AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-21, 07:39   Link #1
Silentwolfie

I think the newest game is too dreadful/amazing. (Webnovel/Light Novel)

Spoiler for Ncode link:

最新のゲームは凄すぎだろ

This particular title is pretty intriguing. Clearly the author is a part time author (seeing that there are only 43 chapters over 2.5 years, it still got published though), but there is a certain thrill in reading this.

The teenager MC got into a Virtual reality MMORPG [Another World] closed beta (he gets the extremely expensive equipment as well from the close beta). This particular world seems to be a different real world instead of a MMORPG, but the MC thinks that it's a MMORPG no matter how real the "NPC" people appears, and even starts to replace characters living there as real people from his side of the world.

One of the engrossing aspect in this novel is the disconnect between the "NPCs" that we're used to in typical MMORPG novels. One cannot really tell if this are real parallel people or fake NPCs, but the level of emotions involved have become all too serious all of a sudden.

The level of intensity and feelings displayed from them can only be concluded as true "artificial intelligence" or, well, real people. I decided to recommend this title to you guys because of a particular moment in the book that I think is really quite 凄すぎだろ.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 08:22   Link #2
snenmurai

1. how OP is MC ?
2. is there a Harem ?

lol the 2 basic questions in all web/light novels
snenmurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 08:37   Link #3
Silentwolfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snenmurai View Post
1. how OP is MC ?
2. is there a Harem ?

lol the 2 basic questions in all web/light novels
Short reply.

1) Typical job class in a MMORPG. Can beat bosses by carefully planning tactics.
2) No.

Spoiler for Spoilers reply.:
Old 2014-12-21, 14:02   Link #4
NotteBoy97

This seems interesting but I have questions. One what is our main character's personality ( example is he a hard core gamer or real casual), what interactions does he have with the the "NPCs" and/or other players, and finally what is the "MMO's" setting like?
Thanks in advance for any answer
NotteBoy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 22:40   Link #5
Silentwolfie

The main MC is quite interested in playing MMORPGs, but he's not at a neet/otaku level. He's an ordinary kid who listens to his mother and is quite meek.

His interactions with the "NPCs" (I call them NPCs because we the readers will not really able to be certain whether they are simply AI or real people, as the settings for them appear much like a game to the point of blurring the lines of reality.) are treating them like real players. He's the only "player" in this game/parallel world.

The MMO aspects are actually quite weak, because they are no stats that you can officially see, only vague mentions about levels and class change. What shines are the dialogue and the expectation of what will happen next in this mysterious place.
Old 2015-02-26, 11:41   Link #6
Silentwolfie

Spoiler for Spoiler image:

I have been waiting for this for quite some time... haven't gotten down to reading it.

This is from the traditional Chinese version of the light novel (volume 1). There seems to be a major inclusion of an AI heroine (and at first glance I'm quite unhappy about it, mainly because I have accepted the loli heroine in the webnovel to be the main heroine.)