AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 12.50%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-10-28, 13:26   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 13:54   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Despite the double feature performance we got in episode 3, I think this one is my favorite episode so far.

I'm so happy we got a Dia-focused episode. She's so precious...like a dia-

Puns aside, she was very cute trying to get the other members to like her. Her save at the end with rattling up those kindergartners was also very nice. I don't like it when kids cry; I think it's a pretty uncomfortable sight to see; I dunno if my heart could've taken it if the adorable kid that tried to stop the rest started to cry as well, so I'm real happy Dia came in at the time she did.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 14:31   Link #3
Pen3

Only one comment? It seems like Love Live Sunshine is dead. I though S1 had a lot of positive feedback from the viewers, even a higher rating then LLSIF. In my opinion i think it is because there isn't much to talk about because the episodes have been mostly full of shenanigans and character quirks. Just going through comments from other sites, they are 90% "this character is ___" and not much about the story or plot itself.

Last edited by Pen3; 2017-10-28 at 14:41.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 19:59   Link #4
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Only one comment? It seems like Love Live Sunshine is dead. I though S1 had a lot of positive feedback from the viewers, even a higher rating then LLSIF. In my opinion i think it is because there isn't much to talk about because the episodes have been mostly full of shenanigans and character quirks. Just going through comments from other sites, they are 90% "this character is ___" and not much about the story or plot itself.
yeah, I dun know where the usual posters from last season went. Hopefully, they didn't die cos I'm pretty interested in what they think of the new season. I think the the overarching plot of the show does enough to propel the cast along, but it's definitely not the highlight of the show. It's the characters.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 09:03   Link #5
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I tend to watch episodes of other new anime like Umaru R and Anime-gataris before posting in the Sunshine threads.

And about the story... not really much to say about it since still the same "we got to save the school" leftover from season 1.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 13:52   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
yeah, I dun know where the usual posters from last season went. Hopefully, they didn't die cos I'm pretty interested in what they think of the new season. I think the the overarching plot of the show does enough to propel the cast along, but it's definitely not the highlight of the show. It's the characters.
Indeed. And that's the reason I liked this episode more than last week's. It was cute seeing Dia trying so hard to get closer to the younger girls. Having them call her Dia-chan at the very end was great.
Old 2017-10-29, 13:59   Link #7
Requiem-x
The slacking one

As someone who has put some thought into how others look at him, I found this episode to be quite emotional. This is it, isn't it? This is how Love Live gets to you! No, but seriously, it was a really good episode that gives you more reasons to like Dia, while showing that being the respinsible for order in that group doesn't always equal to raining on other people's parade. It also helped that it was funny as hell, with stuff like Dia's porpoise friend, Mari's engrish once again, and the sequence with Yoshiko and You. They seem to be really going out for interactions between the whole group this season rather than just each year girls separately, which is great, even if its throuhg small details sometimes (I had to do a double take to make sure Chika actually said zura), but I think that, in the end, it will help solidify the impression of Aqours as a group of close friends fighting together to achieve their dreams. Speaking of weird pairings, next episode looks like it will continue the trend. Of course, I know about Riko and Yoshiko in other media, but if you've only watched the anime, can you imagine those two having a conversation? Also, about time the show deals with Riko's fear of dogs.

By the way, can we now decide who's the cutest kaichou? Honoka also counts, of course.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 14:04   Link #8
Ernietheracefan

A wild dolphin is mocking Dia, Mari is trying to sell her statue, Riko & Ruby are running from the sea lion, and Yohane makes a loli & Ruby cry then being mocked by Zura..

Looks like Riko would be ended like Shiro-chan next week..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 14:08   Link #9
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Quote:
yeah, I dun know where the usual posters from last season went. Hopefully, they didn't die cos I'm pretty interested in what they think of the new season.
Well, I'll drop in to make a comment then.

In recent months, I've gotten heavily into a game called GranBue Fantasy, and that's taken up a lot of my time. I still watch some anime, but I don't comment on it as much as I used to.

Some of the lack of comments here might just be reflective of AnimeSuki decline, sad to say. This site is still a good one in many ways, but maybe people aren't as into actual forums/message boards as much as they used to be.

As for Sunshine in general, I've mostly enjoyed Season 2 so far. It's been pretty solid. The live performances in Episode 3 were very nice, and this episode had some good funny moments. The Director work has been very good with some excellent screen-cappable moments.

One thing that maybe is limiting Sunshine discussion is that the basic Love Live story template has now been done a fair bit (not just in Love Live itself, but also in Bang Dream! and Action Heroine Cheer Fruits, imo). I still love that story template, but there's only so much you can say about it after it's been done a few times with some flips and tweaks and variations.

Should there be a Love Live Generation 3, they probably should try to break the mold a bit. What we have is fine for Sunshine, but certain things ("save the school" plot for example), maybe should be dropped in a future Generation 3.
Old 2017-10-29, 15:00   Link #10
Dextro
He Without a Title

Yeah, discussion has been pretty dead not only here in the Love Live threads but all across the forum. I think most people finally called it quits on the message board sadly.

As for the show I have found hardly anything worth discussing. Like Pen3 correctly pointed out there isn't much to talk about. Dia showing some character growth looked cute but that's about it. We did get the news that the girls are moving forward in love live and are low on funds but the show barely focused on that. Not that it matters much, the comedy has been pretty satisfying to watch so it's still ok. It just doesn't lend itself much to discussions.

But like Triple_R said, the Love Live template has been done quite some times now that it just feels stale here. I was kind of hoping that Sunrise had the guts to go full blown sports anime on Love Live but it wasn't meant to be sadly. Maybe they can get a gen 3 to try that idea? One can dream can't I?
Old 2017-10-29, 17:47   Link #11
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
By the way, can we now decide who's the cutest kaichou? Honoka also counts, of course.
Hands down, Dia
Old 2017-10-30, 05:55   Link #12
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTerror View Post
Hands down, Dia
Completely agree. hehe
Old 2017-10-30, 08:38   Link #13
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Looks like we have a winner. Eri is cute, but its not really her main thing, and Honoka doesn't quite make it either. However, after this episode, I just want to give Dia a big hug and smile at her tsun moments. Almost as cute as Maki hugging her robot, I swear.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 07:03   Link #14
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the episode today. Had a bit of laugh when You let go of the balloons when talked to by Dia, and also the time that Dia did not get angry when a bowl landed on her head.

Some nice character development for student council president.

10/10 for this ep.
Old 2017-11-09, 19:44   Link #15
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Quote:
yeah, I dun know where the usual posters from last season went.
I'm still around. Its mostly what Triple R said...I've been too addicted to Granblue Fantasy to visit the forums as much as I used to, and I'm not really a fan of posting on forums in the first place.

This episode was probably my favorite of the season so far. Watching Dia try to get her kouhais to overcome the kouhai-senpai barrier was so cute. :3