Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-12-09, 02:53   Link #1
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
Bm98....final fantasy songs

I luv Bm98! IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS and where to get Final Fantasy songs for it (exe. or zip. files) could you help me? Im a Final Fantasy fan and playing final fantasy songs on bm98 is soo cool. And please make sure its not a lzh. file. uhh...i bet most ppl are clueless right now...am i rite? o.O ???
*aznplayboi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 02:55   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by *aznplayboi*
I luv Bm98! IF YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS and where to get Final Fantasy songs for it (exe. or zip. files) could you help me? Im a Final Fantasy fan and playing final fantasy songs on bm98 is soo cool. And please make sure its not a lzh. file. uhh...i bet most ppl are clueless right now...am i rite? o.O ???
Rather clueless, but sure that music is licensed and therefore you cant ask for it here. Let alone start a thread for it..
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 03:06   Link #3
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

not many ppl know what bm98 is....if the music was liscensed, it would be an illegal game... -.- this is one of those things where if u dont know what it is...don't bother.
Old 2003-12-09, 03:59   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Hmmm.... a little bit of web research reveals some confusing information. Apparently BM98 is a fan created version of Beat Mania which I have never heard of either. DDR or Dance Dance Revolution (which I do know) has a fan created windows version called Delight Delight Reduplication (DDR) which can play BM98 style songs with dance steps added.

The question that I have for you *aznplayboi* is, "Are BM98 songs created by the user to duplicate popular music, or are they ripped from CDs?"

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 04:13   Link #5
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

well there's a program called BMS Creater 5-key and BMS Creater 7-key which was made for this game, used to make songs you can play. Really confusing to make songs and im not smart enough to find out how. you take songs (usually techno because it has the most sound effects) and remix them, u basically break the sound effects apart and use bm98 to play each sound effect as the song plays.mp3 files are used for this. do you even understand what i mean?
Old 2003-12-09, 04:36   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I think I've got the gist of what you mean. It sounds interesting. I'm honestly not sure if our rules prohibit such a thing or not, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. (I might feel otherwise if I understood it better, but I think you're being good.)

Incidently in the course of my google search I came across this List of BMS music sites. It included Final Fanasy BMS which has tons of Final Fantasy music from FF1 to FF9. There are a few other arcade music sites listed so if you go through the list there could be more Final Fantasy music waiting for you to find it.

Ph34R the power of google!

PS. Also found In Great Need of Final Fantasy bms! The songs in a site listed there are lzh. What's wrong with lzh? Is the problem that you don't know how to uncompress it? It would be a shame not to be able to use those songs since they've got a lot of FF music.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-09, 04:49   Link #7
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

bingo! i dunno how to uncompress lzh...wanna help? lol...oh, i also have a problem with rar files. O.O thanx a bunch for the links..how the hell did u get them so fast? i searched for days and only have lyke 2 ff songs.
Old 2003-12-09, 05:19   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

What can I say? It only took me 15 minutes to research the subject. Using google is a skill I've long since honed to a razor's edge. I don't really know a good lzh compression program since it is mostly used in japan so I don't use it much. I use LHA 2.55e. It is command line only, but it will work. Just make sure that you use the short filenames.

Perhaps someone else knows a better solution?

Old 2003-12-09, 05:26   Link #9
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

For windows; WinZip or WinRAR should be able to handle LZH files... at least to uncompress them.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 05:34   Link #10
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
For windows; WinZip or WinRAR should be able to handle LZH files... at least to uncompress them.
Ah! A solution! WinRar works perfectly!
Unfortunately it can't add files to a lha archive, but I never have to do that so I'm happy.

I can tell you from experience that WinZip works very badly for lzh - you'd be better off with dos. So don't use WinZip. Time for me to fix the file association for lzh.

Old 2003-12-09, 05:48   Link #11
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

... o.O ... finally i know how. heh

Last edited by *aznplayboi*; 2003-12-09 at 12:43.