Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 00:20   Link #21
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
A search engine for available jobs around your area maybe?
Craigslist or its equivalent perhaps?
Saleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:34   Link #22
anonymouse

Send a message via AIM to anonymouse
Looks like 4chan is back. The internet is once again complete and definitely not missing anything anymore.
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 03:37   Link #23
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
Looks like 4chan is back. The internet is once again complete and definitely not missing anything anymore.
its back D: ooh few
then there's nothing missing on the interwebs indeed
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 19:19   Link #24
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Nothing, but I'm sure there are a lot things on here we could get rid of.
Old 2009-07-14, 03:00   Link #25
Yakult

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflection View Post
By today's standards, this is like a billion dollar question. If anyone has the real answer and can implement it --> the internet responds --> success! All of the recent successes have all been about user-generated content and connectivity. Since that front is almost saturated, unless there's a fundamental hole in their models, it seems like the only sure way to go is to up the technology.

I've noticed though that at the moment there doesn't seem to be any dominant online educational software packages. For many of the courses that I've taken, profs just direct us to use the software by the publisher of the book. There are ones that have been developed through post-secondary institutions, such as LON-CAPA by Michigan State University, but it doesn't have the same overall package and complexity compared to the commercial offerings. Well, I'm not absolutely sure on this, so does anyone know of any e-learning platform that can cover anything between arts and science that's highly configurable? Then again, could it be that there's some trade regulations here that's preventing anyone from monopolizing the market?
I was actually thinking about trying to start something along those lines. My boss from my weekend part-time job takes advantage of international students wishing to attend U.S. universities by simply copying SAT books and questions and posting them on his website, and then creating "memberships" to gain access to those materials. He basically made a simple, lame version of the Princeton review website supplemented with SAT help and "how to get into college" tutorials in many languages. However, he does make a lot of money.

I was thinking about creating some equal opportunities for education website, starting with a section dedicated to SAT help and materials (of course, no copyright infringing). Then slowly move onto real subject matter besides standardized testing. By not requiring paid memberships to quality material, resources, and help, we'd be somewhat giving an equal opportunity to those who can't afford to pay hundreds for a silly online course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
A website dedicated to moe.

And a more intelligent search engine that filters out empty sites and blogs.
I frequent one such board, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link here o_o

Last edited by Yakult; 2009-07-14 at 03:15.
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:37   Link #26
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Needs more consolidation especially portals, IM, social network.

Right now, the social networks are mostly disconnected from each other. What i believe would be useful is to have a single network that connects all of them together. Something like the digbsy client but more.

Just like wiki became a consolidation of knowledge, i think the social networks need something like that as well. Commercial wise, it would be easier for companys to market their product. User wise, it would expand their network of people without handling multiple account.