AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-12-01, 01:08   Link #281
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
hmmm speaking of Ophis we have 3 kinds/types of them we have the Original Ophis, Ophis's spawn "Lilith" and finally the spirit of Ophis inside of Issei.... w0w the alliance has 3 of them on their side a complete package of the Infinite Dragon God or Ouroboros Dragon "Ophis". 0_0
Old 2015-12-01, 09:11   Link #282
Biohazardous

I want more Ophis I love her.
Old 2015-12-01, 13:42   Link #283
Biohazardous

Can't really give input on that stuff. Only stuff I know is a small amount about the greek gods from school ages ago.
Old 2015-12-01, 14:12   Link #284
Chichiryuushintei

I think the only time Ishi ever mentioned the Shinto Gods was in v7 when Odin was visiting the strip clubs. Sooo, not sure, they certainly exist in the DxD-verse, but that doesn't mean they'll have a role. Ishi could always set up something for an in-between mini-arc, but I find it REALLY unlikely.

And this is only what I know from Wikipedia, so may have nothing to do with the actual myth, but isn't Izanami caged in the Shinto Land of the Dead? That would make it kind of hard for her to appear, no?
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 03:59   Link #285
The 48th Ronin

Just in case Shiva Arc goes through, any chances that we will see Elephant Face (aka Ganesha)?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 04:01   Link #286
Hakai

The one I want to see the most is Rama
This guy could be a serious badass if Ishi handles him well
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 06:13   Link #287
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Rama is a jerk if you read the ending of Mahabharat...

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 06:27   Link #288
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCholesterol View Post
Rama is a jerk if you read the ending of Mahabharat...
What he did was not 'being a jerk'. A king has responsibility to his people, even more so than to his family. If the people held doubt about 'that', his reign (and the consequential stability) would be questioned, and he couldn't have that.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 06:31   Link #289
Hakai

He wields Bow and Arrow, don't care about anything else
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 06:40   Link #290
LowCholesterol

yeah i knew about king responsibility, but he was simply abandoning Sita and his unborn baby(which he thought that's child of Ravana)
by throwing her to the forest, then she giving a birth without any help, rise his child until she die in that forest.

he's not even trusting her faithfulness toward him for even a bit.

Old 2015-12-02, 08:49   Link #291
The 48th Ronin

Rama technically is an asshole by modern standards. But Mahabharata isn't exactly made for modern tastes.
Old 2015-12-02, 09:29   Link #292
LowCholesterol

well, his knight-like behavior is cool , i admit it, i would never forget the chapter about he defeating a strong rhaksasa(a giant in hindu) just with a word, and then the rhaksasa make a wish to Rama to kill him after he reach the mountain top with his legendary bow which he give to Rama after his defeat

but after knowing Sita pregnant, he suddenly become an asshole

Old 2015-12-02, 11:15   Link #293
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
I'd like to raise an interesting question, now that we're finally in the endgame.

Do you all ever wonder why Izanagi and Izanami never showed up? I understand the argument that other gods are effectively pointless now due to the absurd power creep that the Hindu gods give us, but it always felt odd to me that what I understood to be the two most famous gods in Japan (I'm not Japanese, I've studied a bit if Shinto before but I am by no means an expert on this) never made an appearance.

Their story is interesting too, and I'm sure Ishibumi could do something with it. I'll take it a step farther.

Does anyone think they're destined to make a late-story appearance? Maybe even planned for a while?
I think slashdog will focus on shinto myth and who knows, maybe both of them will appear there. However not sure why ishibumi doesnt put any of shinto gods in the op ten strongest m being, well for me at least thor and lugh are right where they belong
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 23:11   Link #294
Chris38

Weill ... considering the revelations in Ex about Ise's potential power ups...

I believe that there is a strong chance that either Crom Crauch or Tiamat are going to become Ise's 'instructor' in using Dragon related powers pretty soon.

Since, they are the only two dragons that are capable of transforming between a human and dragon form at will - well, apart from Ophis, who I don't think is suitable as Ise's instructor, due to the fact that she is too powerful, even in her current weakened state.

With Tiamat having a higher chance IMHO to take this position due to the fact that she is 'female' - so there is a chance of her becoming Ise's 'local wife' - as well as the fact that something like that could be a good way to reveal what her relationship with Ddraig actually is
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 23:28   Link #295
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
@Chris38: uhm I agree with you, just wondering if Vali can achieve what Issei can "Dragon's Transformation" or Sirzech's True Form I hope that Vali gain Devil/Demon Transformation like Sirzech but more menacing a Silver Devil with dragon power. ^^
Old 2016-02-05, 01:47   Link #296
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Vali isn't a dragon like Issei he just has a dragon based sacred gear he'll never be able to do so.

Also Sirzechs is a freak of nature something that should never have been born he's basically power of destruction given form.
His "transformation" is just that undoing his mask and showing his true form.

No other devil has shown that kind of thing including Vali so you can scratch that too from the list.
Old 2016-02-05, 08:22   Link #297
Hakai

Ddraig could turn Ise's entire body into Dragon

Albion should be able to the same
And Vali could revert to his humanoid state either by draining his Dragon powers or by using demonic powers

The strength/quality of his dragonification should be lower than Ise's though for obvious reasons
Old 2016-02-05, 16:04   Link #298
Bigmac

The question is why would Vali want to do that. While it has it's perks such as removing devils weaknesses such as holy water and crosses it comes with demerits such as increased damage from dragon slaying properties and he will need someone to drain the dragon aura from him to go back to normal form every few days.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 15:13   Link #299
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

While Rama is indeed badass, but if Ishi decides to stick to his original characterization.. I'm only 60% for this, considering he is a jerk (but with a heart of gold) and what he did to the many Hindu characters (Rama killed Hindu!Vali by mistake).

Ganesha is a good choice, considering that he is Shiva's son and can call out his old man to stick with his duty in case things went ugly (as a bonus Ganesha may call Parvati too ).

For the Japanese Gods, well, we have already a minor one featured (Yasaka), but sure things will be interesting when the major ones are involved (not to mention there are more primordial ones than Izanagi and Izanami, their "parents", the first gods collectively called Kotoamatsukami, if Ishi wants more deeper to the myths). However, I think it is more fitting to show these gods in Slash/Dog, where Japanese myths and deities are more prevalent (but adding one, for example Amaterasu, into a short story/mini-arc involving Kunou and Yasaka is a good choice too).

As for dragonification, Ise has a justification in that his new body is fully draconic from Great Red, so it's only matter of time and training before he is capable of enlarging his body to the size described in EX (and his form is basically a hybrid between Ddraig and GR's forms). While I do hope that Vali can also transform (at least in a smaller size of Albion's true form), his chance is very much small since he does not have a draconic body, but it's still there since he can substitute it with something else (well, he is very talented with magic, so it is entirely possible for him to develop that capabilities. Making a dragon homunculi comes into my mind ).

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2016-02-07 at 00:14.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 21:43   Link #300
The 48th Ronin

Here's hoping Parvati has big bewbs, and Ganesha as a ridiculously handsome guy who just wears an elephant mask for chuunibyou reasons.