AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-28, 16:24   Link #21
magnuskn

Dang, not a single post about this show after a new episode came out. Sorry for the double post, but I think four days between posts should be excuse enough.

Anyway, I still got the same problem as in my last post with the MC. He's way too calculating with the feelings of people who want to be his friend (Yifa) or could be (Amyu). Also, he's too dang OP as well, basically just letting others do stuff because it suits his needs to get in their good graces.

However, I really like Amyu and Yifa ain't too bad herself. So, staying with the show. I just hope the MC gets a bit of humble pie served to him at some point and some positive character development as well.
Old 2023-01-28, 17:12   Link #22
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And I even thought for a second that the devil character may be a recurring villain, but nope, he was eaten by the OP dragon immediately... which then was instantly demoted to being a "minor summon" by the MC, which makes all his "ZOMG, I don't want to get killed by those below me! Again!" musings to be a bit of a joke.
It's not really about the power, he has the confidence to trash about anyone in 1v1. His problem was, that he ignored politics, intrigue, etc., so the court managed to turn absolutely everyone against him. In the end, he got swarmed and even got his own disciple sicked on him (who he supposedly couldn't bear to kill). In the end, even if he managed to win he would have lost everything important to him and become the enemy of the whole country with nothing to live for.

Quote:
Maybe I just got a problem with way too calculating characters, especially when they obviously use the people who want to be genuinely their friends like pawns in a chess game.
Quote:
Anyway, I still got the same problem as in my last post with the MC. He's way too calculating with the feelings of people who want to be his friend (Yifa) or could be (Amyu). Also, he's too dang OP as well, basically just letting others do stuff because it suits his needs to get in their good graces.

However, I really like Amyu and Yifa ain't too bad herself. So, staying with the show. I just hope the MC gets a bit of humble pie served to him at some point and some positive character development as well.
I quite like his type. He is seriously emotionally scarred because of his last life and he clearly avoids deep feelings for anyone since he is afraid that the same as with his disciple will happen. So he isn't perfect and has a lot of space to battle with his personal problems and potentially grow (though not necessarily in power).

Though I also wish to see some character development with him and I feel like the series is moving in that direction. The only question is, whether it will happen soon enough to fit in the first (and by the common trends only) season.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-28, 17:24   Link #23
magnuskn

Yeah, that tends to be a problem. So far not seeing that this would get a second season. Well, let's hope the MC gets a bit better by the end of this one cour season.
Old 2023-01-29, 21:08   Link #24
grecefar

I thought mc showed some quirks in previous chapter but he came back to the typical OP mc that is perfect at everything.

it's a good thing that I liked amu a lot, and I'm quite interested in the mc summons, I want to see more of them.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-31, 06:23   Link #25
tsunade666

I also didn't like the attitude of the MC that much but I like tsundere MC I only read the manga which isn't that much but I have hopes for this series.
Old 2023-02-04, 19:21   Link #26
grecefar

I would've liked seika telling maybell that she wouldn't hadn't beat amu if she was going all out.

I believe so.
Old 2023-02-04, 21:34   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

Didn't expect that audience reaction when the student got killed .
Old 2023-02-05, 02:07   Link #28
magnuskn

Yeah, that was a bit off.

Anyway, Mable being as strong as Amyu kinda came out of nowhere, given that the show hyped Amyu to be "the next hero". Interesting to see where the show goes next (aside from a tournament arc).
Old 2023-02-05, 13:27   Link #29
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I would've liked seika telling maybell that she wouldn't hadn't beat amu if she was going all out.

I believe so.
That's obvious. But Maybell's (and partially Seika's) viewpoint is, that it doesn't matter. In a real fight, you get a single chance. No one cares whether your opponent wins graciously or kicks you between the legs, then throws sand into your face, and to finish it off his friend kills you from the back with a crossbow. Either way, you are dead and he is the stronger of the two (as dead people aren't particularly strong).

Quote:
Anyway, Mable being as strong as Amyu kinda came out of nowhere, given that the show hyped Amyu to be "the next hero". Interesting to see where the show goes next (aside from a tournament arc).
She is considerably weaker. The difference is, that Maybell has a cutthroat attitude, while Amyu is more of a "knightly" type that is not accustomed to low blows, backstabbing, and sudden attacks.
Old 2023-02-05, 15:58   Link #30
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
She is considerably weaker. The difference is, that Maybell has a cutthroat attitude, while Amyu is more of a "knightly" type that is not accustomed to low blows, backstabbing, and sudden attacks.
Ah, okay. That didn't really come through in the show, though. Well, I guess we'll see it in the next weeks.

This also puts the selection of her and Seika as the contestants in the tournament into context. Seika will shank a bitch and it seems Maybell will, too. Not so much for Amyu. Makes the principal of the school kinda ruthless... or maybe she's just looking out for her students to come home alive.
Old 2023-02-05, 17:31   Link #31
Rasty

^ I might be wrong since I am also an anime-only viewer, but this is what I read from what was shown and from my long years of watching/reading JP content .
Old 2023-02-06, 02:13   Link #32
Lex79

Started warching the series, I too got a similar vibe as the finest assassin reincarnated in regards to the protagonists's attitude. I'm looking forward to see if he'll soften in the next episodes or he'll stay true to his plan to not being emotionally involved with people and only use them. I'm hoping for the former, but we'll see.
Old 2023-02-11, 14:17   Link #33
tsunade666

Watched till episode 6. They are rushing this 2nd arc. It got a bit dicey with satori but I liked what happened.
Old 2023-02-11, 18:36   Link #34
grecefar

It's always funny how a character believes they can win against the OP MC.

And it's funny too how the OP MC humiliate them, maybell needs a lesson.
Old 2023-02-12, 04:22   Link #35
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Watched till episode 6. They are rushing this 2nd arc. It got a bit dicey with satori but I liked what happened.
My sympathies when the protag threatened Satori - he's just following orders from the anime director to salvage a bit of Protag's reputation considering what he just let / ordered Satori to do.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 05:29   Link #36
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Does novel go into detail on each battle? (battles that quickly finished in this episode, I ,meant)
Old 2023-02-12, 06:06   Link #37
magnuskn

Yeah, the MC ain't winning any sympathy points from me today. Fricking yeesh.
Old 2023-02-12, 08:49   Link #38
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
My sympathies when the protag threatened Satori - he's just following orders from the anime director to salvage a bit of Protag's reputation considering what he just let / ordered Satori to do.
He didn't have any choice. He has shown too much to the spy to give him to the authorities (not even speaking about being unable to prove his allegations) and letting him go was clearly not a choice to begin with.
Old 2023-02-12, 09:27   Link #39
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
He didn't have any choice. He has shown too much to the spy to give him to the authorities (not even speaking about being unable to prove his allegations) and letting him go was clearly not a choice to begin with.
Yes, but I'm saying the reason Satori said all that out loud was almost certainly because he received an order from the director to guide the audience's thoughts in that direction, lest they dwell on how our protag used some techniques that would be morally questionable in our modern world, and then had him executed for his convenience to boot.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 22:02   Link #40
Strahan

Meh, I wouldn't lose much sleep having a demon spy executed. Yea, it was a bit extreme in method, but Satori is rather useful so gotta keep it motivated somehow heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
It's always funny how a character believes they can win against the OP MC.

And it's funny too how the OP MC humiliate them, maybell needs a lesson.
Given her cockiness since she was introduced, knocking her down a peg or three would certainly be enjoyable, lol. Especially since she's become hostile to MC, thus removing any need to hold back.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote