, but they kinda do... granted, it's mostly jokes.
Old 2023-12-18, 05:39   Link #36459
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://news.fate-go.jp/2023/christmas2023/

Welfare is Nemo(Santa). Still a Rider.
Event starts on Dec 20, 9am JST. Pretty rare for an event to start in the morning instead of the evening. It'll last until the end of the year.

I...still haven't touched Traum yet. I'll do something about it during the event.
Old 2023-12-18, 12:27   Link #36460
Rizare

Something of note if I don't get it wrong is 90 and 90+ are available right away, but they change each day until the 26th. 90++ will only become available from that day onward then. So it's nice that 90 and 90+ are available from the beginning, although kinda annoying to have to deal with daily change.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon