AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 18:24   Link #41
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Just wondering in the future after the rookie 4 defeat the treat on the peace

Can a low-mid-high rank of the high class devils can defeat the rookie 4 who was train by top brass of dxd ?
Old 2014-06-10, 18:31   Link #42
Tbolt

You never teach your students everything, you always keep your One shot kill move to yourself.
Old 2014-06-10, 18:36   Link #43
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
You never teach your students everything, you always keep your One shot kill move to yourself.
I know but just wondering if the other high class devil in the rating game can defeat the upcoming rookie 4 "holding back their special move"

Well the ln said that some high class devil don't train and switch servants so it will be shocked on their pride when they face the 4 masters of the rookie 4
Old 2014-06-10, 20:30   Link #44
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I would say that the other rating game players are probably confident in their own positions of power, and don't feel the rookie 4 as any threat to them, even if they train.

But also some of them that follow the activities of the R4 might start to reconsider. Given how much info makes it out from many of the operations Ise participated in, I'm sure some of them were shaking in their booties when Ise combined with Great Red to take down Jabberwoky. Those matches may insist on a handicap for the Gremory just so as not to be totally annihilated by them in formal games.
Old 2014-06-10, 20:35   Link #45
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I would say that the other rating game players are probably confident in their own positions of power, and don't feel the rookie 4 as any threat to them, even if they train.

But also some of them that follow the activities of the R4 might start to reconsider. Given how much info makes it out from many of the operations Ise participated in, I'm sure some of them were shaking in their booties when Ise combined with Great Red to take down Jabberwoky. Those matches may insist on a handicap for the Gremory just so as not to be totally annihilated by them in formal games.
I agree with you about gremory

But I think they will limit bael group too you "no combine with your servant (regulus)"
For sitri I guess no saji bb "coz his bb is kinda op "

Or no special killing op moves from the rookie 4 to be fair for other high class devil contestant :heehee"
Old 2014-06-11, 06:39   Link #46
Biohazardous

I think for most battle Gremory will be limited. At first I have a feeling this will make things hard for them. Later though I think it will be the reason they get even stronger. They will have to learn more control. The Gremory gang will eventually be a group that is not only very powerful they will also have alot of control over that power.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 15:18   Link #47
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I wonder if there will ever be a 2v2 and such.
Imagine IT!!!!!! lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 15:59   Link #48
ImperialFlameGod8190

the closest they had to something like that was the game against Sairoarg

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 16:07   Link #49
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
the closest they had to something like that was the game against Sairoarg
true, but it wasn't what I'm thinking about; 2 Kings and their servants vs the same.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-02-05, 16:14   Link #50
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
true, but it wasn't what I'm thinking about; 2 Kings and their servants vs the same.
okay in other words a rating game where two sets of Kings take on another two sets of Kings. You should clarify that.

As for will it happen... never the problem with that idea is that Devil's dont seem to suggest that that idea will work plus there probably arent many sets of devils that would team up especially considering that you wouldnt know who takes credit for the win.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-02-05, 16:25   Link #51
GDB

Only way I'd see it working would be like, King + Subordinate King teamup. So for example, Team Gremory + Team Sekiryuutei vs like... Team Sitri + Team Tsubaki (after up and comers get their own set of pieces and make teams, of course). Just as an example. Otherwise I agree that it wouldn't really work.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 16:27   Link #52
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
okay in other words a rating game where two sets of Kings take on another two sets of Kings. You should clarify that.

As for will it happen... never the problem with that idea is that Devil's dont seem to suggest that that idea will work plus there probably arent many sets of devils that would team up especially considering that you wouldnt know who takes credit for the win.
Who cares about the win, it's a game to be played for fun.
besides which ever side of the 2v2 wins are the winners.

Old 2015-02-05, 16:29   Link #53
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

Well it's meant to be related to chess right, you can't have two on two there so I doubt it. But I'm starting to hate how the RG has to nerf players, isn't it meant to show off your servants and get exp in no time of war?
Old 2015-02-05, 16:42   Link #54
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Who cares about the win, it's a game to be played for fun.
besides which ever side of the 2v2 wins are the winners.
Im sorry i havent seen a single rating game so far that fits any definition of for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
Well it's meant to be related to chess right, you can't have two on two there so I doubt it. But I'm starting to hate how the RG has to nerf players, isn't it meant to show off your servants and get exp in no time of war?
The EPs have powers that relate to chess and thats really about it. The rating game to me is meant to show off your servants but its not about battle experience necessarily the rating games are more a power war within the devils. I mean at this point there's no indication they expected to really be fighitng the fallen angels or angels after the events. its more of a way to show what devils are the most powerful but war was never really something considered

Old 2015-02-05, 16:46   Link #55
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Im sorry i havent seen a single rating game so far that fits any definition of for fun.
ok Mr. Cynical.

If I was in those rating games I'd already consider it fun on principle.

Old 2015-02-05, 17:38   Link #56
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
ok Mr. Cynical.

If I was in those rating games I'd already consider it fun on principle.
In this regards im not cynical but hey thats me

Old 2015-02-05, 18:21   Link #57
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
But I'm starting to hate how the RG has to nerf players, isn't it meant to show off your servants and get exp in no time of war?
Well your servants showing the ability to handle themselves even under a handicap does say a lot about their ability too. Besides I don't think many devils get enjoyment out of watching a complete curb stomp.
Old 2015-02-06, 18:16   Link #58
Darius Drake

The only restrictions I've seen in the Ratings Game so far has, essentially, been:
- "Special Field Condition" - Ratings Game vs Sitri Team & Ratings Gave vs Bael Team
- "If it makes the game boring, scares off your opponents or immediately kills them, you can't do it"

If you look at it differently, the first is what makes different ratings games different, so you can't complain about it being "unfair". Especially since it's basically the same restriction against both sides. In other words, this is the "don't destroy the environment", the "dice roll determines how many 'points' the peices you can send out have", and the "capturing flags gets you points" rules.

The second one is the one that stopped Gasper from using his Balor View powers in the Sitri Team match, because he couldn't control them and if they went out of control the match would be boring. It's also the restriction that stops Rias's "Extinguished Star" from being used, and that made Rias order Ise from using "Bilingual" in the Ratings game. That said, from my knowledge, Ise's still, officially, permitted to use "Bilingual" in Ratings Games, so it's just Rias's order so that they can still actually participate in Ratings Games.

-----------------------------

Onto what I want to see in a Ratings Game. I'm going to limit my selections to what I think is possible to see in a Ratings Game, instead of going to "This'll be cool, and would be interesting to see Ise/Rias do".

My idea is, essentially, a "Play Guard" Ratings Game. It can have two, base, formats:
1. One Team Protects, One Team Defends. Then they switch.
2. Both teams have to do both offence and defence at once.

The interesting thing is that this base can have numerous sub-divisions. One's "Castle Seige", while another's "Get the Cardboard Cutout People to Safety".
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote