AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Index LN - 10th Anniversary Crossover Special Rating
Perfect 10 16 53.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-12-16, 18:26   Link #241
Wandering Soul

I won't get my hopes up, but Kamachi writing for Jump does sound interesting.
Old 2015-12-17, 00:26   Link #242
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's on /a/, but I tracked down the list to Blogspot.

EDIT: Yeah, it seems that the original source is 2ch and the original poster in Blogspot isn't sure about its credibility. One comment in particular, notes the early release on the ToC despite the issue release two weeks after.

So it would be best for fans of both to hold off your hopes until next year when Jump actually goes on sale.
The version that I read instead had a oneshot by Kuroko no Basket's mangaka.

Quote:
Shounen Jump Issue 5/6:
Cover, Lead CP: One Piece
CP: Boku no Hero Academia, Black Clover, Zenei no Archer (One Shot by Fujimaki Tadatoshi (author of Kuroko no Basket))
Now if Kamachi DID have a series, I'd be VERY cautious. I only have two manga series to go off: Medaka Box (Nisio Isin) and Stealth Symphony (Narita Ryohgo). One was brilliant, then became complete nonsense in its final arc before ending. The other was not embraced at all by Jump readers and became a massive clusterf*ck by the end of it's short and cancelled run. And Kamachi is more in line with Narita than Nisio so...

Its not a good sample size but when faced with uncertainty, I'd tread carefully.
Old 2015-12-17, 06:37   Link #243
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

Now if Kamachi DID have a series, I'd be VERY cautious. I only have two manga series to go off: Medaka Box (Nisio Isin) and Stealth Symphony (Narita Ryohgo). One was brilliant, then became complete nonsense in its final arc before ending. The other was not embraced at all by Jump readers and became a massive clusterf*ck by the end of it's short and cancelled run. And Kamachi is more in line with Narita than Nisio so...

Its not a good sample size but when faced with uncertainty, I'd tread carefully.
I haven't read Stealth Symphony... but I liked Medaka Box. I thought it was great...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 07:30   Link #244
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I haven't read Stealth Symphony... but I liked Medaka Box. I thought it was great...
My memory's a bit hazy but I thought Medaka Box was great until the end of the Not Equal Arc. The Marriage Arc was also fine with its wordplay mechanics. The Shiranui Arc was complete garbage and pretty much killed the manga in the end.

You need to read Stealth Symphony. It starts off okay but it becomes one hell of a trainwreck in the second half once it becomes apparent that the series will be cancelled.
Old 2015-12-17, 19:01   Link #245
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
My memory's a bit hazy but I thought Medaka Box was great until the end of the Not Equal Arc. The Marriage Arc was also fine with its wordplay mechanics. The Shiranui Arc was complete garbage and pretty much killed the manga in the end.

You need to read Stealth Symphony. It starts off okay but it becomes one hell of a trainwreck in the second half once it becomes apparent that the series will be cancelled.
Lol why should I read a trainwreck?

Also, I didn't think it was garbage. I just thought it was rather absurd meta. I sort of liked that arc anyway. It wasn't like great or anything, but it was still fun reading. I think it's a matter of taste. Though maybe my memory is just bad?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 19:54   Link #246
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Manga Images with corrected links

This will probably be the last update regarding this crossover. I have uploaded images from the 2 manga volumes onto the Index Wiki:

Volume 1:
Cover
Title
ToC
Characters
Chapter 1 Title

Volume 2:
Cover
Title
ToC
Characters
Chapter 6 Title
Old 2016-01-08, 02:35   Link #247
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:

Just to confirm since nobody mentioned it, the ToC with a Kamachi one-shot was wrong and the one posted in OH&S's post was correct. No Kamachi one-shot people. Now shoo.
Old 2016-04-11, 16:01   Link #248
LazyHunter

A bit late, but I finally found volume 2's raw, and I wanted to share my opinion.
Spoiler for Impresions/Comments V2 RAW:
Well, this crossover is finished, but hopefully Kamachi will make another one and include the characters from his new series.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote