Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-10, 09:57   Link #61
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Nope, at best it's just blackmail/coercion, for it to be considered rape there would need to be a lack of consent between both parties and unlawful intercourse and/or penetration.

Keywords: consent, unlawful sexual intercourse or penetration.

First of all, while the curse is considered forceful coercion, the moment Peter gave the ok and chose to have sex with the elf there was consent. Now, notice how he still had the ability to choose what to do, in a real rape situation you don't get that at all, yet he made his choice to focus on the curse instead of accepting his fiancees invite and then take care of it after.

If Peter had been smart he would have just knocked up Lluvelia right then and there (she was pretty willing) and then just to spite the elf and her curse keep it and not fix it, this way he games the system so that while maybe he would have lost the use of his penis, he would still have had a child with the woman he loves and he wouldn't have cheated on her yet again. But he chose to put his penis before her invite and he chose to go along with the elf's demand and willingly gave consent.

Second, while her sneaking into his room and trying to have sex with him while he slept could be considered attempted rape at best, outside of that there wasn't any forced intercourse/insertion between them because once again, in the end he chose to give his consent and willingly had sex with her.

There wasn't any intercourse or penetration that wasn't already accepted by the two consenting parties, even if one of them was coerced, but as said, he had other choices he could have made.

Can you prove, without shadow of a doubt that their sex was done without consent from one of the parties involved and/or that there was also unlawful sexual intercourse or penetration?

As for Pigglett's situation, until we see what happens next episode we can't really make an informed and/or accurate statement. Your speculation about her ending up a victim of rape is unfounded at best, especially since we don't have the full story.
I'm sorry, but that would NOT hold up in a court of law. Mainly because of the fact that he "gave" his so-called "consent" under coercion. Saying "he said OK so he gave consent" is patently absurd. If you threatened bodily harm to someone if they didn't have sex with you, and made it clear that the only way to escape bodily harm was to do it, and they said OK and had sex, that would not be "consent" because they weren't really given a choice, and he wasn't either. The only way to avoid lasting injury (as she took care to point out to him, erections lasting too long have damaging effects, up to potentially crippling the muscles involved in intercourse) was to give her what she wanted. He couldn't "game the system" by just living the rest of his life with a boner, he'd wind up unable to have sex due to the damage caused by the prolonged state. He truly had only two choices: have sex with her specifically or live with the erection until it breaks the parts down enough that he can't even get it up anymore. So yes, I can demonstrate with ease and without any doubt that the penetration was done with consent obtained entirely through coercion. Just to check I went back and scanned the episode again and indeed, Vegan (somehow forgot her name) made a point of his losing the ability to have sex with anyone if he didn't consent, as well as that the only way to undo it would be to release inside of her.

My statement about her being a victim comes from the fact that she's clearly not in a normal state right now. True, she may and probably will afterward say it's fine and even express a desire to do it again, but still giving a person an aphrodisiac that drives them so far that they go from a shrinking violet to aggressive desire would, again, be pretty open-and-shut in modern courts.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2020-08-10 at 10:38.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 12:25   Link #62
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
She cast a curse on him that could only be broken by having sex with her, literally coercing him into intercourse. By law in most countries, that's legally rape. I find her motives to be more sympathetic than the ogre sisters, but that doesn't change the fact that what she did crossed a line other girls do not appear to have crossed. I don't have a vendetta either, I like this show. But sort of like how some people have commented that most characters in many sitcoms are rather scummy and this is part of the enjoyment, both enjoying them being jerks and enjoying them suffering, after my initial disappointment in Peter's lack of willpower, I find myself enjoying his suffering.
Not to mention she hogged the pillow .
Old 2020-08-10, 16:26   Link #63
Magewolf

Quote:
Nope, at best it's just blackmail/coercion, for it to be considered rape there would need to be a lack of consent between both parties and unlawful intercourse and/or penetration.

Keywords: consent, unlawful sexual intercourse or penetration.

First of all, while the curse is considered forceful coercion, the moment Peter gave the ok and chose to have sex with the elf there was consent. Now, notice how he still had the ability to choose what to do, in a real rape situation you don't get that at all, yet he made his choice to focus on the curse instead of accepting his fiancees invite and then take care of it after.

If Peter had been smart he would have just knocked up Lluvelia right then and there (she was pretty willing) and then just to spite the elf and her curse keep it and not fix it, this way he games the system so that while maybe he would have lost the use of his penis, he would still have had a child with the woman he loves and he wouldn't have cheated on her yet again. But he chose to put his penis before her invite and he chose to go along with the elf's demand and willingly gave consent.

Second, while her sneaking into his room and trying to have sex with him while he slept could be considered attempted rape at best, outside of that there wasn't any forced intercourse/insertion between them because once again, in the end he chose to give his consent and willingly had sex with her.

There wasn't any intercourse or penetration that wasn't already accepted by the two consenting parties, even if one of them was coerced, but as said, he had other choices he could have made.

Can you prove, without shadow of a doubt that their sex was done without consent from one of the parties involved and/or that there was also unlawful sexual intercourse or penetration?

As for Pigglett's situation, until we see what happens next episode we can't really make an informed and/or accurate statement. Your speculation about her ending up a victim of rape is unfounded at best, especially since we don't have the full story.
So if a person holds a knife to someones throat and tells them to have sex with them and they agree then it is not rape? But if they just hold them down and do it it is?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 17:49   Link #64
Tenzen12

Law can differ based on country, but for examply in US coercion does indeed negate consent.
I would assume different countries are similiar in that regard to various degree, because it's pretty much common sense.
Old 2020-08-10, 22:05   Link #65
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm sorry, but that would NOT hold up in a court of law. Mainly because of the fact that he "gave" his so-called "consent" under coercion. Saying "he said OK so he gave consent" is patently absurd. If you threatened bodily harm to someone if they didn't have sex with you, and made it clear that the only way to escape bodily harm was to do it, and they said OK and had sex, that would not be "consent" because they weren't really given a choice, and he wasn't either. The only way to avoid lasting injury (as she took care to point out to him, erections lasting too long have damaging effects, up to potentially crippling the muscles involved in intercourse) was to give her what she wanted. He couldn't "game the system" by just living the rest of his life with a boner, he'd wind up unable to have sex due to the damage caused by the prolonged state. He truly had only two choices: have sex with her specifically or live with the erection until it breaks the parts down enough that he can't even get it up anymore. So yes, I can demonstrate with ease and without any doubt that the penetration was done with consent obtained entirely through coercion. Just to check I went back and scanned the episode again and indeed, Vegan (somehow forgot her name) made a point of his losing the ability to have sex with anyone if he didn't consent, as well as that the only way to undo it would be to release inside of her.

My statement about her being a victim comes from the fact that she's clearly not in a normal state right now. True, she may and probably will afterward say it's fine and even express a desire to do it again, but still giving a person an aphrodisiac that drives them so far that they go from a shrinking violet to aggressive desire would, again, be pretty open-and-shut in modern courts.
First of all let's point out that using real world laws on a medieval setting in a fictional magical world makes no sense, you have to take into account that we don't know how magic would fit into our world's laws since by our real world logic there would be no way to prove he has in fact been cursed, so saying "it won't hold up in a court of law" makes no sense since our worlds court of law wouldn't even know how to begin to deal with this kind of situation and our world's laws would not completely translate to their world.

I will admit that it was my mistake for not thinking about how real world logic would not apply (granted I was half asleep at the time of writing that) to the setting in the first place, which given by what we have seen so far, it's not very likely that they would completely apply.

Now, we also can't just decide what kind of laws their world has, but we can speculate what her actions would entail, what outcomes can be derived from said actions and what she gains and loses from them. Even so I will stand by saying that what you need to focus on when claiming rape is the terms consent and unlawful insertion and penetration against someones will since they are what directly classify an action as rape and I feel like this would carry over anywhere.

Let's analyze her actions and motivations:

Her goal is to get the seed of the strongest man in the world to strengthen her people, now, what would she gain from actually going through and destroying his penis? Who's to say that she would have actually let it happen? She was clearly very desperate to get it and was stupid enough to put a curse on it, but if Peter had held on long enough, he could have turned the tables because if she damages his penis:

1. She destroys the chance of strengthening her people.

2. She basically mutilates the strongest man in the world meaning that she also ruins the chances of any other race after his seed, leading to possible war against her people.

3. The human kingdom, mainly those that are on Peter's side will take it as a possible declaration of war since she is basically crippling their strongest warrior.

4. Her people will not take kindly to her losing such a golden opportunity to help them become stronger and now are at risk of possible war and complete extermination. At best she would be exiled never to return, at worst she would be executed as a peace offering.

Given all of this, we can surmise that at best that curse and threat was just a bluff on her part, and as you can clearly see in the episode she was playing to his (and any man's) fears. Can we really say that she would have let his penis basically die and thereby lose her chance at helping her people? No, but from what we know of her and her people's situation it's not likely that she would have.

Her actions are nebulous at best mainly because Peter is also partially at fault for not handling the situation properly and giving in, morally she's pretty much trash for playing dirty and cursing the guys penis.

Now, what about Peter?

Let's see, he was under threat of coercion to have sex with the elf at the expense of his penis, that is a fact, but, did he really have no choice in the matter? Did he really have to do as she asked in the first place? I personally say no, I mean, if he loved Luvelia as much as he claims and if he truly wanted to stay faithful then he would have been willing to make the sacrifice and if she truly loved him as much as they claim to love each other then she would accepted him even with a crippled penis.

He also, had the choice of just killing her thereby possibly erasing the curse and even if it didn't disappear, he would actually have enough evidence to prove that he was in the right and that he did it in self defense since she cast a curse on him. Not only does he now know that the elf's have a secret forbidden curse that only they are supposed to know about that has been used on him, not only do her know that their chosen Embassador was on her way to meet him, not only did Peter's friend see her with him in his bedroom and she was definitely acting aggressive, but if the cursed didn't go away then the damage done would itself be a very valuable piece of evidence to prove his side of the argument since a magic expert could probably look for traces of a curse or magic used on him.

It would be the word of the strongest man in the world against the word of a weak, dying and desperate race whose embassador actively used forbidden magic to coerce said man and ultimately hurt him, there is no way he comes out of it on the losing side of the argument.

There is also the one I mentioned in my other post if there really is a need for Peter to be in a situation where he has his cake and eats it too. He could have also brought it up to the authorities (or whatever is the equivalent of it in his world) and let them know that there's an elf that broke into his room and cursed him against his will and that they need to capture her to see if there's another way to cure him. He could have gone to a magic and curse expert (preferably an elf) and consulted with them on how to possibly get rid of it or if there was any other way to do so, or he could just have let Luvellia know what was happening and explain the situation to her and discuss it with her and probably come up with a solution together as the couple they are.

That's six different alternatives (adding the one from my other post) that he could have chosen instead of going along and agreeing with the elf girls demands out of fear. It's fine and all to want to defend him, but let's not overlook the fact that there are many other ways he could have reacted and many other ways he could have dealt with the situation. In the end, he chose to give in and give her his consent, sure, it was under coercion but he still gave it. Seeing how many other alternatives he had in how to handle the situation and what I have discussed its pretty difficult for me to consider this rape.

But you know, this series isn't supposed to be taken seriously since it's main premise/objective is to show how he tries and fails at being faithful before he eventually marries Luvellia, it's not exactly healthy to project real world values to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
So if a person holds a knife to someones throat and tells them to have sex with them and they agree then it is not rape? But if they just hold them down and do it it is?
The two situations are not similar in the slightest, one has many was to deal with the situation and has been given freedom and time to come up with them until the time the cursed actually takes full effect and hurts him, while the other is on the moment and on the spot with next to no room to breath or think.

Also, one is only about possibly losing function in his genitals and the other is outright losing their life, these two things are not equivalent in any logical way.
Old 2020-08-10, 23:59   Link #66
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Spoiler for long quote:

You really need to go get a reality check, and a morality check. Coercion is rape, plain and simple. It doesn't matter the Era this setting reflects. It doesn't matter if he had "better options," coercion is rape, lawfully, factually and morally.

Seriously, go get help. The last thing any real life society needs are people like you with backwards morality running around unchecked.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 00:02   Link #67
Magewolf

Quote:
First of all let's point out that using real world laws on a medieval setting in a fictional magical world makes no sense, you have to take into account that we don't know how magic would fit into our world's laws since by our real world logic there would be no way to prove he has in fact been cursed, so saying "it won't hold up in a court of law" makes no sense since our worlds court of law wouldn't even know how to begin to deal with this kind of situation and our world's laws would not completely translate to their world.

I will admit that it was my mistake for not thinking about how real world logic would not apply (granted I was half asleep at the time of writing that) to the setting in the first place, which given by what we have seen so far, it's not very likely that they would completely apply.

Now, we also can't just decide what kind of laws their world has, but we can speculate what her actions would entail, what outcomes can be derived from said actions and what she gains and loses from them. Even so I will stand by saying that what you need to focus on when claiming rape is the terms consent and unlawful insertion and penetration against someones will since they are what directly classify an action as rape and I feel like this would carry over anywhere.

Her goal is to get the seed of the strongest man in the world to strengthen her people, now, what would she gain from actually going through and destroying his penis? Who's to say that she would have actually let it happen? She was clearly very desperate to get it and was stupid enough to put a curse on it, but if Peter had held on long enough, he could have turned the tables because if she damages his penis:

2. She basically mutilates the strongest man in the world meaning that she also ruins the chances of any other race after his seed, leading to possible war against her people.

3. The human kingdom, mainly those that are on Peter's side will take it as a possible declaration of war since she is basically crippling their strongest warrior.

4. Her people will not take kindly to her losing such a golden opportunity to help them become stronger and now are at risk of possible war and complete extermination. At best she would be exiled never to return, at worst she would be executed as a peace offering.

Given all of this, we can surmise that at best that curse and threat was just a bluff on her part, and as you can clearly see in the episode she was playing to his (and any man's) fears. Can we really say that she would have let his penis basically die and thereby lose her chance at helping her people? No, but from what we know of her and her people's situation it's not likely that she would have.

Her actions are nebulous at best mainly because Peter is also partially at fault for not handling the situation properly and giving in, morally she's pretty much trash for playing dirty and cursing the guys penis.

Now, what about Peter?

Let's see, he was under threat of coercion to have sex with the elf at the expense of his penis, that is a fact, but, did he really have no choice in the matter? Did he really have to do as she asked in the first place? I personally say no, I mean, if he loved Luvelia as much as he claims and if he truly wanted to stay faithful then he would have been willing to make the sacrifice and if she truly loved him as much as they claim to love each other then she would accepted him even with a crippled penis.

He also, had the choice of just killing her thereby possibly erasing the curse and even if it didn't disappear, he would actually have enough evidence to prove that he was in the right and that he did it in self defense since she cast a curse on him. Not only does he now know that the elf's have a secret forbidden curse that only they are supposed to know about that has been used on him, not only do her know that their chosen Embassador was on her way to meet him, not only did Peter's friend see her with him in his bedroom and she was definitely acting aggressive, but if the cursed didn't go away then the damage done would itself be a very valuable piece of evidence to prove his side of the argument since a magic expert could probably look for traces of a curse or magic used on him.

It would be the word of the strongest man in the world against the word of a weak, dying and desperate race whose embassador actively used forbidden magic to coerce said man and ultimately hurt him, there is no way he comes out of it on the losing side of the argument.

There is also the one I mentioned in my other post if there really is a need for Peter to be in a situation where he has his cake and eats it too. He could have also brought it up to the authorities (or whatever is the equivalent of it in his world) and let them know that there's an elf that broke into his room and cursed him against his will and that they need to capture her to see if there's another way to cure him. He could have gone to a magic and curse expert (preferably an elf) and consulted with them on how to possibly get rid of it or if there was any other way to do so, or he could just have let Luvellia know what was happening and explain the situation to her and discuss it with her and probably come up with a solution together as the couple they are.

That's six different alternatives (adding the one from my other post) that he could have chosen instead of going along and agreeing with the elf girls demands out of fear. It's fine and all to want to defend him, but let's not overlook the fact that there are many other ways he could have reacted and many other ways he could have dealt with the situation. In the end, he chose to give in and give her his consent, sure, it was under coercion but he still gave it. Seeing how many other alternatives he had in how to handle the situation and what I have discussed its pretty difficult for me to consider this rape.

But you know, this series isn't supposed to be taken seriously since it's main premise/objective is to show how he tries and fails at being faithful before he eventually marries Luvellia, it's not exactly healthy to project real world values to it.

The two situations are not similar in the slightest, one has many was to deal with the situation and has been given freedom and time to come up with them until the time the cursed actually takes full effect and hurts him, while the other is on the moment and on the spot with next to no room to breath or think.

Also, one is only about possibly losing function in his genitals and the other is outright losing their life, these two things are not equivalent in any logical way.
So if someone held a knife to a guys testicles and threatened to castrate him if he did not have sex with them that would not be rape?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 11:07   Link #68
Nivek von Beldo

This thread is beyond epic, seriously this series this shit but this thread worth that waste of animation
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 11:42   Link #69
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:

Now, what about Peter?

Now you're just being contrary for the sake of it. No way to prove it so I can't say it "won't hold up in court"? Possibly true but seems to be almost deliberately missing my point. Similarly, even the question of whether she was bluffing is irrelevant to coercion. If she stood up in court and proudly said "yes, I cast a curse on him and successfully convinced him that if he didn't have sex with me he'd be crippled for the rest of his life", this would easily qualify as coercion. If you force someone to have sex with you by threatening them with a rubber knife that looks real, it's still rape. And just because they could choose to be killed or crippled rather than have sex, that doesn't make it "consent". Nor does it make it consent to say that the person could have bet on the off chance that this threat may be neutralized by killing the assaulting party, or could have hoped against hope that she was lying and someone among the elves could find a way to break the curse without the requirement (and that the extremely proud elves would side with him, which is in itself questionable). Seriously, you're using all sorts of extreme long shots with to his knowledge little to no chance of success and the option to simply endure permanent injury and the loss of ability to produce children to rationalize his consent. True, it may hold up in their court, or some medieval courts, but by modern estimate it's rape, plain and simple.

As for whether she was bluffing or not, while it's again irrelevant I can't really say. I wouldn't be surprised if she really did it, partly because she was clearly not thinking entirely straight due to the indignation at finding him flaccid when looking at her body, and she may have just been convinced that no man would choose permanent injury over sex.
Old 2020-08-11, 15:36   Link #70
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
This thread is beyond epic, seriously this series this shit but this thread worth that waste of animation
Attempting to normalize or downplay rape is a great way to piss a lot of people off.

Last edited by Metaneo; 2020-08-12 at 00:38.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 15:45   Link #71
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Attempting to normalize or downplay rape is a great way to loss a lot of people off.
That is the joke, the mental gymantics people are doing to defend this series just amused me to no end...are even better the shitty IP anyway
Old 2020-08-12, 01:21   Link #72
Lex79

I wasn't expecting such overanalyzing for a series that isn't mean to be anything more than an ecchi parody of the harem genre...is what I wanted to say, but I guess when sex is involved this outcome isn't really unexpected.
Old 2020-08-12, 03:18   Link #73
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
That is the joke, the mental gymantics people are doing to defend this series just amused me to no end...are even better the shitty IP anyway
This show doesn't need defending though. Even if Peter was physically held down and raped despite being completely unwilling. It would be still OK because it's comedy and he is asshole
Old 2020-08-12, 08:52   Link #74
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, it was a great move to start with multiple instances of him giving in to temptation of his own free will, as indeed even with actual rape in the mere SECOND party to come to him, I still find myself just enjoying his suffering.
Old 2020-08-12, 21:48   Link #75
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
This show doesn't need defending though. Even if Peter was physically held down and raped despite being completely unwilling. It would be still OK because it's comedy and he is asshole
TThat is calling defending BTW, like he deserved it...YEAH....YEA(Neither LT Benson or Det Tutoa would belive that)
Old 2020-08-12, 22:19   Link #76
SirCopert

I'm thrilled, have you really made such lengthy comments about consensuality under the law for an anime comedy?
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-14, 12:48   Link #77
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, fortunately this one ended with nothing too questionable overall. While she may have been drugged, Peter was able to pull her together enough to actually reason with her and help her decide what she truly wants. Unfortunately this led her to want his powerful genes. And sure enough, once again we have a rather dangerous suitor. We now have two who are too stupid to realize when they're endangering his life or what he means when he says "get out", one who fully understands but doesn't mind using force and coercion for the sake of her people, and one who so far seems like she'll approach him in a more acceptable manner, with the intent to create an ultimate weapon with which to destroy her homeland. Dude's a real crazy magnet.
Old 2020-08-14, 23:24   Link #78
Frontier

Well, of all the monster girls I still seem to prefer Piglette the most. She really does seem to genuinely love Peter and probably had the most romantic liaison with him, from kissing him with hearts in her eyes to how she warmly greeted him in the morning. Sure she's also planning to use his sperm like the rest for her own ends, but at least she seems to actually care bout him on-top of that .

I could say Peter gets off way better than he should, but this all so much a headache for him and emotionally draining that he's definitely not enjoying it like the girls do .

Looks like we've got the "Harem" in play next week with all the monster girls fighting (?) for Peter .
Old 2020-08-15, 03:30   Link #79
Tenzen12

Nah, he certainly enjoy it as much as girls. Otherwise he wouldn't give in and wouldn't have to feel guilty afterward.
Old 2020-08-15, 17:02   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At this point, it's clear Peter's greatest weakness is big boobs. He gave in even though he knew his life was in danger, I'm not even sure what to think about that...

Tags
cheating, comedy, ecchi, harem