AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-10-09, 17:22   Link #41
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Don't see this fight lasting one or at most two more chapters. The last chapter is rumored to be 39 pages and is a setup to the movie. So the chapter before that will be the real end and we need a number of tie-ups.

Honestly, this fight became very anticlimatic once we learned there were only 5 chapters left and the movie sets up the future. It almost feels like the movie is more important than whatever ending we get. So the fight is kind of pointless. This fight would have a much different feel if we weren't on a clock and a spoiler filled movie wasn't around the corner.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 19:48   Link #42
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
This fight would have a much different feel if we weren't on a clock and a spoiler filled movie wasn't around the corner.
yea that bugs me. i'm sure spoilers will be rampant while we wait to see the film with subtitles. i'm not too big on the canon material film idea
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 20:11   Link #43
Alchemist007
*Author

Is the movie some sort of sequel?
Old 2014-10-09, 20:24   Link #44
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Is the movie some sort of sequel?
Apparently the movie supposed to be an epilogue to the ending of Naruto.

Honestly the fight feels so anti climatic knowing that there isn't much time left and that both combatants come out okay.
Old 2014-10-09, 21:24   Link #45
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Apparently the movie supposed to be an epilogue to the ending of Naruto.
It is also suppose to be part of some greater Naruto project that will likely see the series, in some form, continue past Shippuden with the kids as young adults. There is still money to be made off this rotting corpse.
Old 2014-10-09, 22:40   Link #46
Aegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
It is also suppose to be part of some greater Naruto project that will likely see the series, in some form, continue past Shippuden with the kids as young adults. There is still money to be made off this rotting corpse.
So far, the project consists in :
  • a movie
  • an exposition in Tokyo in 2015
  • a stage play in Japan in 2015
  • the replacement of Rock Lee by Sasuke for the gag manga (the Rock Lee manga already ended and the first chapter of the Sasuke thingie came out or wil come out this month)

Nothing implies there will another series or whatever. Kishimoto barely works on this project. (the movie is written by pro screenwriters, Kishi only gave them the plot outlines and the sketches we have already I am also not sure the exposition will consist in recent drawings by Kishimoto, I think it will be a the collection of everything he drew during those 15 years).

The new era is not a future timeline in the manga (ie Pt3). The Sasuke manga is part of the project and takes place when Sasuke was with Taka, not after the end of the real manga.
The new era is a real word era, the era when Kishimoto stopped drawing the manga. The new era project is the project to keep milking the franchise regardless of Kishimoto's decision to quit.

Kishimoto decided to end the manga in a rush (ending it so quickly cannot possibly be the will of the editors, even if they obviously agreed to it). Right now, there is no reason to think he'll get back into it, considering he already made enough money for several lifetimes.
Aegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 11:36   Link #47
GDB

Isn't there some unannounced project that has a countdown timer to announcement as well? Most people I've seen talk about it expect it to essentially be Naruto GT or... can't think of an example to rip off, but basically a sequel where the main characters are the current cast's kids.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 12:20   Link #48
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Isn't there some unannounced project that has a countdown timer to announcement as well?
It's time countdown until movie "The Last" is aired!
Old 2014-10-11, 14:48   Link #49
Aegos

It's actully a countdown to the final chapter (Nov 11 officially), I think.
Aegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 16:32   Link #50
BPD Renegade

Countdown. I don't really know where to put this, so I'll leave it here. They were so little back then.

It's a bit surreal that there are only four chapters left. After following Naruto for over a decade, it's weird knowing that the manga won't be around anymore.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 16:55   Link #51
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Countdown. I don't really know where to put this, so I'll leave it here. They were so little back then.
that's an awesome page! Seeing all the most popular manga pages in a timeline like that is really cool. So many awesome things have happened. I think we will look back on naruto with fonder thoughts than what a lot of people feel right now.

Quote:
It's a bit surreal that there are only four chapters left. After following Naruto for over a decade, it's weird knowing that the manga won't be around anymore.
i'm pretty confident that this is not the last we will see of the narutoverse. I would bet on another timeskip to where naruto is an adult
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 18:00   Link #52
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegos View Post
The new era is not a future timeline in the manga (ie Pt3). The Sasuke manga is part of the project and takes place when Sasuke was with Taka, not after the end of the real manga.
The new era is a real word era, the era when Kishimoto stopped drawing the manga. The new era project is the project to keep milking the franchise regardless of Kishimoto's decision to quit.

Kishimoto decided to end the manga in a rush (ending it so quickly cannot possibly be the will of the editors, even if they obviously agreed to it). Right now, there is no reason to think he'll get back into it, considering he already made enough money for several lifetimes.
The Sasuke manga has nothing to do with the new Naruto project. It is just replacing Rock Lee in Shonen Jump's kid joke manga.

No one said Kishi would have anything to do with any new project. Clearly others will milk the franchise. I would be shocked if an anime series did not come out of The Last movie. There is certainly some major interest in seeing the kids as young adults.

As for Kishi's finances, I am not sure I agree with you. I am no expect in the Japanese manga business, but from what I do know, the publisher is king there. I wouldn't be shocked if he is not as wealthy from Naruto as you think. He is still young and at some point I see him picking up Naruto again. The odds of him finding another successful series is almost impossible. He only needs to look at his brother.
Old 2014-10-12, 21:25   Link #53
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Some info on the manga and a new project!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/10/...e-new-project/
Old 2014-10-13, 07:14   Link #54
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Oh my gosh, I hope it's not a part 3 or I'm quiting this franchise.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 13:40   Link #55
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Oh my gosh, I hope it's not a part 3 or I'm quiting this franchise.
I don't know, a part 3 centered on Naruto's kid (I'd like to see a daughter here, to be honest, since Mashima seems to hate women) might be enjoyable for a few arcs
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 09:24   Link #56
Casshern

I don't know why anyone at this point would want to see yet another iteration of Losernin, Douchenin and Tokengirlnin.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote