AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-26, 19:56   Link #461
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Aqua, she is also the core of the problems why the guild requested Mitsurugi, Yunyun, and Wiz to discipline Kazuma's party.

Kazuma's complaints about Aqua is unbelievable to the people who does not actually know her.
Mitsurugi, knowing that he still looks up to Aqua's beauty.
Even though Megumin and Darkness has some problems, but it is heaven and earth difference scale in problems when it comes to Aqua.

And to think Aqua even attracted a ghost ship at the beach.
Just what does these zombies like about Aqua?

Mitsirugi, just like Kazuma, Mitsurugi also died once and sent to the world for his adventure.
His parties are also full of females that makes Kazuma's party suspicious of Mitsurugi of having ambition to build a harem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Her holy trait?? No... Thats wrong... Her body?? That's wrong too ... What is it...... Something that mafe her attract all kind of undead....
The current hypothesis is that since her body is that of a goddess, it emits a holy aura that causes the mindless undead to swarm towards her seeking salvation.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 20:31   Link #462
rladls2121

Though that is just a speculation, I agree whether or not that is the case.
But if that ghost ship from the Drama cd will come to the shore for Aqua just for that.
Even though Megumin like to cast Explosions on her enemies, and Darkness wants to be brutally beaten against her enemies, do not want anything to do with the Undeads that wants Aqua.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 14:11   Link #463
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Ah, is so cute how Chris calls for Darkness every time she is under the sekuhara lens

..... And did Kazuma just "got" (stole) a skill used on him without agreement of being taught? I have always wanted him to do blue mage sort of stuff by copying boss class skills (that he won't be able to use ).

Last edited by Okashira; 2016-01-27 at 15:16.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 14:47   Link #464
Breimn

Noh, if you mean bind she did teach him. She hoped to not be harassed anymore with the excuse of not having skill to grab opponents. But it is Kazuma we are talking about.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 14:49   Link #465
charasu
DigiDestinied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Ah, is so cure how Chris calls for Darkness every time she is under the sekuhara lens

..... And did Kazuma just "got" (stole) a skill used on him without agreement of being taught? I have always wanted him to do blue mage sort of stuff by copying boss class skills (that he won't be able to use ).
“Alright, hurry up and go home, go home! If you don’t go, I will use the bind skill I learned after you it cast on me to tie you up and sexually harass you! I suffered so much because of that yesterday!”

Old 2016-02-01, 22:07   Link #466
novalysis

Just read all the way up to the latest translated chapter in Volume 6. I can't wait to see those boss fights making it to anime. They are all comedy gold, every last one of them. And even though Kono Suba is primarily a parody, the story pays a rather impressive degree of attention to character development.

Megumin and Darkness both progress from one dimensional comedy archetypes, to characters with surprising degrees of depths in terms of personality and roles. Kazuma is both a highly adaptive leader, but also a hilariously smooth boot-licker. At the same time, he is also quite a coward albeit on rational grounds. Aqua.... is an Aqua. That's all I have to say. But yes, Kazuma choose an amazing cheat item indeed.

Unfortunately, there is not enough Chris in the first five volumes, though Wiz and Yun Yun both serve to fill up the supporting cast roster fairly solidly, and are interesting characters in their own right. Which actually makes me wonder: what if Kazuma had found himself in a less wacky party? Also, I wonder just how many Divine Artifact wielding Japanese adventurers that Aqua sent down, ended up joining the Demon King's army, as Wiz did, if Kazuma had been this close to defecting in Volume 5?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 22:33   Link #467
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Just read all the way up to the latest translated chapter in Volume 6. I can't wait to see those boss fights making it to anime. They are all comedy gold, every last one of them. And even though Kono Suba is primarily a parody, the story pays a rather impressive degree of attention to character development.

Megumin and Darkness both progress from one dimensional comedy archetypes, to characters with surprising degrees of depths in terms of personality and roles. Kazuma is both a highly adaptive leader, but also a hilariously smooth boot-licker. At the same time, he is also quite a coward albeit on rational grounds. Aqua.... is an Aqua. That's all I have to say. But yes, Kazuma choose an amazing cheat item indeed.

Unfortunately, there is not enough Chris in the first five volumes, though Wiz and Yun Yun both serve to fill up the supporting cast roster fairly solidly, and are interesting characters in their own right. Which actually makes me wonder: what if Kazuma had found himself in a less wacky party? Also, I wonder just how many Divine Artifact wielding Japanese adventurers that Aqua sent down, ended up joining the Demon King's army, as Wiz did, if Kazuma had been this close to defecting in Volume 5?
Who said Wiz was a former Japanese? She didn't recognize Aqua first remember? And she has no artifact.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 22:38   Link #468
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Who said Wiz was a former Japanese? She didn't recognize Aqua first remember? And she has no artifact.
No, I'm not implying that Wiz is a Japanese. Rather, we know that humans have pledged their services to the Demon King in one way or the other. So it makes me wonder whether any Divine Artifact Wielders from Japan have defected to the Demon King, for various reasons.
Old 2016-02-02, 02:29   Link #469
rladls2121

That's interesting, but Mitsurugi isn't the same side as the Demon King is it?
And possibility of Kazuma joining the Demon King?

Yun Yun, she is actually a really good person, and to think the fact that she is the only one of the races with common sense.
The things that teachers from her village teaches strange things to Megumin and the other classmates.
Megumin seems to dislike Yun Yun rather too much.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-02, 02:46   Link #470
cloud04
Scanlator

yunyun is kinda like a rival to her,also i assume in the chest department too
Old 2016-02-02, 03:00   Link #471
Breimn

Quote:
No, I'm not implying that Wiz is a Japanese. Rather, we know that humans have pledged their services to the Demon King in one way or the other. So it makes me wonder whether any Divine Artifact Wielders from Japan have defected to the Demon King, for various reasons.
According to spin off there is a good chance that
Spoiler for raw vol 2:
Old 2016-02-02, 03:11   Link #472
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
According to spin off there is a good chance that
Spoiler for raw vol 2:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2016-02-03, 20:58   Link #473
Kryn
Lurker of the internet

The latest translated chapter made me feel sad for Kazuma
i know he deserves most of those,but taking away his party and all that? not cool at all
Kryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 21:52   Link #474
AP24

Woah, this is really unexpected. It looks like the LN is getting huge boost in sales from anime like DanMachi and Overlord last year.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 03:23   Link #475
charasu
DigiDestinied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryn View Post
i know he deserves most of those,but taking away his party and all that? not cool at all
Dont worry, masked kazuma fight will be awsome
Old 2016-02-04, 09:08   Link #476
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryn View Post
Kazuma deserved it though and most of it can be blamed on his laziness, arrogance and attitude issues. The girls are becoming better including even Aqua and their treatment of Kazuma is a lot better as well while our MC is trying to live a happy-go-lucky life without much effort and acts high and mighty at the wrong times. Guess everybody has to pay one way or the other for their wrongdoings in Gifting and the MC is included in that list as well...........he had that coming. But this sets up for some good development for Kazuma later on.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 09:29   Link #477
Breimn

Give him a break, he took care of various generals while the other japanese are playing around.
Old 2016-02-04, 09:35   Link #478
Dragon_Slayer_X

I like the MC tbh but his cockiness this volume managed to annoy me quite a bit. At least he partially realized what he is on the verge of losing and didn't try to make excuses before going on his Iris worship tangent again. Seriously shouldn't he try to see the changes in his surroundings first before clinging to someone unrelated?
Old 2016-02-04, 09:51   Link #479
novalysis

It makes me wonder what would have happened, had Iris handled his initial processing instead of Aqua....

I think, in part, Kazuma's multiple deaths, along with the massive amounts of money he accumulated, has formed a toxic combination that has undermined his attitude substantially. Also, have you noticed the degradation in social ability (consider his skills in BSing Darkness father, vis a vis his initial interaction with the Princess) ?

I think Kazuma would have been much happier, and would have had far less attitude problems, had he traveled with a saner group - such as Chris, Yun Yun and Walther, for example. Or even the group he traveled with when he swapped groups in Volume 2.
Old 2016-02-04, 10:12   Link #480
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
It makes me wonder what would have happened, had Iris handled his initial processing instead of Aqua....
We would have gotten Mitsurugi No. 2 who would be infatuated with Eris instead of Aqua......

Quote:
I
I think Kazuma would have been much happier, and would have had far less attitude problems, had he traveled with a saner group - such as Chris, Yun Yun and Walther, for example. Or even the group he traveled with when he swapped groups in Volume 2.
While it may have been possible i don't think a lazy bum like Kazuma would keep at it for too long. He needs someone to treat him roughly at times as well. Even though the girls caused a lot of trouble for him, they are softening up and being nice to him at times........but the first thing he does is running after a unknown princess by dumping his team because he wanted a little sister and live without doing any work at all. Justice is served i guess.......though it was bit overdone.

Tags
another world, harem, humour/comedy, licensed, sort of harem, weak protagonist