Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 08:46   Link #141
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I've re-read the discussions in this thread and the other threads about streaming, and I'd have to say I'm still not sure what the status of Funi's shows are. The Listing Policy currently reads:

"AnimeSuki will not list anime that has been licensed for DVD or Blu-ray release in the US and/or which has been licensed by a major US anime company known to release anime on DVD or Blu-ray."

I'm guessing that second clause is what differentiates Funi from Crunchy? Still we don't yet have any evidence that Funi intends to release R1 optical media for these shows. A case in point is Oh! Edo Rocket which Funi distributes only as a subtitled stream with no hint that a DVD release will ever occur.
That sentence was added to the Listing Policy specifically because of companies such as Funimation.

My understanding is that we will not list the Noitamina series streamed by Funimation.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 10:48   Link #142
cyth
Banned

In case you haven't noticed, there are less shows being streamed this season than in previous ones.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 13:24   Link #143
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I'm personally not keen on listing anything on the torrent site in which Funimation has any involvement, as they're very protective (ie: Cease&Desist-trigger-happy) of anything they work on.

But it's a bit new ground; the current listing policy was designed to basically allow true fansubs for series which are also streamed by companies that won't be doing DVD/BD releases (ie: Crunchyroll). But now Funimation (and ADV too) are streaming series they may-or-may-not be putting out on DVD/BD, things get a bit blurred.

And yeah, it appears Crunchyroll is a bit on a rebound of sorts in that they don't stream nearly as many or as interesting series as they did in previous seasons. I'm not sure what could be the reason for that.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 13:57   Link #144
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
At the moment this is purely an academic question, as I have yet to see "authentic" fansubs for either series listed on other sites. Still, if fansubs do appear, will they be listed on the main page, and can we link to them in discussions?
It's no longer academic as regards to House of Five Leaves, and perhaps not as regards Yojo-han, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
I'm personally not keen on listing anything on the torrent site in which Funimation has any involvement, as they're very protective (ie: Cease&Desist-trigger-happy) of anything they work on.
That sounds like a wise policy to me, too!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote