Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-05-19, 10:19   Link #361
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I highly doubt that. Didn’t people said the same thing about Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san would have a true harem? But look how that turned out. Unless the author makes it into fruition, don’t get your hopes up. The above mentioned series I’ve mentioned is proof of that concept.

People are saying the same thing about Mato Seihei no Slave, but we all know who’ll be the overall winner anyway.
Yuuragi's ending was a mistake, seriously should have ended harem. I get the sentiment, some series meant for true harem endings but dont do occur. Tsuki Tsuki was the worst offender, literally setup for harem until MC pussies out in the final volume even leaving the main heroine flabbergasted. That novel was never finished because of the backlash
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-19, 12:37   Link #362
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Yuuragi's ending was a mistake, seriously should have ended harem. I get the sentiment, some series meant for true harem endings but dont do occur. Tsuki Tsuki was the worst offender, literally setup for harem until MC pussies out in the final volume even leaving the main heroine flabbergasted. That novel was never finished because of the backlash
Tsuki Tsuki was such a weird one I'm convinced the author changed what series he wanted to write partway through. The series starting to bleed off its supernatural elements and focus on school drama and such was the first warning sign I suppose.

Yuragi was the unfortunately common "trip at the finish line" thing for manga where the conclusion just retroactively makes the rest of the series worse. Like two of the best arcs, the time shenanigans with the normal girl and the ogre arc with the ninja girl are now just painful to read because of how much the ending hurts them.
Old 2023-05-22, 14:32   Link #363
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
Holy shit this senator is one depraved elf I have to say. And while Kai is basically helpless Doronea is most likely walking straight into a trap. Though what the good senator might not know is that Doronea also has quiet the powerful swing in her.
I'd like to believe that Doronea knows more than she's letting on about the suspicious level of hospitality being extended to her. It's obvious that Doronea will be trapped and subjected to the Senator's whims by hook or by crook (most likely the latter, by use of an intoxicating substance). But who knows, the author of SnN might also just pull some of that infamous "Dwarven constitution" with regards to the needed amount of liquor or poison to get a dwarf drunk or intoxicated and have Doris Valor miscalculate, allowing Doronea to play along and pretend to go along but remain in control of her actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm glad Doronea is getting some focus, though hopefully she won't just end up as a damsel.
I personally was hoping for more attention on Sakura first, or even get a half-chapter with Ligia as the focus. I guess both of those will have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Let's hope that the author of SnN takes a page from Shinmai Maou no Testament and gives us the True Harem ending we seem to have been building towards. SnN's author clearly took a page from Goblin Slayer this chapter, so why not from another series?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 20:04   Link #364
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I agree with you on the True Harem route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'd like to believe that Doronea knows more than she's letting on about the suspicious level of hospitality being extended to her. It's obvious that Doronea will be trapped and subjected to the Senator's whims by hook or by crook (most likely the latter, by use of an intoxicating substance). But who knows, the author of SnN might also just pull some of that infamous "Dwarven constitution" with regards to the needed amount of liquor or poison to get a dwarf drunk or intoxicated and have Doris Valor miscalculate, allowing Doronea to play along and pretend to go along but remain in control of her actions.
I hope you're right about this. I'd hate it if the evil Senator has her way with her.
Old 2023-05-23, 15:23   Link #365
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I agree with you on the True Harem route.
Personally, I'm a little confused as to why True Harem endings (with appropriate build-ups) are so rare in this genre of manga/light novels. Maybe the publishers have something against them?

Quote:
I hope you're right about this. I'd hate it if the evil Senator has her way with her.
If Doris Valor "has her way" with Doronea, it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened in this series. There was the Albion Prince's love interest in the Royal Academy arc who was very much a "soiled dove" turned that way by the evil school nurse (where did she go and is she coming back?). So I wouldn't put it above the author and artist to do so again.

My guess about Doronea faking being intoxicated in a future chapter is just a wild guess though, but it's already clear that Doris Valor is adept at using poison (if a little unfamiliar with Dwarves), because she's keeping her husband incapacitated with something that apparently hasn't already killed him. That's a delicate balancing act to handle.
Old 2023-05-24, 17:54   Link #366
DragonOsman
Dragon King

My understanding is that there are quite a few fans who hate True Harem endings. Both inside and outside Japan (of course, the mangaka has no reason to mind the latter).

Anyway, yeah, it's true that we shouldn't put it past this author to allow Valor to "have her way" with Doronea, but that's exactly why it's valid to be worried.
Old 2023-05-30, 11:22   Link #367
Mazryonh

Quote:
My understanding is that there are quite a few fans who hate True Harem endings. Both inside and outside Japan (of course, the mangaka has no reason to mind the latter).
What reason would those "quite a few" fans have to hate True Harem endings? Is it because they would prefer the story go the OTP route with their preferred waifu? Or is it because they see True Harem endings as a cop-out?

Quote:
Anyway, yeah, it's true that we shouldn't put it past this author to allow Valor to "have her way" with Doronea, but that's exactly why it's valid to be worried.
This author certainly knows how to keep the readers coming back month after month. A heroine getting "soiled" in this series (even if it's at the hands of a character like Doris Valor) might piss off the fans who prefer "pure, virginal waifus" though.
Old 2023-05-30, 21:27   Link #368
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
What reason would those "quite a few" fans have to hate True Harem endings? Is it because they would prefer the story go the OTP route with their preferred waifu? Or is it because they see True Harem endings as a cop-out?
They think it's a cop-out. Some just hate it, I guess.

In my case, I'm okay with OTP endings in series where that's more the way to go.

Quote:
This author certainly knows how to keep the readers coming back month after month. A heroine getting "soiled" in this series (even if it's at the hands of a character like Doris Valor) might piss off the fans who prefer "pure, virginal waifus" though.
Shouldn't take the chance.
Old 2023-06-22, 06:58   Link #369
Morilinde

The investigation is going on and it seems as if Grey was really quiet elusive when it comes to his personal life. No wonder Kai was able to keep up the charade so long. And Doronea walked right into the trap of this elf supremacist senator. Would like to say "as expected". But I think she made one mistake: she didn't keep Doronea chained. Unlike the other girls she has tormented Doronea packs a punch. I expect her to smash those orcs with her fists and then punch that senator's lights out
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-22, 07:35   Link #370
XFire
150% done

I'm pretty sure Doronea is about to go Doomslayer on these poor orcs

Also I wasn't really sure what the crazy chick's deal was originally but she's literally just a full on racial supremist. I had thought maybe she was more of a pure sadist who just liked fucking with people because she hated everyone but looks like it's specifically a racial thing? She'd get along great with those not!Japanese demon dudes who were fighting the Assassin guys.
Old 2023-06-22, 12:41   Link #371
Morilinde

Who says she doesn't get along with the Dala empire. She thinks she is superior to those "lesser races" but also superior to poor elfves in her own country. She is very elitist and she probably aims to kick out the queen on some charges (despite the fact that Kai actually did great work for Albion) She might also be more on the side of the "technology uber alles" ideology and views the god cursed with disdain (just wait until Kai unleashes his powers on her)
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Old 2023-06-22, 14:05   Link #372
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
Who says she doesn't get along with the Dala empire. She thinks she is superior to those "lesser races" but also superior to poor elfves in her own country. She is very elitist and she probably aims to kick out the queen on some charges (despite the fact that Kai actually did great work for Albion) She might also be more on the side of the "technology uber alles" ideology and views the god cursed with disdain (just wait until Kai unleashes his powers on her)
That would certainly fit in with her whole "the gods left so we could flourish" thing
Old 2023-06-23, 08:49   Link #373
Morilinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
That would certainly fit in with her whole "the gods left so we could flourish" thing
I wonder how she would view Kai then. After all he is a Marebito and he has a lot of knowledge from his world (most if way more advanced then what they currently have) And at the same time he is also a god cursed something she probably loathes like several other elves.
Old 2023-06-25, 14:23   Link #374
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I always wonder why people don't get immediately tipped off on Kai being a marebito just by virtue of "Major Gray" being a God Cursed. Has the info on this whole thing been lost that hard? Only a human can be a God Cursed, and there are no humans left in their world, after all.

And yeah, I also expect Doronea to kick those orcs' butts. She also should have no problem doing so while naked.
Old 2023-07-19, 12:11   Link #375
Morilinde

God damn. Now Doronea is gone... And next we will have a tribunal. Good thing is that Kai has the support of the people because he produces results. And let's be honest the results he got were damn good so far.
Old 2023-07-20, 09:54   Link #376
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Is it possible the real Grey's grandmother will take Kai's side for some reason?

And let's not write Doronea off completely yet. I think she'll still be saved somehow.
Old 2023-07-20, 09:58   Link #377
Morilinde

Most likely. I had suspected she would have wrecked that elf's palace for good and she defintely gave her a good scare (not to mention she displayed a loyalty to Kai that took the senator by suprise) And let's not forget where Kai grew up: the modern world where he learned several things like acting like a real salesman and so on. If push comes to shove he might pull of some nice speeches
Old 2023-07-20, 11:32   Link #378
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So do you think Grey's grandmother will take Kai's side or not?
Old 2023-07-21, 17:34   Link #379
Morilinde

Good question. I reread chapter 75 and it seems that the real Grey's father had a falling out with his grandfather. If that has coloured the grandmother's opinion I suspect that his identiy might be revealed. Though considering how the manag started "This is the legend of Grey Enfield told by his best friend Kai" I would assume he overcomes this. We don't know much about his grandparents. If they care more for results his grandmother might be more in favor of him. The worst that can come out of it might be if she begins to ask questions about his early childhood and youth. Or worse having a child portrait of the real Grey

Edit: and I just saw in chapter 76 that I overlooked someone who apparently was spying on the good senator. Wouldn't that be funny when durting the inquiry Doronea bursts in spewing every dirtly little secret she found?
Old 2023-07-24, 11:45   Link #380
DragonOsman
Dragon King

For Doronea to be able to burst in during the inquiry, she'd actually need to make it out of where she was sent first--which I really hope happens soon, anyway. But yeah, someone blabbing about all of the "good" senator's secrets would definitely be so damn sweet.

Yeah, if they ask about Grey's childhood or show pics thereof, Kai's screwed. Though I wonder if they have pictures in that world.

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai