AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2016-11-27, 20:07   Link #1
GDClazzi

Need some songs like these :)

Hi! I am new to the forums. I came here to ask help looking for some songs like the following.

Owara Nai Melody by Matsumi Ito
Time Pavement by Yuki Matsuoka (a.k.a. Osaka in Azumanga Daioh)

Their genres are extremely indescribable for me since they are very beautiful to my ears. I want songs like those desperately and....and......KYAAAH! (lmao)

You guys got some songs in your playlist similar to those mentioned above?

[And please, to comply with the rules, do not give me music download links of some sort].

Thank you!

Last edited by GDClazzi; 2016-11-27 at 20:23. Reason: Encouraging others to comply in the rules when submitting a reply of their answer :)
GDClazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 00:09   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Try the songs listed under this singer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masumi_It%C5%8D
Old 2016-11-29, 00:58   Link #3
GDClazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Try the songs listed under this singer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masumi_It%C5%8D
I did not think of it. Thanks!

And extra to that, I found one anime in that wiki that had me hooked up. More Thanks!
GDClazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 00:22   Link #4
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm not sure if this is the sort of stuff you're looking for but these are the songs that came to my mind when I came across this thread. Seems like you enjoy the lighter, airy stuff with beautiful melodies, maybe whispered vocals, a bit of whimsy...
I used to love Time Pavement, I still love it, but I find myself listening to anime/Japanese music less and less often these days...

Anyway, I selected some stuff that to me sounds pretty close to what you're talking about, and then some stuff that may be farther out but within orbit.

kotringo - Stars (cover version of FreeTEMPO - Stars, from the FreeTEMPO cover album "COVERS")

SONOROUS - Nana iro no Sora wo (Opening Theme from Aria the OVA: Arietta)

Ryuichi Sakamoto + Takako Minekawa - Kaze no tani no Nausicaä (cover Theme from Kaze no tani no Nausicaä/Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
The original was composed by Haruomi Hosono with vocals by Narumi Yasuda. This version here was for a Haruomi Hosono tribute concert and album. Haruomi Hosono and Ryuichi Sakamoto, along with Yukihiro Takahashi were members of the 1970s group Yellow Magic Orchestra. If you like electronic music at all, YMO was a huge influence for many early artists of that genre.
Live Version:

Album Version:

Hororin Confetti (Confetti in Tears) (from Azumanga Daioh Vocal Collection)

Ayako Kawasumi & Ai Kiyomi - Kimi ni Aete (Insert/Ending song from Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai (This Ugly Yet Beautiful World))

Donna Burke - After All (from Turn A Gundam Movie)
Album version:

Eri Kawai - If Dreams Came True (from AIR The Movie)

Minami Kuribayashi - Hoshizora no Waltz (Ending Theme from from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien)

Yasuo Higuchi - Tifa & Garrod (from After War Gundam X)

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence (theme from the 1983 film Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence which starred David Bowie and Ryuichi Sakamoto)

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2016-11-30 at 00:36.
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote