AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-08-25, 19:22   Link #1
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
"AIR the Movie Special DVD Rip" I have...who wants?

I currently got ahold of a DVD rip of the AIR DVD special you got when you pre-ordered your tickets...I believe. Anyway I have it I can not do IRC very well.
I have yahoo, MSN and AIM. thx bye

yahoo- bhtandfriends
MSN- babyhearthrob@hotmail.com (do not email this one)
AIM- bhtandfriendz
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 20:01   Link #2
TronDD
Team the box!

Baby heart throb?

Ok.

Anything interesting in that special? I'd like to see it.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 05:50   Link #3
Killerattacks

Sora wanted to sub the movie. Maybe they are interested in the raw. I think it would be cool, since they are a very good subbing group.
But they have no website AFAIK only their IRC channel, #sora @ irc.rizon.net
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 16:15   Link #4
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerattacks
Sora wanted to sub the movie. Maybe they are interested in the raw. I think it would be cool, since they are a very good subbing group.
But they have no website AFAIK only their IRC channel, #sora @ irc.rizon.net
I guess there's a bit of group confusion going on, since when I named my group, I had never heard of the licensed series subbers by the same name. I don't really follow those kinds of groups, so I simply did a search on Animesuki to see if the name 'sora' was taken. The correct channel, as Animesuki had listed it, is #AIR on irc.chatspike.net.
As for the raw, we already had it about a week ago and have been working on it ever since. I'm currently a bit busy, but I'm hoping to get this out by the end of this week. Thanks for the offer though.
The DVD has 1 image clip, which is a few image clips from the movie and given an old movie effect. You'll hear Misuzu and Yukito say a few choice phrases and that's about it. A lot of still shots are in the image clip, but not much animation beyond the clips in the TV commericals. There is also an interview clip with the seiyuu for Misuzu, Yukito and Haruko.

EDIT: If you check our website at http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/ under the 'Fansub Status' section, you'll see our current progress with our fansubs.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 17:17   Link #5
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

aww buu I thought I was the first to have LOL. Well your always 20 billons steps ahead of me Zalas If you need any help with somthing I could try to help out
Old 2004-08-26, 23:06   Link #6
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
You are truly a very impatient girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I currently got ahold of a DVD rip of the AIR DVD special you got when you pre-ordered your tickets...I believe. Anyway I have it I can not do IRC very well.
I have yahoo, MSN and AIM. thx bye

yahoo- bhtandfriends
MSN- babyhearthrob@hotmail.com (do not email this one)
AIM- bhtandfriendz
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 04:19   Link #7
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
2 sora's fun -_-
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 04:24   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR512
2 sora's fun -_-
You think it is fun now, we've added them to our database and the original Sora isn't listed because they only do licensed stuff. ^_^;;

Personally I hope that they change their name to Air (like their channel #Air) to reduce confusion. I could gladly live without this kind of fun.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 23:46   Link #9
danayelx
I OWN YOUR ASS!!!

Send a message via AIM to danayelx Send a message via MSN to danayelx Send a message via Yahoo to danayelx
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
You think it is fun now, we've added them to our database and the original Sora isn't listed because they only do licensed stuff. ^_^;;

Personally I hope that they change their name to Air (like their channel #Air) to reduce confusion. I could gladly live without this kind of fun.

Yah, they should change der name to something else, be more creative XP... also, that way ppl wont confuse l33t sora with noob air XP

Mess with the best, die like the rest...
danayelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 23:55   Link #10
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
You are truly a very impatient girl
You could say that

Well it is subbed now so...

Maybe to create less confusion maybe add somthing with sora like...i have no idea...

Reminds me of office space "No way why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks"
Old 2004-08-28, 00:29   Link #11
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

We are now in the process of figuring out what to do about our name right now, and I have to talk to each group member before we reach a consensus. The reason we picked sora was that it was applicable to AIR in many ways. First, そら(空) refers to the sky, which AIR deals with extensively. Second, そら is also the name of a character in AIR, and is also an important symbol to the storyline. However, seeing the confusion that is there, we are definitely considering changing our name as a strong possibility.

As for AIR, we felt it would be kind of weird to have the phrase ''AIR fansubbed by AIR.'

Quote:
Yah, they should change der name to something else, be more creative XP... also, that way ppl wont confuse l33t sora with noob air XP
I'm not quite sure why you came to the conclusion that we were new at fansubbing. All of our members are veterans in fansubbing. I created this group by basically looking up connections I had with other fansub groups to gather a group of people who all shared the common interest of making the best possible fansub for AIR. My reasoning was to reduce the amount of oversubbing by competent groups because maybe one or two people in a group wanted to do it and the rest of the people working on it aren't really as interested in the show but are doing it for the group.
Old 2004-08-28, 01:12   Link #12
Mika

way way off topic but i love your avato Leo_Otakur...its so sweet and innocent....
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 02:20   Link #13
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

After some discussion, we have decided to rename ourselves Takeda Honyakubu in order to prevent any confusion with the other fansub group by the name of Sora. Even though we hadn't heard of them before we took on our name, we believe it unfair to continue using that name. Can an AnimeSuki mod kindly update our group information for us? Thanks.

And furthermore, we have now released our version of the Image Clip and also a better version of the TV commercials in OGM format so that people can view the 8 different commercials that were aired on TV (although they only used 2 unique pieces of footage). Basically, the narration is the same, but a total of 5 different songs were used.
Old 2004-09-04, 23:03   Link #14
problemedchild
ô_ô

Nice..... I'll be waiting for your group's subs then. BTW does anyone know when the first episode of AIR airs?
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 02:32   Link #15
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild
Nice..... I'll be waiting for your group's subs then. BTW does anyone know when the first episode of AIR airs?
The first episode of the TV series was shown/and is being shown now at the TBS Anime Festival. However, I don't think it will be regularly airing until next year, along with the movie.