AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2016-01-03, 10:17   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Cannot reject friend request

I have a pending friend request from "kusabireika" that I cannot reject. I tried to view the person's profile to see who he or she might be, but I get the "you cannot access this page" response. Usually this means the profile is private, but perhaps you have banned or removed this account for other reasons?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 10:51   Link #2
EroKing

The profile is private and can be viewed only by her friends. Shouldn't you be able to reject any friend's request from the control panel in the Contacts & Friends options regardless of that?
Old 2016-01-04, 01:43   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I would think so, too, but I cannot.

I don't recognize this person, so I wanted to read her profile before deciding how to respond. When I was blocked, I decided simply to reject the request. No matter how many times I try to do so, it remains pending.
Old 2016-01-05, 08:59   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I still can neither accept nor reject this request. It continues to pop up annoyingly every time I log in. Can nothing be done about this?
Old 2016-01-05, 09:10   Link #5
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The account is not banned or removed. It's probably a glitch, in which case Nightwish will have to take a look at it.
Old 2016-01-05, 13:55   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Thanks! I'll await his magic.
Old 2016-01-10, 21:44   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It appears to have been the result of stupidity on my part, though I'll blame the user interface. There is a check box that highlights all the requests which was greyed out on my screen. Since there was only one request, it didn't seem relevant to making the decision. Sure enough, when I checked the box anyway, it become activated, and I could then accept the request. Usually when something is greyed out I think of it as irrelevant to the task at hand, but apparently vBulletin has a different idea.

Sorry to bother you with this. I haven't gotten a friend request in many months now, so I had no recent experience with the interface.