AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2020-01-17, 01:58   Link #21
Jamibu
Ninja Space Pirate

Haifuri Movie showing this Saturday in Japan. Though there's some concerns that the movie is still unfinished according to the ones who watched the pre-screenings.
Jamibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-25, 01:33   Link #22
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamibu View Post
Haifuri Movie showing this Saturday in Japan. Though there's some concerns that the movie is still unfinished according to the ones who watched the pre-screenings.
While probably not a good thing for the movie-goers who will see it in theatres, at the expense of sounding like a wet blanket, this could arguably be a good thing for overseas fans: a movie whose production values were compromised could mean that the theatrical run would be shorter, and that more effort might be shifted towards selling BDs, which would have the improved footage. This is, of course, a very naive view of things, and I'm not optimistic that an unfinished movie would mean an earlier home release.
Old 2020-01-25, 03:17   Link #23
Marina2

Did they release any PV yet?
Old 2020-06-21, 10:09   Link #24
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

BD release is October 28, 2020 according to the Hai-Furi official Twitter. While it's nice to know, this is absolutely insane: is nine to ten months the new norm now for anime movies?
Old 2020-06-21, 10:36   Link #25
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
BD release is October 28, 2020 according to the Hai-Furi official Twitter. While it's nice to know, this is absolutely insane: is nine to ten months the new norm now for anime movies?
Nah, its prtetty standard. I still remember almost a year wait for Nanoha movies BD release.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 18:14   Link #26
Jamibu
Ninja Space Pirate

We could also factor in the current health crisis as a reason for the release date. Also, the movie had a theatrical re-release last March(with the completed content added in it) before the pandemic happened. I’m now certain that the Shirobako movie will end up like Haifuri.

Last edited by Jamibu; 2020-06-21 at 18:44.
Jamibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 22:20   Link #27
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That is understandable. Hopefully, this movie will be worth the wait, then.
Old 2020-11-14, 23:42   Link #28
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I finally had a chance to watch High School Fleet: The Movie, and it turns out the movie was well worth the wait. I definitely had fun with this movie (my full thoughts are in a much longer review/reflections piece that won't fit in a forum post), which basically does everything the TV series did well, better.

Without spoiling anything, this movie acts as a proper continuation of High School Fleet, benefitting greatly from a more plausible story that gave a chance for the different characters to shine.

Overall, it was a superb experience that suggests that High School Fleet could indeed work as a concept: the world-building is all there, and the characters are people we can root for, so all they'd need for a continuation is adventures such as what we'd seen in the movie.
Old 2020-11-15, 01:34   Link #29
arkhangelsk

Oh, so I was on the wrong thread after all - and I was wondering why no one ... wait, there really isn't anyone, is there? Why?

Excellent review, but I'll comment a little bit on the parts that referenced me:

Spoiler for The Hiei Promotion:

Spoiler for Obstacle Course:
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 04:44   Link #30
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn. Still no subs for the movie. I'm waiting for them.
Old 2020-11-15, 23:52   Link #31
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Oh, so I was on the wrong thread after all - and I was wondering why no one ... wait, there really isn't anyone, is there? Why?

Excellent review, but I'll comment a little bit on the parts that referenced me:

Spoiler for The Hiei Promotion:

Spoiler for Obstacle Course:

The gap between our interpretations of the obstacle course is probably from a completely different approach that we have towards military-moé. I personally see such anime as "high school girls doing military things", rather than "military that happens to have high school girls in it" – it's simply a matter of different expectations, and that's completely fine.

At any rate, this scene was really about Mashiro being unfocused, and also suggests that the Harekaze's crew aren't exactly the best of the best when it comes to exercises, but in practise, get by well enough because they work together.

I think now, the game plan is really to let more people check the movie out and see what they think. Even in this thread for the film, it's been a bit quiet.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2020-12-07 at 14:50.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 18:55   Link #32
tsunade666

bloody awesome movie. loved it! explosive and bombastic. loved the first part with the tournament where different school and teams was shown. loved also the later part when the whole team infiltrate the fortress. as always, mike' s plans are unexpected and reckless but thet worked. also liked it when China and mike knew and trust each other to work the plan.

I didn't like the middle part. the pirates are dumb as worms. it's not even funny when the blue mermaid and ship's sister infiltrated it. the initial rescue of the hostages are a bit okay but when the captain infiltrated? its over the top that it's not funny at all.
Old 2020-11-18, 14:49   Link #33
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I really liked the movie. It had more soL and action balance than the first GuP movie but that is fine. Though, now I want more. Especially after they mentioned Mokas mother. I am intrigued now.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2020-11-18 at 15:53.
Old 2020-11-18, 15:34   Link #34
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Especially after thay mentioned Mokas mother. I am intrigued now.
They should give Moka more focus if they ever do something else in this franchise. She's actually one of the most popular characters (more popular than Mashiro, for instance) yet gets very little screen time. They definitely should fix that if the franchises doesn't die here.
Old 2020-11-18, 15:53   Link #35
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They should give Moka more focus if they ever do something else in this franchise. She's actually one of the most popular characters (more popular than Mashiro, for instance) yet gets very little screen time. They definitely should fix that if the franchises doesn't die here.
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more Moeka, especially how her skill in the film was mostly word of mouth, and how her strategies, while impressive, pale compared to the feats Akeno and the Harekaze pull off. The movie, if anything, shows how much possibility there is in this universe. With the higher sea levels and increased empahsis on ocean travel, defense and the like, there's plenty to explore in the Hai-Furi universe. The world-building in the film seems like it's just scratching the surface, and we could get an entire series for any of the other ships' crews.

On an unrelated note, I may sound like a wet blanket for saying so, but in the absence of Myssa Rei, I'm rather glad discussions this time around are focused on appreciating what the movie does well, looking at what could be improved from a story perspective and not focusing excessively on things like whether the Harekaze fired a training torpedo or armed Type 93, or making false claims about the status of heavier-than-air flight as coming from a member of the staff when it was actually speculation from a completely unrelated Tweet. I certainly have no wish to argue endlessly on things like the viability of a 36-inch torpedo or boosting a depth charge using an AA gun; this film was a fun spectacle, and that's what counts.
Old 2020-11-18, 15:56   Link #36
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She had more focus in the movie at least. Yes, she was not the MC, but it was her plan they executed most of the time and, despite being under Mashimo, she was a de-facto commander. Though, I alo wnt more focus onother characters outside the "Harekaze" crew.