Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-10-23, 10:51   Link #21
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
How exactly is Paul Hamm wanting to keep the gold medal an act of bad sportsmanship?
Paul Hamm didn't cheat to get the medal. The judges made a mistake in adding Yang's score. You just can't say that if they corrected the score, the medal would have went to Yang. Paul Hamm performed a routine that with just enough diffuculty to give him the gold. There is nothing to say that Paul Hamm wouldn't have just perform a higher difficulty routine that would have given him the gold anyway.
he fucking FELL ON THE JUDGES

his score on that jump was so overinflated it was ridiculous.

now the Koreans have another reason to hate americans. #1 short track speed skating

#2 this.

i dont think paul hamm should give up the medal. it would be amazing if he did, but that is simply too much to ask.. an.. ... uhh... 19? year old.
The sport should be abolished for being too subjective to the opinons of the judges.

Quote:
Hell, even S. Korea conceeded to the ruling and aren't going to make a stink about it, why should you?
because they realised that they cant get anywhere around the american legal system, and the IOC is gonna play stupid.

just because they say "fuck it, fine. do what you want" doesnt mean they agree with it.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 18:09   Link #22
method

What does the American legal system have to do with this?
The ruling came down from the Court of Arbitration for Sport which was held in Lusanna, Switerland. I guess everyone has forgotten about Roy Jones Jr. and how he was cheated out of medal. I guess since he was American it doesn't matter.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 18:47   Link #23
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
What does the American legal system have to do with this?
The ruling came down from the Court of Arbitration for Sport which was held in Lusanna, Switerland. I guess everyone has forgotten about Roy Jones Jr. and how he was cheated out of medal. I guess since he was American it doesn't matter.
i thought they were referring from the initial decision of the IOC not this new ruling.

sorry. i cant remember. i wasnt alive at the time
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote