AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-14, 18:02   Link #61
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I'm hoping before they remove all references that they'd (or at least Honoka) meet face to face or something...
I would be nice if μ's (or a member of μ's) made a cameo in this show at some point. I'm not going to count on it, but it would be nice (especially after Episode 2 teased fans of the original so much ).

My personal preference would be for μ's (or Honoka alone) to show up near/at the end of this show, after Aquors achieves a significant success of some sort. And to offer congrats to Chika/Aquors over it. I think it would be a nice way to reinforce this moment of success, and to more tightly tie the two Love Live main casts together.

Aside from that, though, I'd honestly prefer μ's references to be kept to a minimum the rest of the way. Maybe a name-drop every now and then, and maybe the occasional case of a Aquors member singing a μ's song.
Old 2016-07-15, 01:03   Link #62
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Well, since Dia is the hardcore fan, I doubt this level of fangirling will be permanent. At least not until she joins, then, OH BOY Really, I'd be more weirded out if this didn't happen, since this is supposed to be a group inspired by Muse. Also remember that, unlike A-rise in the first LL, Muse can't be an adversary for Aqours, so they're free to fangirl hard without a conflict of interests. The only way I see the referencing get annoying is if they straight up say "we should do what this girl did to solve this personal problem" and it works. Let Chika and the others be themselves as individuals.

I thought Muse can be adversary to Aqours, if Aquors makes it out of the Regional and reach the Finals? Because if this is set the year after Love Live's victory, then I can foresee that Aquors will make it out of the Regionals and into the Finals, faces Muse and lose to Muse (the defending champions having two-thirds of their old championship winning squad still competing) in a dramatic fashion in the first season.

Then in the second season, Aquors this time wins, after hitting the radar screen of School-Idol viewers during their excellent run in the first season.

Of course, Aquors might fail to make it out of the Regional - but if I recall it correctly, Muse could not get past the Regional because there was only one slot during the first competition per Region, and they were up against ARISE.

Which makes me wonder who are the defending finalists schools in Aquors region....

I can foresee that one possible plot-thread, is how Aquors comes to realize that by dint of development, they come to distinguish themselves from Muse as an idol group. But until then, Muse is the equal of ARISE for the original cast.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 01:20   Link #63
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I thought Muse can be adversary to Aqours, if Aquors makes it out of the Regional and reach the Finals? Because if this is set the year after Love Live's victory, then I can foresee that Aquors will make it out of the Regionals and into the Finals, faces Muse and lose to Muse (the defending champions having two-thirds of their old championship winning squad still competing) in a dramatic fashion in the first season.
µ's disbanded when the 3rd years graduated. If Aqours faces an Otonokizaka Academy school idol group, it'll be a differently named group (although many of the members might be the same). That would be interesting too, of course.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 01:37   Link #64
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
µ's disbanded when the 3rd years graduated. If Aqours faces an Otonokizaka Academy school idol group, it'll be a differently named group (although many of the member might be the same). That would be interesting too, of course.
Ah thanks. But still, that group would have two-thirds of the old Muse group. Basically, the Otonokizaka Academy Idol Research Club would probably be favorites for at least two more years, if not more. From an outsider perspective "this" year, their song-writer is just a second year, their costume designer is a third year who also doubles as their Choreographer - of course, the problem is that one of their two Choreographer graduated....

But still, their leading "designers" are still in the Academy, and in the Otonokizaka Idol Research Club.

When you think of it, Dia is right. To a casual observer, Muse might seem to be a group of ordinary girls. Except, they lucked out and had a good composer and two excellent Choreographers and a excellent costume designer...

And Dia's point: well, in this backwater city of 100,000 people, what are your chances of finding a composer, a good choreographer, and an costume designer? I expect that even when Chika approaches Dia next episode having found her composer (Maki), Dia would pour more cold water by asking whether she found a choreographer(Eri) and a costume designer (Kotori) and a songwriter yet....

It will be the Choreographer that Chika has to find next, I imagine.

The next challenge she'd throw would be venues - for practice, for filming and so on. Actually, come to think of it, I have a suspicion that Dia would ironically, through her objections and obsession with Muse, ensure that Chika assembles a group with the necessary skill-sets and talents to create original performances. Unwittingly, Dia helps Chika to blunder her way into an excellent organization for Aquors.

And then the next challenge after assembling the basic crew from the group is to break out of the "We must copy Muse" meme that might be starting to take shape in the nascent group... at least, I hope.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 03:48   Link #65
Cerilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
µ's disbanded when the 3rd years graduated. If Aqours faces an Otonokizaka Academy school idol group, it'll be a differently named group (although many of the members might be the same). That would be interesting too, of course.
Remind me again, where does Aqours standing right now chronologically? Is it one year after µ's got dissolved?
Old 2016-07-15, 03:51   Link #66
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerilla View Post
Remind me again, where does Aqours standing right now chronologically? Is it one year after µ's got dissolved?
No one really knows.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 04:05   Link #67
Cerilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
No one really knows.
Cool. That means anything goes.

I like the direction of placing µ's as a sort of mythical figure, which actually kinda is IRL considering how they are treated by fans. If the writer feel inclined to add good ol' character to the mix, I think adding the little sisters as rival idol group is a good way to do it.
Old 2016-07-15, 08:08   Link #68
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I have a suspicion that Dia would ironically, through her objections and obsession with Muse, ensure that Chika assembles a group with the necessary skill-sets and talents to create original performances. Unwittingly, Dia helps Chika to blunder her way into an excellent organization for Aquors.

And then the next challenge after assembling the basic crew from the group is to break out of the "We must copy Muse" meme that might be starting to take shape in the nascent group... at least, I hope.
I think "accidentally" is more fitting, since she's actively waiting for Chika to fail, but yeah, I agree, Dia is totally helping her in making a proper group, which is good because, even if she's stern and a good composer, Riko lacks that knowledge. Not so sure if she'll be as helpful in the "not being Muse" issue, though.

On that note, anyone else expecting a very different episode 3 this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerilla View Post
Cool. That means anything goes.

I like the direction of placing µ's as a sort of mythical figure, which actually kinda is IRL considering how they are treated by fans. If the writer feel inclined to add good ol' character to the mix, I think adding the little sisters as rival idol group is a good way to do it.
That direction was made very obvious by the end of the movie. You might've as well shown the girls ascending to Valhalla, and I'm not complaining.

Even if not the imoutos, you could try adding a group hailing from Otonokizaka actively trying to imitate Muse out of admiration and sheer pressure. It would make a nice contrast if you assume Aqours will try to be its own thing eventually. Not that I wouldn't want Arisa and Yukiho to show up, it would be awesome and fitting, but you gotta consider all possibilities.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 11:41   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
On that note, anyone else expecting a very different episode 3 this time?
It could easily be very different.

LL Season 1 and Season 2 both had a live performance (or 2) in its Episode 3. And in both cases, much of the episode was built around that event.

Sunshine might do the same, but the plot would probably have to rush it. There's not much indication, as of yet, that Chika is ready to put on a live performance.

If Sunshine Episode 3 does have a live performance that would make it very different from LL Season 1 and 2.
Old 2016-07-15, 14:01   Link #70
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It could easily be very different.

LL Season 1 and Season 2 both had a live performance (or 2) in its Episode 3. And in both cases, much of the episode was built around that event.

Sunshine might do the same, but the plot would probably have to rush it. There's not much indication, as of yet, that Chika is ready to put on a live performance.

If Sunshine Episode 3 does have a live performance that would make it very different from LL Season 1 and 2.
That's what I was thinking: this show is following a different pace from the original LL, which isn't bad at all, because it means it should do things differently in order to work. That said, the episode is titled "first step" and a first live fits that idea, but as you said, it would feel rushed.

But, to be fair, the original LL also felt like going at hyperdrive with its pace from time to time, and it still worked, so we could get a nice surprise.

The worst way this could go is if they try to add the same dramatic weight the first live had, because this show, so far, is way too leisurely for it to work.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 15:14   Link #71
Nork22

Quote:
It will be the Choreographer that Chika has to find next, I imagine.
Should be easy. Feels like it's Dia's role. Mind you, this is me basing it on her not that impressed reaction in the 1st PV when the girls were dancing.

Quote:
And Dia's point: well, in this backwater city of 100,000 people, what are your chances of finding a composer, a good choreographer, and an costume designer? I expect that even when Chika approaches Dia next episode having found her composer (Maki), Dia would pour more cold water by asking whether she found a choreographer(Eri) and a costume designer (Kotori) and a songwriter yet....
Chika can rebuke a couple of them so far. You seems like she's destined to fill Kotori's roll more than once. BFF, costume design and photobombing.