AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-08-13, 04:05   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1090 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

My bad, guys.... I didn't get the memo that there would be any super early spoiler leaks, lol. Anyway, a fan TL is out now, but here's a summary nonetheless:

-Chapter title is "Admiral Kizaru". Splash features a blast from the past, Captain Kuro.

-It's Luffy's turn to negotiate with the elders! He wants the marines to withdraw in exchange for York's safety. The elders try to probe him on the crew's current condition, but Robin stops him from spilling the beans. After the call is cut off, Saturn says there are three things they must prioritize: The respective safety of York, the Punk Records (aka the vast collective knowledge of Vegapunk), and the power plant used to create the Mother Flame. Everything else.... is expendable.

-Back in the mainland, it's confirmed that of the six Vegapunks, the satellites Shaka and Pythagoras are DEAD. Everyone else is busy recovering. Even the imprisoned CP agents have been freed by the Straw-Hats! However, as for the Seraphims, they've been contained in special bubbles, the same kind used by the Pacifista Mk. III. As it turns out, these bubbles have the same properties of sea stone, making them practically impossible to escape from! Interestingly, we also find out how everyone was freed from S-Snake's petrification: She did it upon Luffy's request. Since she's a clone of Hancock, she shares her affection for him, heh. Unfortunately, there's still another issue: they still can't deactivate the barrier keeping everyone on lockdown. That's because York changed the password for it, and covered her bases by not sharing it with the Stella's brain.... and naturally, she has no intention of telling anyone what it is now!

-As Stella consults with Nami, the crew discovers that the Log Pose is pointing northeast.... towards the direction of ELBAF! They also come up with an escape plan: Since the Sunny is docked on the roof, they can use the Vega Force 01 robot to fly them over the blockade.... but it can't fly outside of Egghead's borders. Franky chimes in that he can take over by using the ship's Coup de Burst to escape the fleet! Of course, this plan hinges on the barriers getting shut down, but since York won't cough up the password, the other Punks have no choice but to hack their way out of this situation! Everyone else sets off to make the remaining preparations for their escape....

-Back at the shores, it's revealed that Rob Lucci was secretly feeding info to the fleet about the island's current situation! Saturn suggests Kizaru uses his powers to infiltrate the island, but the admiral is reluctant because that means he has to confront Sentoumaru.... who he considers a friend. Plus, he doesn't want to risk the fleet getting destroyed by the army of Pacifistas and mechanized sea beasts. Still, there is a silver lining for them: Lucci sent them a direct route to the power plant. Armed with that info, the fleet prepare for battle, and Kizaru sets off for the mainland! Awaiting him is Sentoumaru, who blocks his first strike! This catches Luffy's attention, who notes that a powerful opponent has now arrived on the island...!!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 07:59   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Man, if Sentomaru can hold Kizaru long enough, I bet it will be either Zoro or Sanji who will go down to fight him. They should be in the League of Admirals, and beating Kizaru means Straw Hat Pirates will have a force equal to the Marine's Top Brass.

Personally, I would prefer either Zoro or Sanji, but if Luffy decides to chime in, then it's a good opportunity for him to show that he's in the same league as the Admirals now.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 08:21   Link #3
grecefar

Zoro would be the best since kizaru uses swords too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 10:25   Link #4
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Zoro's matching opponent is currently Issho, though. I look forward to either Sanji or Jinbe to fight Kizaru, they have the best matchup.
Old 2023-08-13, 13:22   Link #5
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, S-Snake apparently also likes Luffy, Lucci as expected is leaking information, the Mugiwara will go to Elbaf (I wonder if they will find Shanks or the remains of Kid and his crew (assuming that one manages to survive)), Sentomaru stopped an attack from Kizaru (although I wonder if his defense was so good, because Lucci was able to hit him before) and Luffy sensing someone powerful, maybe it's Kizaru (maybe he's a little traumatized by what happened ago 2 years) or it is Saturn who perhaps also entered the island, the bad thing is that next week there will be no chapter again, but I know that Oda surely does not do it lazy, well to wait for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 17:02   Link #6
WyrdMonger

Does anyone else think Doberman might be a God’s Knight? Or at least a member of a special group of Vice Admirals that answer directly to the Five Elders?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-15, 19:59   Link #7
Rainbowman

Main highlight: Elbaf being the next destination.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-18, 17:02   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
The only time he used a sword was to counter Rayleigh who is a swordsman.

His fighting style is all about speed, and who is the fastest member of the Straw-hat, so fast he can't even been seen with the naked eye?
Old 2023-08-19, 00:38   Link #9
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only time he used a sword was to counter Rayleigh who is a swordsman.

His fighting style is all about speed, and who is the fastest member of the Straw-hat, so fast he can't even been seen with the naked eye?
Well, it's obviously Sanji. Since Kizaru's fighting style mostly didn't use any weapons, he's a perfect opponent for Sanji who only uses kick.
Old 2023-08-19, 14:18   Link #10
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Well, it's obviously Sanji. Since Kizaru's fighting style mostly didn't use any weapons, he's a perfect opponent for Sanji who only uses kick.
I just don't feel like Sanji can fight at admiral level, he hardly uses haki for his fights.
Luffy and Zoro have had fights that really tested their haki and developed it
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-19, 18:13   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
I just don't feel like Sanji can fight at admiral level, he hardly uses haki for his fights.
Luffy and Zoro have had fights that really tested their haki and developed it
Maybe Sanji and Zoro can set aside their differences for a while and work together against him.

After taking down an Emperor, I feel like Luffy's next major fight being against an Admiral would be a step down. Not to mention the Five Elders are confirmed to be warriors, so Saturn isn't just going to sit there and do nothing.

Sanji and Zoro took down Commanders in one on one fights. You think eight Vice Admirals are going to be enough to keep them occupied? And let's not forget Jinbe. Despite vastly outnumbering the Straw-hats, the Marines feel like the underdogs to me. That's just how far the crew has come.
Old 2023-08-19, 20:28   Link #12
grecefar

I just feel that kizaru is the strongest after akainu. Issho was underwhelming, as opponent for zoro would be a downgrade and aramaki is a pushover.

Last edited by grecefar; 2023-08-19 at 20:45.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-19, 20:32   Link #13
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe Sanji and Zoro can set aside their differences for a while and work together against him.
that's out of Zoro's character to go on a fight two on one especially with a guy that's more or less of his level. Kizaru is probably the 3rd(Akainu 1st, Aokiji 2nd)strongest admiral, Zoro could definitely beat him one on one at this point. Plus you don't think Zoro wants his lick back from that Sabaody archipelago situation where Kizaru was about to kill him? now Jinbe and Sanji vs Kizaru is more or less a fair fight.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-21, 07:39   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Finally we can settle this against Kizaru. I hated him since Sabaody arc.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote