AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-04-01, 15:51   Link #1
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Panzer Waltz

http://www.panzerwaltz.com/

Mobile game based on tank girls!

I won't bother explaining it all here, so I'll link the wiki and some vids!

http://metalwaltz.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Waltz_Wikia

Currently working on a Britannia and Rossiya hybrid team atm, with a secondary Panzer team!
Old 2016-04-02, 06:57   Link #2
SineMora
Wait for it...

Tank Collection...

I recommend you check out Armor Blitz as well...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 17:12   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Tank Collection...

I recommend you check out Armor Blitz as well...
I will keep any eye out for that, looks quite good.

Just as long as collecting doesn't require me to depend on stupidly bad RNG cause frankly I'm tired of those games atm.

Reason I'm liking PW over the rest I play, theres actually no RNG to get what I want to get!

Just a bit of grind but that I can deal with.
Old 2016-04-24, 20:52   Link #4
Nymbryxion

I'm one of the main developers in Armor Blitz.

Overall despite the similar theme of anime tank girls, the games are actually quite different in terms of the mechanics.

Armor Blitz plays more as a tug of war card battler in combat where you have to strategically deploy units in real time and call down special abilities to take down enemy commanders. The game progression also differs as you have to conquer a map and capture territories to constantly supply resources to support your war effort.

Meanwhile Panzer Waltz, focuses more in depth on the upgrading and customization side for your tanks since the combat itself is autobattle. The gameplay is more the preparation before the battle itself like Kancolle in concept.
Nymbryxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 06:29   Link #5
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymbryxion View Post
I'm one of the main developers in Armor Blitz.

Overall despite the similar theme of anime tank girls, the games are actually quite different in terms of the mechanics.

Armor Blitz plays more as a tug of war card battler in combat where you have to strategically deploy units in real time and call down special abilities to take down enemy commanders. The game progression also differs as you have to conquer a map and capture territories to constantly supply resources to support your war effort.

Meanwhile Panzer Waltz, focuses more in depth on the upgrading and customization side for your tanks since the combat itself is autobattle. The gameplay is more the preparation before the battle itself like Kancolle in concept.
Uhhh so, you're focusing full time on Armor Blitz? I kinda miss Iron Legions...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
Old 2016-04-26, 11:56   Link #6
Nymbryxion

Yeah, due to the time frame we had to switch gears because we wanted to make an indie game studio startup rather than continue with hobby projects. Iron Legions was originally made as a hobby project with my friends in school for fun, but in hindsight there was too many problems on the backend and the game design itself when we released it.

Since everyone was about to graduate from school, we realized if we continued that route everyone would have had to split up to find jobs. So we decided to pivot and use our savings to go all in with Armor Blitz as a indie game company as of last year.
Nymbryxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 09:41   Link #7
SineMora
Wait for it...

Congrats on getting the eye of Square-Enix Collective on that move.

Old 2016-05-04, 05:15   Link #8
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Some advice on my part: don't rush to get orange tankgirls. At 2 stars, they're not really that much different statwise from purple tankgirls, and so are more of a long term endgame kinda thing.

Also SHerman Mk-IV is a workhorse and very good; she's basically endgame tier and worth keeping as your main girl. KV-85 is also gained relatively easy and is lategame to endgame tier. Katyusha M13 is love and rocket artillery death.

A good general purpose team that can pretty much handle anything is (my setup in brackets):

- 1 MT (Sherman Mk-IV)
- 2 HT (KV-85, Churchill Mk-VI)
- 2 SPG (Katyusha M13, Su-8)
- 1 LT (Crusader Mk-I)

You can swap the LT with a decent LAV if you want, or another MT if you need more firepower.

LTs are scouts, SPGs are long range glass cannons, HTs are literal tanks, LAVs are short range DPS, and MTs are basically all rounders - or at least that's how it was explained to me.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 06:59   Link #9
ryvrdrgn14

It is a pretty fun game. For less headaches you can narrow down your tank selection so they share the same upgrades. HT/ATGs share the same armor and so do MT/LT and LAV/SPG and some tanks also share the same ammo types. HTs and SPGs are the norm so you're safe if you go that route, but do what you like!

At Chapter 18-4 you can start to Fate your tanks so even the crappy starter tanks can receive full promotion like the gold tanks.
ryvrdrgn14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 08:37   Link #10
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Some advice on my part: don't rush to get orange tankgirls. At 2 stars, they're not really that much different statwise from purple tankgirls, and so are more of a long term endgame kinda thing.

Also SHerman Mk-IV is a workhorse and very good; she's basically endgame tier and worth keeping as your main girl. KV-85 is also gained relatively easy and is lategame to endgame tier. Katyusha M13 is love and rocket artillery death.

A good general purpose team that can pretty much handle anything is (my setup in brackets):

- 1 MT (Sherman Mk-IV)
- 2 HT (KV-85, Churchill Mk-VI)
- 2 SPG (Katyusha M13, Su-8)
- 1 LT (Crusader Mk-I)

You can swap the LT with a decent LAV if you want, or another MT if you need more firepower.

LTs are scouts, SPGs are long range glass cannons, HTs are literal tanks, LAVs are short range DPS, and MTs are basically all rounders - or at least that's how it was explained to me.
Recipes for the said tanks?

Old 2016-05-08, 17:10   Link #11
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
They tend to be abit random, basically the more you put in the better the chances.

Can check reddit or wiki, think they have list of possible recipes.

But for most part R&D is way to go.

Altho like Wild Goose said, don't rush to gold tanks it will somewhat gimp your progression through the game.

It's good to have a idea of what tanks you want(I'm working towards Archer atm) but can't rush really.

MY team atm is

HT - Tiger(Early Henchel)(gotta love the smug) and Pz.Kpfw.B2
SPG - SU-5 and Grille M
MT - Cromwell MK-III
LAV - Sd.Kfz.234/3

The 2 golds(Pz.Kpfw.B2 and Sd.Kfz.234/3) I got were from forge, so really lucky with them.
Old 2016-05-18, 04:38   Link #12
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
I was lucky and got drops haha. Surprisingly, the G-Iron forge is actually pretty good at giving you purple tanks (as I write this, I have TWELVE M10 Wolverines from forge). Sherman Jumbo was my starter, you get her by default. KV-85 was a drop, forgot where. Crusader Mk I was a drop, IIRC she dropped somewhere in Ch 3 or CH 4, I got lucky. Church VI was an R&D tank; Church I was my starter and I just leveled and researched the Church line till I got her. Su-85 was a drop, and I was pretty lucky. Katyusha was from the launch event in Feb.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote