AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-01, 04:38   Link #3321
LevelSeven

oh that is interesting,

guess the fight between non-"the one"-mode escanor vs super-peak meliodas was quite harder for the former than it looked
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 11:53   Link #3322
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-01, 12:06   Link #3323
AP24

Just read the chapter, Ban admits that he's useless.

Also, didn't realize before that Elaine looks different now. Having longer hair makes her look more like an adult.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 12:10   Link #3324
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler response:
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 18:13   Link #3325
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Hopefully.

The spoiler is a bit misleading about how the part where Merlin and Elizabeth argued about what to do with Meliodas and whether to heal him or not, and about who should be in the Perfect Cube (plus whether or not Elizabeth should be in there with him), went down. I'd already read the chapter before reading that spoiler, too, which gave me an even weirder feeling while reading the part that was off.

Anyway, I know I'm also probably coming off as a broken record now as well, but I really want Melidas to get stronger without having to revert to how he was as the leader of Ten Commandments. It's fine if he recovers from the darkness through the Power of Love, but it'd be great if it also made him stronger.

And yeah, hopefully they'll break the curse on Meliodas and Elizabeth before the three days are up. And if anyone thinks that it might not happen because not everything always gets a happy ending or whatnot, I just want to say this to that: From what Hawk said when Meliodas declared that he'll break the curse ("But then you two will, will--", while crying), I'm actually thinking they'll die soon after the curse is broken anyway. After all, they've already been caught in that perpetual reincarnation and rebirth cycle for two long. It'd be better for them to just die after the curse is broken. It sounds like it'll kind of defeat the purpose, but I just think that at this point, they deserve the rest. Together.
Old 2017-09-01, 18:50   Link #3326
zezegui222
A simple man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Anyway, I know I'm also probably coming off as a broken record now as well, but I really want Melidas to get stronger without having to revert to how he was as the leader of Ten Commandments.
I want that too, but I really want Meliodas revert to his old self in some chapters, I like that badass Meliodas.

I feeling these 3 days will be similar to 5 minutes in Namekusei or much longer.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 19:04   Link #3327
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He doesn't have to revert back to how he was back then to seem badass, though, IMO. And it just sucks when the main protagonist of a story has to turn evil to be strong. Yeah, sure, Meliodas is strong normally as well, but the part I hate is that the gets stronger when he's evil.
Old 2017-09-01, 20:26   Link #3328
Random14

Yeah, but unfortunately its a narrative handicap, and relatively common at that. The hero's superpowered evil side trope and all, otherwise if the hero could control their full power the series would be over a lot sooner.

Well, things are even worse than expected. I was hoping that loss would knock Meliodas back to his senses but guess not, and now its down to King, Diane and Gowther to free Camelot. At least nice to see Arthur again. And poor Ban, but whenever he does get his power-up it'll probably be really powerful (just like how King is still coming into his full power). Sounds like Escanor can't pull off that "The One" move again, so that they won't even be able to try to maneuver the big bad (whoever it ends up being, demon or goddess) into fighting Escanor at noon.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 00:24   Link #3329
SilverGlavenus

Hmm, so Escanor using Sunshine can put a lot of strain on his body. Merlin also said something about exerting all the power he stored up in many years, so I guess that his ultimate 1 minute is the time he can access to that storage of power ????. That could explain his sudden surge of power at peak noon . Anyway, it is pretty much confirmed that Escanor cannot solo either DK or SG.

Ban is crazy underwhelming right now, he is even weaker than Gowther. Regarding Gowther, I wonder if he has all the powers of his master or just some of it, since he is only a doll, and he is not the type to go all out in battle, so...
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 09:16   Link #3330
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, but unfortunately its a narrative handicap, and relatively common at that. The hero's superpowered evil side trope and all, otherwise if the hero could control their full power the series would be over a lot sooner.
Yes, you're right. But I still don't like it, even though I kind of understand it. That said, though, maybe Meliodas wil find a way to get to full power without being evil sometime around the time of the final battle? If it's then, the narrative handicap shouldn't matter much, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Well, things are even worse than expected. I was hoping that loss would knock Meliodas back to his senses but guess not, and now its down to King, Diane and Gowther to free Camelot. At least nice to see Arthur again. And poor Ban, but whenever he does get his power-up it'll probably be really powerful (just like how King is still coming into his full power). Sounds like Escanor can't pull off that "The One" move again, so that they won't even be able to try to maneuver the big bad (whoever it ends up being, demon or goddess) into fighting Escanor at noon.
True. I really think Ban needs a power-up ASAP as well. I wonder what it'll be. And seeing Arthur again is great. Hopefully he can help out the Sins.

But about Escanor's "The One," it being from stored up power means that the next time it's high noon, he won't be able to get as strong, right? Since there won't be as much stored power as there was vs. Meliodas in the previous chapter.
Old 2017-09-02, 12:28   Link #3331
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Escanor had to use up all of the power he had stored up over years to be able to defeat Meliodas. That's crazy.

How can the Sins hope to defeat Zeldoris, who has the demon king's powers and should be at least as strong as evil Meliodas? I guess the solution will come from Arthur. There is obviously a reason other than mere affection he is so important to Merlin.

The question corner pretty much confirmed Derrieri is alive. When asked whether she had ever worn clothes in her life, the author answered she might in the future.
Old 2017-09-02, 16:23   Link #3332
DragonOsman
Dragon King

From what was said, I'm actually thinking that the Meliodas we just saw fight Escanor was stronger than he was as the leader of the Ten Commandments. That would mean he's stronger than Zeldoris as well, right? Since Zeldoris also got his power from the Demon King. It could also be that the Demon King is even stronger than the Meliodas that Escanor defeated, which would mean that Zeldoris too is stronger. I think this likelier now that I think of it.

One theory I've read about Arthur is that he might be the one with the power of the Goddesses that can lift the curse from the Goddesses' side, like how for the Demons it's Zeldoris.
Old 2017-09-02, 17:16   Link #3333
marvelB

As far as the Mel situation is concerned, I'd honestly say our heroes are a lot luckier than they initially realize..... because if Mel decided to go full Indura on them, there's a good chance that even Escanor at his peak wouldn't have been able to handle him (and he should be more than capable of the transformation, too..... he not only far exceeds the power requirements, his curse pretty much guarantees that his hearts will always regenerate, were he to die in battle). I mean sure, Elizabeth should be able to relieve him of that state (as she did with Derrierie and Monspiet in the past), but who knows how many people Mel will have slaughtered by the time she succeeds? On the other hand, it would be a massive advantage for our heroes if the good Mel is able to go into Indura mode without the risk of reverting to his evil self.....

As for Ban, I too am sad to see him trailing so far behind his fellow sins.... though on the plus side, he's practically guaranteed to get his power-up soon (I mean, he still hasn't gotten back his sacred weapon yet, for one thing). Besides, I'd find it bitterly ironic that the only true immortal of the sins turned out to be the weakest among them, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 01:56   Link #3334
marvelB

Bump for spoilers:

Spoiler for 234:

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-09-08 at 02:23.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 02:51   Link #3335
FKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Bump for spoilers:

Spoiler for 234:
Spoiler for Quick heads-up:
FKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 11:57   Link #3336
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-08, 17:49   Link #3337
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Thanks for the spoilers, MalvelB.

Spoiler for comments on spoilers:

Anyway, it'd be great if Ban got a power-up soon. He'll likely get one when he gets his Sacred Weapon back, but I wonder what it is and where it is.
Old 2017-09-08, 18:39   Link #3338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-09, 11:18   Link #3339
takenashi

why are you all using "spoiler" if it isn't one O_o

The truth is that ban is weaker than even dianne so he needs a new factor that makes him stronger or just obtain his sacred arm(both are cliche). At this point the others are just more than ban can expect and he doesn't like that meliodas and scanor are able to fight at the same lvl xDD

So, he sure will get a stupid power up and we will already have expected this.
takenashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 12:30   Link #3340
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You think he'll get a stupid power-up? So you consider him getting a power-up from getting his Sacred Treasure back a stupid power-up as well? Because I beg to differ. He had his Sacred Treasure before the start of the series. He'd just lost it like the others had (with the exception of King). It's possible he'll get another power-up on top of that, though. We'll see. But I don't see it as being a stupid power-up.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen