AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-03-13, 09:13   Link #281
zztop

I came across some scans of the currently ongoing Yashahime manga adapatation by Shiina Takashi.

What's interesting is that it's not a 1-1 coverage of the anime; rather it reads like an alternate take on the anime. It still follows the anime’s story structure, but the mangaka rewrites much of the anime’s events and streamlines the story pacing into (what I find to be) a tighter narrative, instead of the rather draggy episodic nature of the anime.

Like how
Spoiler for Manga version spoilers:

Viz is going to officially release the manga on Jun 21st as well, thought I'd just let everyone know.
https://www.viz.com/read/manga/yasha...1/product/7097
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 20:39   Link #282
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Anticlimactic:
Old 2022-03-19, 21:02   Link #283
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, pretty anticlimatic, but well, I don't expect anything from this anime anymore, so I'm not disappointed. Laugh or cry, at least we are finally at the last episode next time.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-20, 10:41   Link #284
Tenzen12

Nothing world breaking, but overall solid finale. Pretty much only weak spot of show were its half-point. It's obvious Rumiko Takahashi improved a lot since her Inuyasha days.
Old 2022-03-26, 12:40   Link #285
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-26, 20:45   Link #286
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it was good to see Inuyasha and Moroha fighting together but kind of wonder what going to happen when Sota have to tell what happen to Towa he cant keep up with her being sick

6/10 It seem they struggled fill in the story a bit and the ending seems to be abit forced it would of been better if they did another cour to pan out the villain a bit more
Old 2022-03-27, 12:57   Link #287
Tenzen12

It was good show. Not anime of year, but good nonetheless. And while not necessary It would be nice get second season one day.
Old 2022-03-28, 14:25   Link #288
Alchemist007
*Author

This ultimately did feel like Inuyasha-lite, and that would be fine if it kept the new villains interesting but the teacher was pretty much a let down, the main body was just boring, and Riku sort of floundered.

The show did have its moments when things were less serious, which was also a positive quality of Inuyasha.

7/10
Old 2022-04-10, 09:04   Link #289
alex_drian

I had fun. Good show for me. Everyone concluded their character arcs and goals were reached. I kinda want more but with Kirinmaru dead and the goals reached there is the risk of bring back Naraku so probably no.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-13, 23:54   Link #290
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hanyo no Yashahime. Final Thoughts

I did it!

I cannot believe it, but as of today I have watched all two seasons of Yashahime.

TBH, I disliked this spin-off sequel to InuYasha, even though the first episode did a good job at bridging the epilogue to InuYasha with the beginning of Yashahime. However, everything else after that was an overbearing dump.

Towa's character I hated her the most because to me felt angelical and without flaws.

Setsuna, on the other hand, had potential given that for more than half of the plot she was memory-less, but her potential was developed poorly or in an anti-climatic manner.

Moroha, perhaps, put a smile on my face with her laid-back personality and flawed disposition making me laugh with her antics and misfortunes.

Moreover, the easiness at how the girls received their power-ups became both appalling and frustrating to me contrasting to how much struggle and effort InuYasha had to put up to reach his power-ups like, for example, the Kongou-soha and the Meidou Zangetsuha in the first series.

The only thing that kept me anchored and motivated to watch this dumpster was Sesshoumaru's pressence whom was given more screen time throughout both seasons, and later on Rin for the last batch of season two episodes.
Sesshoumaru X Rin shipping fans truly appreciated and enjoyed those moments went the two characters got to be together onscreen.

Like everybody else posted before the resolution for Rion and Kirinmaru happened in amicable yet anti-climatic terms that I felt I was cheated on due that wasn't earned.

Well, enough of this rant. I'm just glad to be done at last with this trainwreck, and it took me an additional year to finish the show due at being lazy for not keeping pace when season two episodes got released. However, it proved that Yashahime was a low priority ride on my list.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-12, 09:04   Link #291
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I did it!

I cannot believe it, but as of today I have watched all two seasons of Yashahime.

TBH, I disliked this spin-off sequel to InuYasha, even though the first episode did a good job at bridging the epilogue to InuYasha with the beginning of Yashahime. However, everything else after that was an overbearing dump.

Towa's character I hated her the most because to me felt angelical and without flaws.

Setsuna, on the other hand, had potential given that for more than half of the plot she was memory-less, but her potential was developed poorly or in an anti-climatic manner.

Moroha, perhaps, put a smile on my face with her laid-back personality and flawed disposition making me laugh with her antics and misfortunes.

Moreover, the easiness at how the girls received their power-ups became both appalling and frustrating to me contrasting to how much struggle and effort InuYasha had to put up to reach his power-ups like, for example, the Kongou-soha and the Meidou Zangetsuha in the first series.

The only thing that kept me anchored and motivated to watch this dumpster was Sesshoumaru's pressence whom was given more screen time throughout both seasons, and later on Rin for the last batch of season two episodes.
Sesshoumaru X Rin shipping fans truly appreciated and enjoyed those moments went the two characters got to be together onscreen.

Like everybody else posted before the resolution for Rion and Kirinmaru happened in amicable yet anti-climatic terms that I felt I was cheated on due that wasn't earned.

Well, enough of this rant. I'm just glad to be done at last with this trainwreck, and it took me an additional year to finish the show due at being lazy for not keeping pace when season two episodes got released. However, it proved that Yashahime was a low priority ride on my list.
Strongly suggest you read the manga adaptation of Yashahime instead, since it cuts out much of the bloat and rewrites much of the anime plotline into something more palatable; the manga is what the anime should have been.
https://www.viz.com/vizmanga/chapter...ess-half-demon

Also, the manga version's story and art are by Shiina Takashi, creator of series such as Ghost Sweeper Mikami and Psychic Squad (aka. Zettai Karen Children in Japan).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-12, 13:03   Link #292
SILENTANIMELOVER

Same here. The anime was nice, but I find the manga way more fun. And Takashi Shiina makes it even better.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote