3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-26, 22:19   Link #61
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I certainly hope that Akatsuki's "woe is me" arc ends soon.

As someone who typically plays solo on MMOs (with some exceptions) I can't understand her POV at all.
I'm not a people's person either and unless I'm having a particularly good day I'm likely to avoid frequent contact with others in a MMO... but I'll still join groups for tougher quests/dungeons/raids... because that's where the good stuff is.

I typically play healers and I firmly believe that a good healer can keep a bad tank (or party, if you're having a really bad day) alive so I go the extra mile to ensure my gear's good. So when I see people like Akatsuki that, as Village Idiot put it, are geared on AH green and blues, I die a little on the inside.

Instead of the constant monologues about being weak and never having raided, she should ride on her guild's reputation for once and get herself a spot on an easy one.
Or better yet, disappear. Her character's incredibly dull.
Old 2014-10-26, 23:18   Link #62
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

This is the problem with running two plots concurrently in a story IMO, you end up contrasting the two plots and one of the plots can't help but becoming the "inferior" one. Akatsuki's plot work in the novel because they decide to finished covering it before they cover Shiroe's plot, but here, her plot end up breaking the pace in the more (subjectively) interesting Shiroe's rad story and I can't help but internally screaming "get back to Shiroe's raid already" during the episode.

This also happens during first season in the goblin invasion arc. Everytime they decide to cover the newbie part, I kept screaming internally "get back to cover the awesome game politic plot already"
Old 2014-10-26, 23:19   Link #63
Hmm....

The main different between you and Akatsuki is that you are a "healer". Healer is soughted after. DPS is not. I love hybrid class and enjoy playing support role so I don't have this kind of problem (mainly druid tank in my WoW days). However, I know many people who have this problem even in this day and age where there are tons of tools to help you PUG. It was worse in older days. I also doubt this kind of tool still exist in current ET.

I don't think Akatsuki is still at AH green and blue level. She mentioned before that she PUG with Shiroe many time back when ET is still a game. She can PUG heroic dungeon fine. Full raid is another step beyond that which is where Akatsuki have problem with as with majority of players in WoW. I think she is currently at Heroic blue and purple level and looking for some purple crafted gear.
Old 2014-10-27, 12:37   Link #64
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
sou about to go in next episode don't mess with his harem or he will fuck you up Akatsuki needs a hug she misses shiroue can't wait unti next episode!
Old 2014-10-27, 18:05   Link #65
HandofFate

I like Akatsuki and village events story part better than Shiroe's raid portion.
The show already delivered why they're doing the raid. gold ect, they're wiping ect.

We have yet to find out what's going on with these attacks in town, and other character life updates since the series started, so I'm interested in that more.

It be one thing if the fighting and raid scenes had any budget in them, and it had effort in showing action, but its doesn't.
Old 2014-10-27, 21:43   Link #66
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post

As someone who typically plays solo on MMOs (with some exceptions) I can't understand her POV at all.
I'm not a people's person either and unless I'm having a particularly good day I'm likely to avoid frequent contact with others in a MMO... but I'll still join groups for tougher quests/dungeons/raids... because that's where the good stuff is.

I typically play healers and I firmly believe that a good healer can keep a bad tank (or party, if you're having a really bad day) alive so I go the extra mile to ensure my gear's good. So when I see people like Akatsuki that, as Village Idiot put it, are geared on AH green and blues, I die a little on the inside.

Instead of the constant monologues about being weak and never having raided, she should ride on her guild's reputation for once and get herself a spot on an easy one.
Personal vendetta against a character???

There's a major differnece, we play MMO a few hours a day to relieve stress. She's living in a MMO and as a result gets stress.

Being 2nd rate is antagonizing, especially when you're in a love war. And more or less she perceived shiroe to shunned her due to her lack of combat experience.
Old 2014-10-28, 01:45   Link #67
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Being 2nd rate is antagonizing, especially when you're in a love war. And more or less she perceived shiroe to shunned her due to her lack of combat experience.
And yet we don't see Minori whining despite her being far behind Akatsuki and not being entrusted to do anything.
Old 2014-10-28, 02:02   Link #68
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
And yet we don't see Minori whining despite her being far behind Akatsuki and not being entrusted to do anything.
Because she is still a noob (no offense here ). People who haven't reach max level yet usually just enjoy game content and casually level themselves up. Once they reach max level, they will reach dead end. That is where the frustration come in.

There are people who can still play happily despite that. Prime example would be Mariel and Crescent Moon Alliance. I would say they are still at WoW green and blue quest level item. They just don't care about higher game content and enjoy helping out noobs. Unfortunately, Akatsuki is not like that.

PS. Actually, Minori did mope about this back in SS1 and try her hardest to be any use to Shiroe. Luckily, she do have skills other than combat to make up for it.

Last edited by Hmm....; 2014-10-28 at 03:46.
Old 2014-10-28, 03:27   Link #69
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post

I'm not sure what MMOs you've played but most MMOs I know make it so that gearing a healer is typically easier (relatively speaking) compared to gearing a DPS class.

Also in Akatsuki's defense (moping aside), doing a raid in ET as it is now is much harder considering the party will actually have to feel everything that happens in a raid. And unless you're a dedicated raiding guild like Silver Sword or someone with flying mounts like Shiroe and Naotsugu, just getting to a raid location could already be quite difficult.

It's not as simple as shouting LFG or checking the party finder for a raid anymore.
Old 2014-10-28, 04:21   Link #70
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The first season also pointed out that the raid dungeons within easy travel of Akiba had already been camped out by the major guilds. Going further afield now requires days of travel, and many of the minor guilds don't have the capability of establishing supply lines for dedicated raiding. And this isn't getting into the fact that, post-Catastrophe, raiding is now an altogether different level of difficulty, what with being stuck in the game without conveniences like Rage counters and online guides and such.
Old 2014-10-28, 05:52   Link #71
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
There are people who can still play happily despite that. Prime example would be Mariel and Crescent Moon Alliance. I would say they are still at WoW green and blue quest level item. They just don't care about higher game content and enjoy helping out noobs. Unfortunately, Akatsuki is not like that.

Actually Akatsuki is pretty similar. Her reason for playing the game was not for that end game content. That's for sure. She was just enjoying the game in her own way, pre-catastrophe of course.
Old 2014-10-28, 05:54   Link #72
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

A good episode for me, more centered on character evolution this time.
Looks like Leynessia and Akatsuki are suffering a bit from the impostor syndrome.

Like Henrientta said the biggest problem of Akatsuki is the lack of self confindence, she feels she's being left behind thus she is useless whereas she was chosen by Shiroe to do a task she's the best suited at.

I also have to say that the animation was sub par at moments, that was painful to watch at moments
Old 2014-10-29, 07:53   Link #73
Destiny Knight
Dead End

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
A good episode for me, more centered on character evolution this time.
Looks like Leynessia and Akatsuki are suffering a bit from the impostor syndrome.

Like Henrientta said the biggest problem of Akatsuki is the lack of self confindence, she feels she's being left behind thus she is useless whereas she was chosen by Shiroe to do a task she's the best suited at.

I also have to say that the animation was sub par at moments, that was painful to watch at moments
Especially the Nyanta moment animation ...cannot unseen.
Old 2014-10-29, 11:10   Link #74
Yan3242

Quote:
Prime example would be Mariel and Crescent Moon Alliance.
well thats probably because they have no intention to do any hardcore stuff like raiding, and their intention doesnt seem to change even after catastrophe. i didnt read the novel so apologies if i wrong but they look like they just trying to make their living place to be a better place, in this case is akihabara. so technically they just play it "the sims/sim city" style which can be seen in many previous episode (hosting festival, helping newbies,kill stuff not for exp but for crafting purpose, etc)

Quote:
and just exactly how she will do that? we can yell how stupid she is or how dumb she is but that because we know how to, we have the experience to do so, in this "drama" this akatsuki person role is having zero knowledge when it come to socializing (party, guild etc), combine with her "shy/timid" personality (at least the way i see) i think her "act" right now is probably the most convincing, it would be damn strange as in huge plot hole if she doesnt know anything about party and stuff yet suddenly she organizing a low level raid or grinding party all by herself

basically its like watching a movie, when we as viewer know exactly the heroine is going to die, then we start yelling "why she didnt run?" or "there is a knife on the floor, why not use it?" etc. its the same feeling at least for me , just enjoy the flow i say.
Closed Thread